weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

urgh!!>.. dawn... ok.. what i like about your images are the great way you combine multiple shots together... they do gel, like a brilliant jigsaw.. building the bigger picture... you defo got a flair for it.. (y) ;)

urgh!!>.. dawn... ok.. what i like about your images are the great way you combine multiple shots together... they do gel, like a brilliant jigsaw.. building the bigger picture... you defo got a flair for it.. (y) ;)

Just so people know, there was no money exchange for this comment :LOL:

Thanks Kev for your kind words, much appreciated. Now I am ready for next weeks theme :D

Cheers

Dawn :)

Wow, it's hard to comment on something that I suspect took quite a while to do...but, overall it's a great attempt.

The focus on the main daf looks a bit out to me. Pity the rocks under 1 and 3 snail isn't the same as under 2 and 4 and I think the background of the dafs overpowers the photograph a bit.

I like the funky font you're used and the text is well place. How about white lettering?

I leave these comments as I didn't just want to go, 'nice shot'.

Anyway, it's nearly Saturday.....:eek::eek:

Wow, it's hard to comment on something that I suspect took quite a while to do...but, overall it's a great attempt.

The focus on the main daf looks a bit out to me. Pity the rocks under 1 and 3 snail isn't the same as under 2 and 4 and I think the background of the dafs overpowers the photograph a bit.

I like the funky font you're used and the text is well place. How about white lettering?

I leave these comments as I didn't just want to go, 'nice shot'.

Anyway, it's nearly Saturday.....:eek::eek:

Hiya Andy,

Thanks for popping past to comment. Actually this didn't really take me that long to do, once I had the idea it was a matter of taking the photos and putting it together, had it done and dusted in about 3 hours.

I wasn't sure if the focus was a bit out on the main daff photo, it was a bit breezy when I took the shot so quite possible. Well spotted about the rocks, they are two different rocks.

The background is perhaps a bit overpowering (that's because the garden is in some serious need of attention .... not done any gardening since before winter) :LOL:

Yeh, I like the font too and thought it worked quite well. I tried it in white, but it didn't seem to stand out as well and got lost in the background. I also tried other colours but couldn't find one that I thought suited the overall image, so stuck to black.

Your comments are all much appreciated, so thanks (y)

Indeed it is nearly time for the next theme, and I am looking forward to it. The week after that though I might be a bit late as I will be away,plus I might have to get someone to text me the theme as I won't have internet connection where I am going to (and not knowing the theme will drive me :wacky: :LOL:).

Cheers

Last edited:
Indeed it is nearly time for the next theme, and I am looking forward to it. The week after that though I might be a bit late as I will be away,plus I might have to get someone to text me the theme as I won't have internet connection where I am going to (and not knowing the theme will drive me :wacky: :LOL:).

:naughty::naughty::naughty: i'll pen this in the diary.... :LOL:

OK!!.. maybe i will have a peek.. not about frames is it..?? :naughty:

Thanks, it is quite a few frames (but not in the sense you are referring to :LOL:)

Cheers

I apologize if I haven't posted in this thread before, I get distracted easily and always forget to reply in threads I look at :LOL:

I like your shots for empty, it's odd seeing London like that.

I like it, but I'm intrigued by the idea of Sylvester the Snug as well :LOL:

Hi Dawn, Firstly my apologies, I have been a bit slack at getting round to visit other 52ers. What a fab creative idea for Object - but really I cannot take any credit for the idea, but thanks anyway. You have put this together really well and it has a good balance to the composition. Great shots in all the elements of the montage. I really like it.:clap::);)

Martin

I apologize if I haven't posted in this thread before, I get distracted easily and always forget to reply in threads I look at :LOL:

I like your shots for empty, it's odd seeing London like that.

I like it, but I'm intrigued by the idea of Sylvester the Snug as well :LOL:

Hiya Will,

Thanks for popping past and leaving kind comments, much appreciated. No need to apologise, I understand about how easy it is to get distracted :)

Hi Dawn, Firstly my apologies, I have been a bit slack at getting round to visit other 52ers. What a fab creative idea for Object - but really I cannot take any credit for the idea, but thanks anyway. You have put this together really well and it has a good balance to the composition. Great shots in all the elements of the montage. I really like it.:clap::);)

Martin

Hiya Martin,

I noticed you had missed my last post but am glad you have popped past now ;) Thanks for your kind words and comments on the photos, I'm glad you like it, after all if it wasn't for your snail shells and the discussion that ensued I may not have come up with the idea.

