Marts 52 for 2011 Week 20-Promise - Another Added

Hi Martin, what a great idea and very nicely executed. Personally I like the original version overall. The angled shot works well and adds to the feeling of chaos and confusion.

I am re-posting this , the original submission, as I fear it is getting lost among the alternative versions that users have kindly suggested I try.

Martin

Hiya Martin,

Sorry it's taken me a while to answer your previous question about the added colour version, but agree now that I have seen the other that this one, your original works best.

I think the blue in the other draws too much attention. But one doesn't know how it will look until they have something to compare it to.

So well done on this I think you have done well.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Martin,

Sorry it's taken me a while to answer your previous question about the added colour version, but agree now that I have seen the other that this one, your original works best.

I think the blue in the other draws too much attention. But one doesn't know how it will look until they have something to compare it to.

So well done on this I think you have done well.

Cheers

Hi Dawn,

I appreciate how it has taken time to get back to looking at this. I have seen the amount of 52.s you visit. Thanks your nice comments. Naturally this was my favourite version but it is always good to receive opinion on alternatives to confirm if what works for me works for others. Thanks

Martin :)

I found this weeks theme a toughie. So much so, earlier today I was trying out macro shots of a Finish dishwasher tablet and marvelling at its' powerball. Anyway, decided on this instead.

Finished reading for the night, Finished the book.

Last edited:
Hiya Martin,

Yep, I like your photo for this week and think it fits the theme. As Tina said like how you have focused through the lens on the last words. Also like the soft colours, it looks very relaxing.

Well done

Cheers

Hiya Martin,

Yep, I like your photo for this week and think it fits the theme. As Tina said like how you have focused through the lens on the last words. Also like the soft colours, it looks very relaxing.

Well done

Cheers

Thanks very much Dawn for your nice comments :)

Martin

Hiya Martin!

I had many ideas related to a book but I wanted mine to have FIN or FINISH written at the end. Unfortunately none of the books I own have it so I had to abandon the idea. I agree that the focus trough the glasses is very good. I would prefer if the top of the photo was a bit brighter just to be closer to the bottom. Dawn is also right that the photo has a relaxing feel to it.

Good job!

Rayna

SilentGoddess said:
Hiya Martin!

I had many ideas related to a book but I wanted mine to have FIN or FINISH written at the end. Unfortunately none of the books I own have it so I had to abandon the idea. I agree that the focus trough the glasses is very good. I would prefer if the top of the photo was a bit brighter just to be closer to the bottom. Dawn is also right that the photo has a relaxing feel to it.

Good job!

Rayna

Thanks Rayna for stopping by to comment. I was in a quandary with the lighting cos I wanted the impression of going to bed. But I see what you mean it does look a little out of balance. I too was looking for a book with The End in it, but when I saw the final line in this book I thought how appropriate, going to sleep. Thanks for your comments.

Martin

Totally uninspired submission for this week I am afraid. Late too. Its been a chaotic week but with a nice culmination- with this Trio of goodies I managed to get today. My entry into the world of DSLR. This kit should stand me in good stead for the new theme of re-shoot and reading its manual should cover knowledge.

Is this what is called 'High Key'? I feel it's over exposed but there, I'm ignorant :confused: The look has removed all detail of the subtle shapes within the objects and rendered them as two dimensional.

I think a lower point of view might have worked better on the composition.

But You are still here and contributing and we can't all like everything else life would be SO dull ;)

Hiya Martin,

I take it this is your latest acquisition, very nice indeed.

I like the photo, but as Tina has pointed out it does look a tad overexposed mainly at the top. Also agree that a slightly lower angle might improve the image.

Otherwise it fits the theme well, and I wish you many happy togging days with the new kit and seeing some of the photos you shoot.

Cheers

drodd said:
Hiya Martin,

I take it this is your latest acquisition, very nice indeed.

I like the photo, but as Tina has pointed out it does look a tad overexposed mainly at the top. Also agree that a slightly lower angle might improve the image.

Otherwise it fits the theme well, and I wish you many happy togging days with the new kit and seeing some of the photos you shoot.

Cheers

Hi Dawn

It seems I overexposed it in processing. I must admit it was a bit of a rush job. I won't get any pics up from my new camera till at least Saturday as my laptop charger has gone tits up and new one arrives Saturday. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Martin

TinaC said:
Is this what is called 'High Key'? I feel it's over exposed but there, I'm ignorant :confused: The look has removed all detail of the subtle shapes within the objects and rendered them as two dimensional.

I think a lower point of view might have worked better on the composition.

But You are still here and contributing and we can't all like everything else life would be SO dull ;)

Hi Tina, I agree "high key" is not to everyones taste. I can also see now how this is well over exposed. Sometimes it takes someone else to spot the obvious flaws. Thanks for your useful comments.

Martin:)

Ooooh ,Lucky you Martin with new camera stuff to play with (y)

I quite like the effect you have applied but maybe more of the surface visble behind your trio might look better , but have no idea if thats possible to do?

