Marts 52 for 2011 Week 20-Promise - Another Added

Great idea for moderation Martin. Very sharp shot for 1/50th and camera held in only one hand presumably.

sorry be doing a bit of catch up
Week 9 - Finish nice idea it made me smile
like the re shoot (those cow's live in better houses then some people)
also no body should ever moderate the volume of any music some great takes on the themes (y)

Thanks Paul. I know how you feel about getting round to catching up with other 52ers

Nice idea for moderation Martin. I keep my volumes low, but use headphones with good seal to block outside noise. My hearing is already shattered from years of guitar playing I need to keep what's left :crying:

Congrats on your purchase of 500D. I actually quite like the blown white background. It works well with the scratchy brown colour of the wood and the camera body, except the hotshoe bit is nicely exposed. However I dislike the softness and the noisiness but that's the limitation of the compact camera.

I look forward to seeing more.

Nice idea for moderation Martin. I keep my volumes low, but use headphones with good seal to block outside noise. My hearing is already shattered from years of guitar playing I need to keep what's left :crying:

Congrats on your purchase of 500D. I actually quite like the blown white background. It works well with the scratchy brown colour of the wood and the camera body, except the hotshoe bit is nicely exposed. However I dislike the softness and the noisiness but that's the limitation of the compact camera.

I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Kaz.
Are you gonna get out on the next Leeds meet

Hiya Martin,

Hmmm, tough call .... both are good but I think #2 stands out the best for me, composition wise although I think the focus on the shell is a bit better on #1.

A great take on the theme though, definitely looks like there is nobody home there :D

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Martin,

Hmmm, tough call .... both are good but I think #2 stands out the best for me, composition wise although I think the focus on the shell is a bit better on #1.

A great take on the theme though, definitely looks like there is nobody home there :D

Cheers

Hi Dawn,
Swift reply - (nothing better to do on a saturday night - err sunday morning - join the club lol). I was torn like you. The more I look at them I think No1 is the one.I think it is the marbled stone effect competing with the snail patterning that might win it over.

Twas a last minute idea though. Been emptying baths and allsorts then remembered there was a Snail I spotted when cutting the grass the other day - and how it hadn't moved since. I wonder what it looks like streaking around somewhere

Martin

Hi Dawn,
Swift reply - (nothing better to do on a saturday night - err sunday morning - join the club lol). I was torn like you. The more I look at them I think No1 is the one.I think it is the marbled stone effect competing with the snail patterning that might win it over.

Twas a last minute idea though. Been emptying baths and allsorts then remembered there was a Snail I spotted when cutting the grass the other day - and how it hadn't moved since. I wonder what it looks like streaking around somewhere

Martin

Hi Martin,

Errr, I think I have overdosed on sleep the last 3 days with not being well. Now that I feel much better I can't get to sleep, hence why I am now still awake at this hour.

So I thought it best to get cracking on with updating my 365 whilst waiting for the new theme, which I guess will be later on now.

Hmmm, I think it will be interesting to see what others think, but I'm still going with #2.

I'd hate to think what it might look like streaking around somewhere, probably looks like a washout slug :LOL:

Cheers

Hiya Martin,

I think I have found your missing snail ..... I've PM'd you a photo for identification purposes :LOL:

Cheers

Bang on theme (y)

#1 an attractive depth of field and focus is good. I'd be inclined to crop off the dark background. It is ashame you have cropped so tight to the shell.

#2 is too tight a crop and focus not good plus areas of the background look blown to me.

I like the stone background as it is rugged but not greedy for attention.

Hi, Martin, #1 for me. I like the detail you have in the shell and rock. The green is a nice touch.

I did a quick crop and it does look better without the dark top section but cropping this out results in a letterbox style.

Cheers.

Bang on theme (y)

#1 an attractive depth of field and focus is good. I'd be inclined to crop off the dark background. It is ashame you have cropped so tight to the shell.

#2 is too tight a crop and focus not good plus areas of the background look blown to me.

I like the stone background as it is rugged but not greedy for attention.

Thanks Tina for your valued opinion. I wasnt sure about the tightness of the cropping till now but you have affirmed my doubts :)

Hi, Martin, #1 for me. I like the detail you have in the shell and rock. The green is a nice touch.

I did a quick crop and it does look better without the dark top section but cropping this out results in a letterbox style.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I will give it a whirl.

mmmm, I like it :)

Hi Martin

great idea for Empty , love the colors on the rock & the detail you caught in the shell in the 1st shot & prefer the crop version

Great work (y)

I popped on here to find a hinted at infamous 'open' picture...