Cheers

Great 'object' shots Dawn - composition and the colours are spot on. I particularly like the purple background - compliments the yellow of the daffs beautifully.

Great 'object' shots Dawn - composition and the colours are spot on. I particularly like the purple background - compliments the yellow of the daffs beautifully.

Hiya Joan,

Thanks for the comments/feedback, much appreciated.

Now I am in debate with myself as to whether I should post what I have for the theme 'Wrong' ..... hmmmmm still :thinking:

At this rate I may land up canning the idea and going with a wild card instead.

Cheers

Hiya Joan,

Thanks for the comments/feedback, much appreciated.

Now I am in debate with myself as to whether I should post what I have for the theme 'Wrong' ..... hmmmmm still :thinking:

At this rate I may land up canning the idea and going with a wild card instead.

Cheers

I keep looking, will you stop teasing me...post it...

I haven't a clue what I'll be doing :bonk: trying to think :bang:

Dawn...can i say that the preview link you sent me... was awesome for all the WRONG reasons...so fitting ith the theme...

but i would take the risk if i was you... for they are nature shots..??

oh..and Tina seems a little ...tense.. ;)

Waiting with bated breath....c'mon Dawn ...post up:p

( tis like last saturday night all over again....):D

you know...lynne... yeah it is... its hot waiting for dawn to post... i feel rather... feverish..? like saturday... night feverish... :D

OMG....you need help man :D....or maybe some more of that magic stuff you won't share.................to help us all with....staying alive .....:LOL:

oo ooo oo oo .... :razz:

Dawn..if you're around... maybe a preview without the you kno whats..so i can see the you know which... and i can then give you my devilish opinion...

Hiya guys and gals,

Wow you are having fun tonight ..... must have something to do with Kev's magic potion and a bit of the JT fever for the ladies, not to mention the fantastic vibes :D

Watch this space .... I am and have been deliberating whether to post what I had produced (especially after seeing Lynne's very poignant post). We must have been working on our themes at the same time but with different takes, so I don't want to offend anyone or diminish the reality of what Lynne posted ... which has really had an impact since seeing it.

But then again, that is what this project is all about .... expression through photography and there are going to be times where we have to see the good and, sadly, the bad. Lynne .... your latest post has really hit a chord with many and it breaks my heart to see such cruelty to animals.

So when I post I hope that my submission for the theme is not compared or taken in the wrong light .... it was just a case of two photographers interpreting the theme differently.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hiya,

Well after my preamble to this post, I hope I am not doing the 'wrong' thing.....

For me this has been the toughest week, both from an idea perspective and then ..... after seeing some of the posts ..... especially Lynne's I wasn't sure about posting this.

But it was my initial idea, ... and after taking so many photos on Sunday at the Wild Boar Park with the theme in mind, I had to stick to the idea (not that I anticipated any of these situations would appear .... so much pot luck in some respects).

I hope I don't offend anyone with the photos posted, and have tried to maintain the dignity of the animals by using appropriate naturist signatures.

My original idea followed on as a sort of sequel to Sylvester .... not exactly a storyboard, but more a mix of different images, with a humorous take to them (well at least I hope they are seen that way).

Animals and birds in their natural environments are such a joy to watch and photograph, especially when they feel comfortable with their surroundings .... which was very evident at the Wild Boar Park. One can see that they are well taken care of .... and it is great that we as humans can appreciate such 'wild life'.

For me, it was a privilege to see a baby wallaby (especially an albino one) in its mothers pouch .... there was also another wallaby with its mum.

The day turned out to be quite an educational experience, both for me and my young son (who is 6 years old with a very inquiring mind ....which lead to many 'mummy why ....' questions :LOL: especially the Meerkat shots).

So you are all probably wondering why this is so wrong .......

Well for me, it was a bit embarrassing at times, especially when my child was asking questions at the most inappropriate poses, the fact that I was actually taking photos of such felt wrong (but in an strange way right .... as it captured nature in a true sense .... and it is only us humans who think it is wrong to expose oneself). And then the Joey/Mum pic just hammered home a point about society today regards taking photos of kids .... which is another controversial debate.

So all in all .... like I have titled this ....

When four wrongs .... make a right:

When four wrongs make a right by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr

Then on the way back to the car I got the following photo of the signboard and thought I would have a bit of fun playing with same to come up with:

Wrong T(r)ail:

5619852536_74c8cb209b_b.jpg
[/url] Wrong Trail by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

I hope you have enjoyed my interpretation of the theme, and I apologies if I have offended anyone (that was not my intention).

