weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

ahh, that's an abdo:D

had a vision of an x-ray of... all of him!

I really like that film, better then I can find in our archives (I deal with careers fairs, high school visits, etc so have searched them throughout!)

and trust me, a 5p will show on an x-ray.

Hiya Dan,

Indeed that is an abdo......ribs and all :D

The x-ray does have the chin in too, but didn't get that with the range I had to work with - was using the 18-55 lens to take the shot.

And thanks for confirming that 5p would show up on an x-ray .... I thought as much, but obviously there is a cost implication doing x-rays, so guess they don't do them for 5p :LOL:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Last edited:
lol
I'm really sorry for hijacking your thread to talk about x-rays...
But tbh I am shocked about how really good the shot has come out!

No probs, it just shows how good I am at taking a pic of a really old x-ray ;)

:D

Cheers

Hiya,

Thanks to all for commenting on my pics for week 5 (and the previous weeks).

I have been so busy the last 24 hours trying to get my 365 updated, before the release of te next 52 theme.

If you would like to pop past and see some of the other images I have created (besides this 52), please pop in for a peek at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystal_singer/

Now waiting in anticipation for Week 6

Cheers

Dawn,

Like the x-ray shot, what was your set-up? Checked my 50D hand book & it seems I can't do it :shrug:

I was going to try some shots of hard boiled sweets but the paper shop was closed :razz:
The marbles look great, lots of colour & nice dof.

Mick (y)

Dawn,

Like the x-ray shot, what was your set-up? Checked my 50D hand book & it seems I can't do it :shrug:

I was going to try some shots of hard boiled sweets but the paper shop was closed :razz:
The marbles look great, lots of colour & nice dof.

Mick (y)

Hiya Mick,

Thanks for the comments.

As for the x-ray shot, the way I photographed them was ...... thread some string to the room dividers I have as background drop, then used clothes pegs to attach the x-rays to the string. Using halogen table lamps I then positioned the lighting accordingly, kind of creating a 'light box' effect. I don't think your 50D handbook would have that kind of setting in it :LOL:

Pity the shop was closed, but then guess that could be a good thing too otherwise you might have gobbled them all before getting a shot :D Still I like your hard boiled egg pic.

I've been working on my 'cluttered' image today, so hopefully will get that finished today.

Cheers

Me too, just need to
1. Move the car
2. Open garage door
3. Take picture
4. Upload :LOL:

Mick

:LOL: I look forward to seeing the image then :p

Cheers

Hiya Mick,

Thanks for the comments.

As for the x-ray shot, the way I photographed them was ...... thread some string to the room dividers I have as background drop, then used clothes pegs to attach the x-rays to the string. Using halogen table lamps I then positioned the lighting accordingly, kind of creating a 'light box' effect. I don't think your 50D handbook would have that kind of setting in it :LOL:

Pity the shop was closed, but then guess that could be a good thing too otherwise you might have gobbled them all before getting a shot :D Still I like your hard boiled egg pic.

I've been working on my 'cluttered' image today, so hopefully will get that finished today.

Cheers

Excellent shot of the x-ray (y)

Light boxes are surprisingly easy to make, with a picture frame white perspex and a low wattage light behind it mounted to a board

:)

Excellent shot of the x-ray (y)

Light boxes are surprisingly easy to make, with a picture frame white perspex and a low wattage light behind it mounted to a board

:)

Hiya Emily,

Thanks for the comments about the x-ray and the tips about how to make a lightbox, I'll have to give that a go.

Cheers

Hi,

How quick time flies, and here we are again at a new theme/week.

I can't believe how much I am learning from doing this project and it is great fun. Thanks to everyone for your valued contributions.

When I saw what the theme for week 6 was, I couldn't believe how much it was up my street. Not only do I have to declutter my house, but all the clutter has actually come in handy :LOL: for a change.

So what was supposed to be a declutter day, actually turned out to be creating 'clutter' :D

I never seem to be able to just take one photo of a subject, and land up taking a few of different subjects for the theme. So once again, true to my form, I have something different, I hope....

