weekly Nog's 52 Week 17 Structure

Unkempt: Looks familiar, those tracks will take a while to disappear. As said, nicely composed leading lines.
Gob shot: Love this one... great capture and colour.
Thanks Helen
Koi are great aren't they.

I have a client who breads them for the aquarium shops. Lovely fish and great colours.

Well executed
Thanks Adam

Ooooh I could do that :)

Reactions: nog
Honestly, came in here to say something intelligent-sounding (for once) and everyone's already spoken about leading lines. Still, nice leading line.

Reactions: nog
That looks a lovely walk
Thanks Paul, it was
Ooooh I could do that :)
Cheers Dave, you could:)
Works for me. Ah the English (well Welsh) countryside, certainly takes me back a few years.....
Thanks Bob, those Spanish hills look very nice though
Lovely scene with a strong leading line, probably look great in mono too with all that texture.
Thanks Ryan, got to admit as soon as I saw it I thought that’ll do for leading lines
Lovely leading line. Good to see some sunshine too!
Thanks Helen
Honestly, came in here to say something intelligent-sounding (for once) and everyone's already spoken about leading lines. Still, nice leading line.
Thanks Nick:)
Lovely shot Keith. Nice day for it (for a change!)
Thanks Simon and a weekend with decent weather coming up :)

Last edited:
Both good shots - I like the one with Nel especially for this theme

Week 17 Structure
Pontcysyllte aquaduct, built by Telford
From wiki:
The 18-arched stone and cast iron structure is for use by narrowboats and was completed in 1805 having taken ten years to design and build. It is 12 feet (3.7 metres) wide and is the longest aqueduct in GB as well as the highest canal aqueduct in the world

DSC01990-2.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC01982-2.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
DSC02009-2.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Lovely set, and your chosen shot works very well for the theme.

I went over it in a narrow boat once, and it really scared me, there is no kind of rail on the non-towpath side, just the trough for the water, with a top slightly below your feet. So you are standing there with 120 foot drop in front of you - urgh!

A great subject to shoot. I'm torn between the second shot for it's unusual PoV and your chosen one - either way they're both excellent.

Great sense of scale and drama.

Lovely set, and your chosen shot works very well for the theme.

I went over it in a narrow boat once, and it really scared me, there is no kind of rail on the non-towpath side, just the trough for the water, with a top slightly below your feet. So you are standing there with 120 foot drop in front of you - urgh!

I was going to ask if this is the same one - I've seen video of people going across it and it makes me feel weird.

I can sort of understand they might not have built a rail at the time, but surprised no one's insisted on it these days.

Back