Overall you've done really well with the themes and deserve congratulations :)

Keep it up

Hi Ecniv, thanks for your very kind comment. I had no idea my "open" picture was infamous. That has made my day, thanks :)

For some reason early on in the week I had a Camera in mind for the theme of object. I think sub-conciously I linked it with the word obscura as in Camera Obscura. That prompted me to visit the National Media Musuem today where all the old cameras are displayed. I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon but the displays whilst enjoyable to the eye are not very photogenic. All the cameras are behind glass and their layout would cause some awkward cropping to stop overlap of exhibits and their labels. Anyway, I got this. Took a bit of pp as the original background was partitioned into a white base and a grey creased cloth background. I am not entirely happy with it - but at the 11th hour needs must. Roll on the next theme, which I haven't looked for yet.
BTW - The museum is well worth a visit.

Last edited:
Hiya Martin,

Sounds like you had a great day out.

Actually I :love: this photo!I think the colouring does it justice too .... adds an age feel to it.

Does seem to appear slanting a tad to the left, but other than that a fab image.

It reminds me that I must take a photo of the old Polaroid camera I salvaged from the recycle centre last year, in its leather case and also pop-up type. Still in working order too .... will have to get some fresh films and post some shots some time throughout my 52.

Cheers

Nice clear image martin, thought you had changed your camera again :)

Sent from my ZTE-U V880 using TP Forums

Hiya Martin,

Sounds like you had a great day out.

Actually I :love: this photo!I think the colouring does it justice too .... adds an age feel to it.

Does seem to appear slanting a tad to the left, but other than that a fab image.

It reminds me that I must take a photo of the old Polaroid camera I salvaged from the recycle centre last year, in its leather case and also pop-up type. Still in working order too .... will have to get some fresh films and post some shots some time throughout my 52.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn. I had some much to clone out and crop I was a bit limited with the final positioning. Still, glad you like it.
Sounds like a good find , that old polaroid. I saw some great retro cameras at the museum. It would be quite novel to the thread if you posted some polaroids - go for it :)

Hi, Martin, gotta love that camera, real nostalgia.

Photograph's not bad either...:D

I might take a trip to Bradford on Friday.

Armley Mills has a decent photography section, plus the rest!

Cheers Andy for the nice comment. I can highly recommend a visit. (If you do go, park at Foster Square retail park for free and it is only a 10 minute walk)
You can see live radio broadcasts, play on retro games consoles, use the blue screen to do the weather and stuff. Oh, and there are hundreds of old cameras too.
I never knew that about Armley Mills. It is right behind where I work too. Two minutes walk in fact. Must check it out.

Nice clear image martin, thought you had changed your camera again :)

Sent from my ZTE-U V880 using TP Forums

Thanks Colin. No not changed it yet. It was funny though in the museum saying to the kids "i had one of those disc cameras, I had one of those cameras with a cube for a flash" and so on.

Thanks Dawn. I had some much to clone out and crop I was a bit limited with the final positioning. Still, glad you like it.
Sounds like a good find , that old polaroid. I saw some great retro cameras at the museum. It would be quite novel to the thread if you posted some polaroids - go for it :)

:D watch this space for the Polaroid shots (you have to stay with the game to see them ;))

Hey I may even take some pics with the old Konica Autoreflex camera (circa 1973) for this project :D

Cheers

;) and an absolute beaut too, with leather casing, strap and all :banana:

Would be good to see some posted pics from it but probably wouldn't be practical on the 52 with the timescale available and the time consuming turnaround of film to pic. You could always post something on another thread if that is the case :):):)

:D watch this space for the Polaroid shots (you have to stay with the game to see them ;))

Hey I may even take some pics with the old Konica Autoreflex camera (circa 1973) for this project :D

Cheers

:crying: How many Polaroid photographs have I/my family thrown away over the years??

Would be good to see some posted pics from it but probably wouldn't be practical on the 52 with the timescale available and the time consuming turnaround of film to pic. You could always post something on another thread if that is the case :):):)

:thinking: you might be right on that timescale, but if I get my home dark room set up before the end of the 52 I might just be able to meet that one :D Maybe I'll set that challenge to be my last for this project (I've got all the equipment to do so .... just the logistics that is the problem ;))

:crying: How many Polaroid photographs have I/my family thrown away over the years??

Ouch, we never threw anything away ..... maybe why we have so much clutter. Nothing better than having a family night and going through the old photos, having a giggle and actually touching a photo (y) (specially a Polaroid that is now well faded after 30 years or so :D)

Maybe photography is in my blood ....and I just never knew it. My dad was an avid camera-man and had all the latest equipment. He recently passed onto me some lenses. in their leather casings which obviously don't fit my DSLR but still are unique in their own.

Photography had a birth ..... and is constantly evolving ..... that is what makes it such a dynamic hobby.

Cheers

Back