Spring by the River

good luck, I hope you get it sorted,
cas

JO

They are still knocking about...........:)

KF1.jpg

Oddly though................:cautious:........A male and female skimmed down the main river and zipped up a beck to the nest site,withing 20 secs another female came down the river and flew straight past downstream,she flew within 6 feet of me.....awesome to witness and be so close....the other nest site is way downriver,I thought these were very territorial?

Forgot to say,the Fly anglers have taken it upon themselves to trim the overhanging tree branches,so `i m back to square one finding the fishing perches...............:crying:

:clap: Now that is good news! :bat: for the anglers though.

I almost got a shot of a kingfisher myself today. But it was too quick for me. It would have been a close up to. It perched just 8 ft from me, and I had already composed the potential shot, as I saw the stick and realised it was a perfect fishing post. But I looked to where Chris had gone, and when I turned back I saw he/she just leaving the post. I was gutted to say the least!

I'm sure they are territorial, but I'm not sure if it's just the males that get all heated about that? :shrug:

Few more from yesterday.As stated though,it was one of those days were nothing worked out properly........:bang:

These Canadas are not a regular on the river.

CG40.jpg

The river is very low at the moment,these two were chasing fish about in the shallow pools making a hell of a splash and a racket.

Fgoo10.jpg

I`m struggling like hell to get the male right,if I expose so the whites are not blown,then I lose all detail in the dark green head,the river is stony up here so the water looks green and the banks are dark and the males head gets lost in the combination.....:shrug:

Mgoo41.jpg

I made a right dogs dinner of this shot.

Heron40.jpg

Oystercatchers are back and nesting.......(y)

OC40.jpg

And there were some Sika about,for a change.

Sika40.jpg

Huge crop of a little bird.

Pied40.jpg

Want a lodger for a few days/weeks? :D

Nice pied waggy in a nice setting.I only see 'em on the tarmac where I can't be arsed to bother.

If you shoot RAW Frac, you should be able to adjust for the highlights and shadows individually. Life saver for a lot of shots. ;)

I`m sure something could be arranged........(y)

I`ll have a play in photoshop later,thanks Cedric.

Great series Ade keep it coming (y)
I've "pulled" it back a little for you just to give you an idea using shadow and highlights
but it starts to get noisy
if you don't like it say so and its nuked (y)

Frac_copy.jpg

If you have good weather today like we do, I bet your heart feels lifted by the beauty of it all.

Another set of lovely shots Ade. Please keep them coming, along with progress updates where possible :)

Great series Ade keep it coming (y)
I've "pulled" it back a little for you just to give you an idea using shadow and highlights
but it starts to get noisy
if you don't like it say so and its nuked (y)

No probs Chris, the noise appearing is a problem I have always encountered when using shadow / highlight...........I put it down to my ineptitude..:LOL:

If you have good weather today like we do, I bet your heart feels lifted by the beauty of it all.

Another set of lovely shots Ade. Please keep them coming, along with progress updates where possible :)

Will do Jo, could be some corkers by the end of the week,all being well.......(y)

:eek: I'm excited to see what you could mean now :D Bring it on!

:eek: I'm excited to see what you could mean now :D Bring it on!

Something I saw last night Jo,if i`m right in my thinking and lucky one evening this week then I may get a decent image.In the mean time,here is some garbage from yesterday;

HIF40.jpg

GW42.jpg

FCocks40.jpg

Have just found this thread and its a brilliant idea have really enjoyed reading it, such a shame about the otters and birds of prey do hope the low lifes get what they deserve, and good luck with your new estate. Lynda

Great thread that can only get better. Sad to hear about the Otters. Keep up the good work look foward to more from you :clap::clap::clap:

Just getting used to the new place and have spent far too little time there.However,I could not give a damn about rabbits usually,but I did like this cheeky little sentry........:)

rabbit40.jpg

And this appealed to me,guess i`m a bit wierd.............:D

Treesculpture.jpg

Awww :love: Look at that baby wabbit :D I know you probably hate them normally, but you gotta love that little fella! A really nice shot it is to Ade.

That tree does look rather odd. Almost like it was uprooted then rerooted itself where it lay :shrug:.

Rabbits are good Jo, they are a good scource of food for far more interesting creatures........:D

Few pics of the countryside I loiter in.

LS40.jpg

LS41.jpg

And a plant,whose name, I have no idea of..........:shrug:

LS42.jpg

Last edited:
Death before life,probably a crow or magpie has done this.

Death.jpg

New life beginning.

Eggs40.jpg

New life arrived.

Ducklings40.jpg

I seem to have missed the start of this thread, but have just spent some time working my way through it.

I think it is a marvellous documentary (both in pictures and words) of some beautiful countryside and beautiful wildlife which you have an obvious affinity for and, indeed an obvious talent for photographing.

I hope those responsible for the problems you describe get their just desserts and that things will eventually return to the way they were and that you continue to visit the new area you have been granted access to.

Please keep this thread going, it is a fascinating insight to your world which I (and lots of others I'm sure) are thoroughly enjoying.

(y)(y)

Thank you Keith,I shall keep it going as much as possible.

Visitations are in the offing........(y)

Last edited:
The only thing that really p***es me off about this thread Ade is the fact that.............................

I never thought of it first :( :)

Its a blinding idea and I am glad that you are
showing both faces of mother nature (y)
( not that I doubted you for a minute :D)

I`m gonna find summat pink to post next time i`m oot and aboot..........:D

Cheers fella.........(y)

I thought you might :D

There was a coach there today that was bedecked with adverts for a moblie comms.company,it was on the carpark and was very pink.........tempting as it was to take a pic for your benefit,I resisted............:D

There was a coach there today that was bedecked with adverts for a moblie comms.company,it was on the carpark and was very pink.........tempting as it was to take a pic for your benefit,I resisted............:D

:D

Another half a dozen fab shots Ade :) Those ducklings are gorgeous! Do you know which bird the broken and nest of eggs belong to?

No Jo,impossible to say for sure.A ducklings life is hard,Herons like them,mink do and covoids like them before they are born.Harsh and sad,but true.Plenty make it though................(y)

So they were Mallard eggs then? That's what I was asking ;) :p

So they were Mallard eggs then? That's what I was asking ;) :p

Sorry,yes,the female scarpered when I got near,I didn`t see her as I was looking at the ducklings on the stream,damn near trod on her,took the shot of the eggs and I left them in peace.

Mother sat on the nest,taken at 800 so as not to disturb her,she is well hidden.

Ducksatrs.jpg

Great pics Ade and i hope to follow you and enjoy it all through your camera on your wanders through what ever new venture or place you end up . That Landscape pic was stunning keep them comming. Regards John ( LovesRaptors)

I had a walk around the new place yesterday,brilliant and natural place,downside is that nobody has any info on where animals and birds hang out,so it is a steep learning curve for me.The old gamekeeper and woodman from years ago are no longer with us,the gardener is ok for stuff close to the house and one of the mainatance guys is very helpful.But i`m afraid it is a case of me getting to know where stuff is on my own,not that that is a bad thing.

Couple of shots from yesterday,a lot of the estate is like this,the woods are dense and untouched,wildlife heaven...(y)....togs nightmare....:LOL:

LS42-1.jpg

LS41-1.jpg

This little `un is practising for when it has wings.............:LOL:

dling40.jpg

Oh my gosh, what an adorable little thing! Some nice Bokeh there to Ade ;)

These are spending a lot of time near this hole.

BH7.jpg

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what these blong to?

Nest427.jpg

Back