The subjects I used were:

1. Child's clutter (some of the many toys my son leaves lying around, thinking they will magically put themselves away)

2. Cluttered memories (old b&w photographs of my family - even a couple of me which I don't normally display :LOL:)

3. Card Clutter (some cards from my son's 6th birthday that was on Monday .... and how appropriate ..... the number 6 for this week)

4. Cluttered CDs (seeing as my son is in the habit of not replacing the cds and dvds back to their cases when finished with them, but rather leaves them lying all over the show - kids!)

So here is my Clutter:

5422188575_53bf9cd9ba_b.jpg

With the 4 photos mentioned I then created a collage in Picasa and then framed it in Picnik.

Once again a project I have enjoyed, now I will need to catch up with the house declutter over the next few nights.

Any comments, thoughts, opinions, technical pointers, etc are as I always say greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Dawn,

Wow that is cluttered but hey that was the theme.. I can relate to having childrens toys everywhere as I have 3 kids and they never seem to tidy up after themselves. Ok one is only 2 days old but I'm already cleaning up after her lol.

Onto the shot, I really like it my only crit is tha it looks a bit soft in places like you've used a shallow dof where I think it would look good t be all in focus. This may however be because I'm viewing it on my iPad screen so please forgive me if this is not the case.

Keep up the hard work...

Ben

Sent from my iPad using TP Forums

Hi Dawn,

Wow that is cluttered but hey that was the theme.. I can relate to having childrens toys everywhere as I have 3 kids and they never seem to tidy up after themselves. Ok one is only 2 days old but I'm already cleaning up after her lol.

Onto the shot, I really like it my only crit is tha it looks a bit soft in places like you've used a shallow dof where I think it would look good t be all in focus. This may however be because I'm viewing it on my iPad screen so please forgive me if this is not the case.

Keep up the hard work...

Ben

Sent from my iPad using TP Forums

Hiya Ben,

I only have the one child, but at times it feels like there are dozen of them in the house with all the toys, clothes, emty cups and plates etc that get left around the house :LOL:

You are right that I have used a shallow DOF on some of the images, especially the 'cluttered memories - photos' this was intentional as the photos are that old so I wanted to create a sense of fading distant memories. Also thought that if all were in focus it would be too busy (not sure if that is possible with this already cluttered image), but wanted achieve a sense of depth in places. Perhaps I haven't quite got that right as I intended it to be.

I have made another image, using similar photos, but didn't want to over-complicate the post by adding two 'cluttered' images, but I will post it to my flickr page if folk want to look at it.

Cheers

good grief woman!!! :) you're just too fast !!!! LOL!

Hiya Maria,

I am a tad quick off the mark with this one, but hey at least it is done now and I can focus the rest of the week on what I should have been doing today, i.e., decluttering :D

Cheers

:plus1:

And you posted a good image to boot! You might have done us a minor service and posted an out of focus mess...such as I might ;)

Hiya Tina,

Thanks for your comments. :LOL: you will notice that some of the images do look a tad OOF (well with a shallow DOF) which was all intended.

I'm sure there are going to be some interesting pics for this theme :D

Cheers

Hi Dawn,
Well definitely you are quick with this week's theme. I like the image and as normal you have put a lot of thought and hard work into composing the shot.
keep them coming
Ceri

Hi Dawn,
Well definitely you are quick with this week's theme. I like the image and as normal you have put a lot of thought and hard work into composing the shot.
keep them coming
Ceri

Hiya Ceri,

Thank you for your compliments and comments, much appreciated.

I have loads of catching up to do now with visiting other members posts, so that should also keep me busy over the coming week.

Cheers

Dawn

Another great image for this weeks theme, certainly there is a lot of clutter. Really like the collage and the way you have used both colour and mono. Great use of dof.

Dawn

Another great image for this weeks theme, certainly there is a lot of clutter. Really like the collage and the way you have used both colour and mono. Great use of dof.

Hiya Steve,

Thanks for the comments, oh believe me I could have added a lot more clutter to the image :D.

Glad you noticed the use of colour and mono, I'm quite happy how that has worked out, to sort of tone a busy image.