Happy new camera to you :clap:

Hi Martin!

Congrats on your new equipment! The issue with the exposure was already mentioned so I won't do it again! Another issue for me is the position of the Tamron lenses. I feel it will look better if its at the background, i.e. change the position of the two lenses.

Rayna

blondie606 said:
Ooooh ,Lucky you Martin with new camera stuff to play with (y)

I quite like the effect you have applied but maybe more of the surface visble behind your trio might look better , but have no idea if thats possible to do?

Happy new camera to you :clap:

Thanks for commenting Lynne, Following comments I've had I will play around with it a bit. It might even be my re-shoot lol. Without a computer till Saturday so will have a go then. I haven't even had chance to play with new camera yet as been busy. What a bummer. No rush I suppose.

Martin :)

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Hi, Martin, I really like your finished, nice and sharp and the 'But now I must sleep.' really adds to it.

I'd prefer it without the top left table cloth (?).

Trio, yeeyyyy, welcome to DSLR world.

Cheers.

posiview said:
Hi, Martin, I really like your finished, nice and sharp and the 'But now I must sleep.' really adds to it.

I'd prefer it without the top left table cloth (?).

Trio, yeeyyyy, welcome to DSLR world.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, the "table cloth" is actually a duvet, to signify reading in bed. Maybe it wasn't obvious enough what it was. If that was nice and sharp I can't wait to see the results from my new kit. Have a good Scarborough trip

Martin

SilentGoddess said:
Hi Martin!

Congrats on your new equipment! The issue with the exposure was already mentioned so I won't do it again! Another issue for me is the position of the Tamron lenses. I feel it will look better if its at the background, i.e. change the position of the two lenses.

Rayna

Thanks for your valued comment Rayna. I am gonna have a play around with it. Pity I cannot use my new kit to take it.

Martin

Reshoot, open to interpretation I suppose. Rather than reshoot an original image I thought about my original take on the theme for Accommodation and how it was a bit flimsy( in addition to being a poorly focused shot).
I was out early this morning for the first time with my new camera, and today has been the first day I have had my computer back up and running in a while. I couldn't narrow down any further these three new takes on Accommodation that I found whilst walking alongside the Leeds -Liverpool Canal at Rodley. Certainly good for exercise this photography lark.

Mews or Moos

Canal Boat

This renovation will need more than Sarah Beeny

I have no submission for Knowledge as been playing catch up. Back on track now so giving Moderation some thought.

Hiya Martin,

I like all three photos for your re-shoot of accommodation.

Glad to hear you managed to get out and about with your new camera, enjoy!

Also good news that you are up and running with your computer again.

Cheers

Hiya Martin,

I like all three photos for your re-shoot of accommodation.

Glad to hear you managed to get out and about with your new camera, enjoy!

Also good news that you are up and running with your computer again.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn,
I feel back on an even keel now (excuse the boating pun):geek: as I have been lagging these last couple of weeks. My mojo and equipment are back on par so bring on the rest of the 52 challenge. :)

Martin:)

Only two images for me to see (#1 become a lil red cross ;))

The sky was ghastly today around here and I look at your #2 and think I'm not the only one to suffer! I like this image bar the sky, what about cropping off?

#2 is in a sorry state isn't she? You avoided the sky there (y) Good light control :D

Only two images for me to see (#1 become a lil red cross ;))

The sky was ghastly today around here and I look at your #2 and think I'm not the only one to suffer! I like this image bar the sky, what about cropping off?

#2 is in a sorry state isn't she? You avoided the sky there (y) Good light control :D

Thanks as always Tina for your useful input. :)
I was discussing that sinking boat at work today and apparently it is well known. A hermit lived on it in its present condition but had to be evicted for his own safety. You would think the canal authorities would have taken the wreck away though !

Martin

Not that I ever would moderate the volume of my ipod for real

Exif data
Camera Canon EOS 500D
Exposure 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 31 mm
ISO Speed 100

Now that I have got my computer back up and running I am slowly getting round to each of your 52s to comment. I will get round all of them. :eek:

Hiya Martin,

Great take on the theme for week 12.

That is about the level of volume I could tolerate :LOL: (I don't like my music too loud)

Cheers

drodd said:
Hiya Martin,

Great take on the theme for week 12.

That is about the level of volume I could tolerate :LOL: (I don't like my music too loud)

Cheers

Thanks Dawn,
I am the opposite, I like mine loud.

michael23 said:
Hiya Martin, very good idea for moderation, (y)

Thanks for your nice comment Michael. I had volume in mind but it is so difficult these days to find something with a traditional volume button, with numbers for example. This was nearest I could get to my visualisation.

Martin

sorry be doing a bit of catch up
Week 9 - Finish nice idea it made me smile
like the re shoot (those cow's live in better houses then some people)
also no body should ever moderate the volume of any music some great takes on the themes (y)

Back