Me & the wife

Edit My Images
Yes
Don't often get pics of the 2 of us so thought i'd share one :)

DSC_0339.jpg

don't fancy you at all - but the lady is VERY nice! :)

Thanks guys - i'm getting some very inconsistent results with the D90....does the focus / exposure look ok...i'm not 100% sure it does.

Is that with the 18-105 ? I was really dissapointed with mine over the weekend. Some of mine looked very soft and inconsitent. That looks better than some of mine.

This was with the 50mm F1.8 - i believe I set it to portrait mode to hopefully get a good result in my fathers hands !

I have popped a couple of pictures on my Flickr. DSC_0315 was with the 18-105 and DSC_0100 was with the 50mm. Both on bright sunny days.

I have popped a couple of pictures on my Flickr. DSC_0315 was with the 18-105 and DSC_0100 was with the 50mm. Both on bright sunny days.

I did also find something out today. I was looking at some pictures on the Imac and I thought they looked OK.

I was looking at some at work on a Windows machine using 'windows picture and fax viewer' and I was not impressed, I then open the same picture in Mspaint and the difference was amazing.

I tried to add a screen shoot of the same picture to my Flickr, but it does not really show the difference that well.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the Paul Whitehouse resemblance?

Just trying to think who mikey looks like now!:LOL:

seriously though, you are a lucky chap lovely lady...(y)

Regarding your D90, I had a similar experience took lots of photos in the early days with the camera mostly disappointed with the results for both Jpeg and RAW. I think I posted here on the forum asking for advice about the quality of the images.

I had a mishap while on holiday and smashed my 18 - 105 kit lens, best thing that could of happened, I moved on to the 18 - 70 kit lens that came with the D70s. Still a low end lens but massive improvement over the 18 -105, started to get some really sharp crisp results and didn't really miss the extra reach of 70 to 105mm, I have now moved on again to the sigma 17 -70 f2.8-4 with a further step forward in PQ and general performance. I discovered the 18 -105 was at the root of my concerns with the D90, there is also so many settings and adjustments you can make to get the best out of the camera, I am really pleased with mine now and enjoying every minute of it. I just wish I could afford really really really good glass...

The picture looks fine to me maybe a little soft just a touch though, however if you are using the nifty fifty the field of focus (If that’s the right expression!) is very shallow. I took a picture of my niece and her friend recently really nice shot although my niece had her face just slightly behind her friend by about two inches and she was OOF. This one looks OK to me though.

I might be putting my Nikon 18-70 f3.5 -4.5G in the classifieds soon if your interested in giving it a try keep an eye open for it.

regards.....Kevin

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the Paul Whitehouse resemblance?

Just trying to think who mikey looks like now!:LOL:

seriously though, you are a lucky chap lovely lady...(y)

Regarding your D90, I had a similar experience took lots of photos in the early days with the camera mostly disappointed with the results for both Jpeg and RAW. I think I posted here on the forum asking for advice about the quality of the images.

I had a mishap while on holiday and smashed my 18 - 105 kit lens, best thing that could of happened, I moved on to the 18 - 70 kit lens that came with the D70s. Still a low end lens but massive improvement over the 18 -105, started to get some really sharp crisp results and didn't really miss the extra reach of 70 to 105mm, I have now moved on again to the sigma 17 -70 f2.8-4 with a further step forward in PQ and general performance. I discovered the 18 -105 was at the root of my concerns with the D90, there is also so many settings and adjustments you can make to get the best out of the camera, I am really pleased with mine now and enjoying every minute of it. I just wish I could afford really really really good glass...

The picture looks fine to me maybe a little soft just a touch though, however if you are using the nifty fifty the field of focus (If that’s the right expression!) is very shallow. I took a picture of my niece and her friend recently really nice shot although my niece had her face just slightly behind her friend by about two inches and she was OOF. This one looks OK to me though.

I might be putting my Nikon 18-70 f3.5 -4.5G in the classifieds soon if your interested in giving it a try keep an eye open for it.

regards.....Kevin

I know you can't expect top quality from a kit lens, BUT when you are spending £700+ the kit lens on a D90 should perform better than it does. Having spent that money, not everyone can then afford to go out and spend another £300 + on better lenses.

I am really missing all the Minolta glass that I used with my old a200, only now do I appreciate how good it was and am left wondering if it was a mistake to move over to Nikon !!!! I could have just moved up to an a700 and kept all the glass I had.

Last edited:
nice image you look a happy couple only crit there seems to be some hotspots on your faces..

You have an extremely pretty wife, lucky man!!!! You on the other hand, are a brute. OK. I'm kidding. You look a bit like that psychic dude, erm I forget his name. Not John Edwards, an english chap. Colin something maybe.

DAMN I HATE FORGETTING.

:bang:

Forget it.

Gary.

Colin Fry!!! That's it. You don't suffer from the bug shaped head that he has though.

Gary.

I am really missing all the Minolta glass that I used with my old a200, only now do I appreciate how good it was and am left wondering if it was a mistake to move over to Nikon !!!! I could have just moved up to an a700 and kept all the glass I had.

I think, on a budget, you can't beatthe alpha system.

Lovely photo

(y)

I know you can't expect top quality from a kit lens, BUT when you are spending £700+ the kit lens on a D90 should perform better than it does. Having spent that money, not everyone can then afford to go out and spend another £300 + on better lenses.

I don't see the issue with that really...if I was personally good enough to go in to it at pro level I would have sold the wife as well to get a minimum D700 and some seriously good glass, however that is my longer term goal. My bit of fortune was the insurance paying me for my 18 - 105 and hoya UV that more than covered the 18 - 70 purchase (from the forum classifieds). The 17 - 70 is still to have funds replaced by the sale of the 18 - 70. not a big investment really over my original purchase.

Just curious why change system when you have most of your major investment already? Why did you not go with the sony upgrade?

Just curious why change system when you have most of your major investment already? Why did you not go with the sony upgrade?

I only bought the a200 because I could not afford a D80 at the time. I sold all the Sony/Minolta for a slight profit, I managed to pick up all the lenses before they became really popular.

Back