Cheers

Hi Dawn,
Like those above I agree that you're v quick with this one, but as I have children as well (2 girls at 3 and almost 5) I can also relate to the fact that 'clutter' may be easirer achieved when this is the case :LOL:

I'm liking your style of showing multiple pics at the moment. The ice shot with the lighting you have used is the best one.

That's fantastic Dawn, and so much more than just a photo - it's art! I can't stop looking at it. Top job! (y)

Hi Dawn,
Like those above I agree that you're v quick with this one, but as I have children as well (2 girls at 3 and almost 5) I can also relate to the fact that 'clutter' may be easirer achieved when this is the case :LOL:

I'm liking your style of showing multiple pics at the moment. The ice shot with the lighting you have used is the best one.

Hiya Ciaran,

Thanks for your feedback and the compliment on the style I am using at the mo. I feel quite comfortable doing these multiples to express my creative side. Although I can take single images, as is evident in previous weeks, I like this current style. Obviously it is not a style that would suit all themes, so I am sure there will be weeks where I go back to a single image.

Thanks too for your comment about the ice pic, I like that one too.

Cheers

That's fantastic Dawn, and so much more than just a photo - it's art! I can't stop looking at it. Top job! (y)

Hiya Sanna,

Wow, thanks for your comments and compliments. It suppose it can be quite an addictive art piece as there is so much to look at :D

I had great fun putting this one together, and best of all it all contributes to my learning experience, both from a photography and artistic viewpoint.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn, well done on getting an image up for this week so quickly.(y)

Organised Clutter, I like it :D, and its a great excuse too.
Everything in your photograph really blends in with the theme. I think its great the way it is, I like the fact that you have added a personal touch to th image also.
I have an idea for mine, so hopefully will get that sorted soon. Very well done!

Hiya Dawn, well done on getting an image up for this week so quickly.(y)

Organised Clutter, I like it :D, and its a great excuse too.
Everything in your photograph really blends in with the theme. I think its great the way it is, I like the fact that you have added a personal touch to th image also.
I have an idea for mine, so hopefully will get that sorted soon. Very well done!

Hiya Michael,

Thanks a lot for your comments. Indeed the photo is organised clutter, or as I like to refer to my house and filing system as Organised Chaos :LOL:

I like to add a personal touch to my photos, it makes them unique.

Good luck with your week 6, I look forward to seeing the image.

Cheers

Yee gods woman ,is there no stopping you ?:LOL:

Not only do you have an incredible imagination & you create some stunning works you also manage to get them done before most of us mere mortals (well,me anyway) have even got round to taking the 1st pic for the theme :clap:

Clutter is just wonderful ( sorry,I'm running out of descriptive words to use ) , it seems to have a 3D effect (to me anyway),looks like you could reach in & pull something out from the middle - works really well(y)

I can't wait to see what you create should the theme be "one" :LOL:

Yee gods woman ,is there no stopping you ?:LOL:

Not only do you have an incredible imagination & you create some stunning works you also manage to get them done before most of us mere mortals (well,me anyway) have even got round to taking the 1st pic for the theme :clap:

Clutter is just wonderful ( sorry,I'm running out of descriptive words to use ) , it seems to have a 3D effect (to me anyway),looks like you could reach in & pull something out from the middle - works really well(y)

I can't wait to see what you create should the theme be "one" :LOL:

Hiya Lynne,

Guess there is no stopping me, besides I don't want to stop once I am on a roll :D

Thanks for your kind compliments and comments. Much appreciated and very encouraging.

I like the way you see it as a 3D effect, I guess it does have that to it. It is always good to hear about how people see my images. So thanks for that.

As for a theme of 'ONE' ..... hmmmm that could be a good one :D Have a few ideas already spring to mind.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn,
I really like how you have arranged all this. Nice mixture of b& w in with colour. You certainly were quick off the mark this week. Nicely done Dawn (y)

Martin

Hiya Dawn,
I really like how you have arranged all this. Nice mixture of b& w in with colour. You certainly were quick off the mark this week. Nicely done Dawn (y)

Martin

Hiya Martin,

Thanks for your comments and feedback, much appreciated.