As of 14:15 this coming afternoon (seeing as we are now into Friday), I am on leave for 2 weeks and hoping to have some fun togging and a well deserved break.

Cheers

Nothing wrong with those shots Dawn :D Four nice and sharp images. Pigs side looks a bit bright to my eye. And as to you losing your mojo, is that it behind the leaf? :LOL:

Great take on the theme, well done.

Nothing wrong with those shots Dawn :D Four nice and sharp images. Pigs side looks a bit bright to my eye. And as to you losing your mojo, is that it behind the leaf? :LOL:

Hiya Colin,

Thanks, your comments are a real pick-me-up (y) Much appreciated as I was on a bit of a downer this week with everything going on at work, too much pressure and not enough time to finish everything before I go on leave (that is leave .... not leaf :LOL:)

I agree about the pigs side being a bit bright ..... was a very harsh sun on Sunday .... so trying to get the lighting right was very tricky. It was so hot I could almost smell bacon in the air :naughty:

Talking of which ..... looks to me like the Meerkats had that in mind :naughty: :LOL:

Still haven't got my 'mojo' back yet ..... regards taking photos, and have been feeling very uninspired this week ..... but hopefully that should change this weekend. I have to do a photo shoot for a birthday party (part of the reason I will be away ..... not as guest ... but as tog for the event), so should be good .... best of all it will be a paid for 4 nights courtesy of this and the previous event I took photos at (haven't posted any pics of same yet .... but will do later in the year when people have bought their pics :D)

Cheers

Hi Dawn

I flaked out last night before you posted :bonk:

Thats a great series of shots , lovely to see animals in the open enjoying the sun & doing what they do best....giving yuong kids plenty of ammo to ask parents awkwar questions :LOL:
Meerkats are wonderful creatures ,inquisitive & playful & you've captured that so well & I just love the Wallaby shot (y)

I know your un-inspired feeling sooo well , work gets in the way & takes over leaving little time for the creative juices to flow, you've produced a great set with a real FeEl Good factor...ace work :clap:
Love what you did with the sign as well :)
Enjoy your break :wave:

ps...enjoy your assisgment as the Official Tog,
Cheers,Lynne

Last edited:

:agree:

Good to see meerkats in...another pose :razz:

I was expecting something really...differently wrong ;) But I couldn't state how :D

Last edited:
I flaked out last night before you posted :bonk:

I know your un-inspired feeling sooo well , work gets in the way & takes over leaving little time for the creative juices to flow, you've produced a great set with a real FeEl Good factor...ace work :clap:
Love what you did with the sign as well :)
Enjoy your break :wave:

ps...enjoy your assisgment as the Official Tog,
Cheers,Lynne

Hiya Lynne

Thanks for your kind words and comments. Sorry I took so long posting last night, but finally got there.

I'm on jollies now, sitting here in my campervan all nice and toasty. Decided to get my mobile phone set up to use as a modem for the netbook when I am away as I hope to do quite a bit of travelling this summer and don't want to miss all the action on TP :LOL: (howz that for dedication :wacky:)

Anyway my son is sleeping silently so I thought I would log onto TP and try to do some catching up.

I will have a great time thanks ..... it is lovely up here in Appleby and I am looking forward to tomorrow and doing some togging

I was expecting something really...differently wrong ;) But I couldn't state how :D

Hiya Tina

Thanks and sorry it wasn't up to what you were expecting (whatever that was :thinking: :naughty:)

Enjoy your 2 weeks leave/rest; I can't see you resting much though.

Hiya Andy
:LOL: about the piggy, and thanks I will have a great rest ..... although had a slight delay leaving the house today as my fridge at home seems to have a problem .... but heyho it will have to wait till next week now because I am on chill-out time now :D

Cheers

Hiya Dawn, your 1st image made me laugh. A great set of images there! :LOL: I also like your sign posts as well, I did try this on one of my pics of a sign post, but it didnt look right, I couldn't figure out how to add the writing like you have done. Can I ask how you did that?

Hiya Michael,

Thanks for the comments and glad you had a laugh at the first (y)

With the signpost, in Picnic, I did cloned out the words on the sign and then use the text feature to add the word (I tried to choose a font and size as close as possible to the other words and then had to rotate it a bit to make it fit the space .... also decided on the red to make it stand out). Hope that helps.

Cheers

Back