Now that I am up to date with my 52 and 365 I might be able to keep on top of things now. Need to establish a routine, but that isn't always possible with life and work commitments.

Cheers

Nice one dawn almost as cluttery as me :D good shot like the way you have put this together in particular the cd part is excellent well done(y)

Nice one dawn almost as cluttery as me :D good shot like the way you have put this together in particular the cd part is excellent well done(y)

Hiya James,

Thanks for the compliments and comments. I think there may be a few people who can relate to the image as you have, I think we all have some clutter in our home and lives, so you ain't alone there :D

Glad you like the cd part, I was quite chuffed with how that turned out too.

Cheers

Well done for this week,

Looks like the Mash up Mix album cover :LOL:

I Really like the arrangement and the sense of nostalgia associated with it, like unearthing a time capsule, look back in time (y)

Well done for this week,

Looks like the Mash up Mix album cover :LOL:

I Really like the arrangement and the sense of nostalgia associated with it, like unearthing a time capsule, look back in time (y)

Hiya Emily,

Thanks for the comments.

I've not seen the album cover you refer to, but agree this image is quite a mish-mash.

Like your thinking of it from a nostalgic viewpoint, indeed it is like a time capsure. You have just given me an idea .... I think I am going to do a bit of a 'time capsule' photo of all the memorabelia from when Roo was born. Thanks for the idea.

Cheers

Brilliant idea to combine different images of Clutter. If i had started that around my house it would have taken far too long to shoot them all. Then deep thought himself would have taken longer than seven and a half million years to do the calculations for a collage.
Well done Dawn.

Brilliant idea to combine different images of Clutter. If i had started that around my house it would have taken far too long to shoot them all. Then deep thought himself would have taken longer than seven and a half million years to do the calculations for a collage.
Well done Dawn.

Hiya Colin,

Thanks for the compliments. Believe me it would have taken me ages too to go round the house taking pics of all the possibilities of clutter :LOL: so I had to be a bit selective for this one.

Doing the actual collage was the easy part. I selected the photos I wanted to use and then used the collage feature in Picasa, and just moved the images to where I wanted to position them. A lot easier than a collage I did a few years back where I had hundreds of photos that I had to size individually and position in the order I wanted, but the result was brill.

Cheers

Really liking your clutter pic...still trying to come up with ideas for mine.

Hiya Simon,

Thanks, I am sure you will think of something soon.

Cheers

Hi Dawn

Another great image... just not a photograph! I think you def sway to being a great image maker! I love your stuff on one hand... but its not my cup of tea for me if you get me!

However that said I again LOVE your clutter image... although a bit of me thinks it would be better if the title was memories! The colour and MONO works great though gives the image a real sense of covering time!

Great work again...

Mark

Hi Dawn

Another great image... just not a photograph! I think you def sway to being a great image maker! I love your stuff on one hand... but its not my cup of tea for me if you get me!

However that said I again LOVE your clutter image... although a bit of me thinks it would be better if the title was memories! The colour and MONO works great though gives the image a real sense of covering time!

Great work again...

Mark

Hiya Mark,

There is just no pleasing some people :LOL::LOL::LOL: (joke), thanks for your comments and feedback, I always look forward to hear what you have to say about my images and 'photos' after all my images are composed of photographs I have taken :D Thanks for your compliment about me being a great image maker, an avenue I am currently considering as a future career and business.

I 100% know what you mean .... not everyone's cup of tea, but then maybe one day I will surprise you with something that really is your cuppa. Gives me something to aspire to.

Agree with what you say about the clutter images being titled 'memories', exactly what I was thinking when I put the image together and included the memories of the photos, birthday cards and music, plus the toys will be distant memories when my son grows up (coming to think of it, he sometimes forgets he has certain toys because he has so many ... so the joy when he rediscovers them is funny).

Glad you mentioned the mono & colour too, as that was another feeling I wanted to introduce in the image, i.e., time.

Once again thanks for your very valued feedback, much appreciated.

Cheers

Back