Marts 52 for 2011 Week 20-Promise - Another Added

You seem to be a collector of retro cameras, did you have one of these :LOL:

OMG, fortunately I wasn't a Spice fan .....

I prefer items that have authentic historic character

D :D

Morning Martin

Beautiful old camera & great processing , the sepia suts it perfectly :clap:

Busy week, both work wise and domestically this week so my 52 ing was left till today.

There were plenty of flies around today - which to me are Wrong - they are a nuisance and transport themselves from faeces to food - Wrong in my book.

However, once I saw this one close-up i was in admiration of it's structure and colours- so maybe I was wrong

nes of doing

So, back to the drawing board, I went along the lines of doing Wrong

Last edited:
The new theme is an interesting one Paradox - I misheard it at first and came up with Pair-a-ducks

Ok,will take it seriously now - quite a challenging subject - Paradox. Must get thinking on it.

Hiya Martin,

Well done on all the recent photos. Your pics for the Wrong week are fab and love the detail you have caught in the fly. As for borrowing money from your child's piggy bank that is a :nono: :bat: :LOL: But a great photo and idea (y)

Have to love your take on Paradox, never thought of it that way .... but makes sense :p Now I look forward to what you really do come up with for this week.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi, Martin, well your wrong is well thought out and your kids must be rich to have £10 in their piggy bank...I know where to come for a sub, if I need one...:D

Pair-O-Duck......:nuts::nuts:

Hiya Martin,

Well done on all the recent photos. Your pics for the Wrong week are fab and love the detail you have caught in the fly. As for borrowing money from your child's piggy bank that is a :nono: :bat: :LOL: But a great photo and idea (y)

Have to love your take on Paradox, never thought of it that way .... but makes sense :p Now I look forward to what you really do come up with for this week.

Cheers

Thanks for dropping in Dawn. I can assure you I have put the tenner back - honest.

Have a good holiday :)

The Pink Elephant Paradox

It,s not pink I hear you say. That is my ironic take on this particular Paradox

The pink elephant paradox refers to the threat to inductive thinking caused by the difficulty of inadvertently proving the existence of a concept or phenomena just because it overtly or insidiously exists in one’s thoughts, leading to mis-attribution, or mis-categorization of data, and thus subverting inductive processes.

The Pink Elephant Paradox

The pink elephant paradox refers to the threat to inductive thinking caused by the difficulty of inadvertently proving the existence of a concept or phenomena just because it overtly or insidiously exists in one’s thoughts, leading to mis-attribution, or mis-categorization of data, and thus subverting inductive processes.

Martin, what in ttthhhheee hell does that mean....??

Really gave me a headache...:D

You certainly filled the frame...where is it?

:agree: I saw the picture as soon as you posted but it hurt my head reading the words. But nice sharp picture(y)

Martin, what in ttthhhheee hell does that mean....??

Really gave me a headache...:D

You certainly filled the frame...where is it?

It is all about ,( I think), the beliefs we have to be true but cannot prove, and then it goes a **** load deeper .

The Elephant is outside the Aagrahs flagship restaurant and banqueting suite at Thornbury.
Its an impressive building with lots of coloured glass, but a shot of that can wait for another day

your pair a ducks is class and i think should be the best of that theme hands down (y) not too keen on the fly although really well shot

About pink elephants, they exist. I've personally seen them. I was a child and not indulging in drugs or alcohol ;) they bathe in a pink dust that leaves them ;looking pink ;)

But a nice crisp image if a little cramped (y)

Hey, lucky you seeing Pink Elephants:wacky:

Thanks for comment Tina :)

Hiya Martin,

Great take on the theme, and a fab photo too. Considering the background I can understand why you had to do a tight crop on this one ... however I think it would have been better to just extend the lower part of the frame a bit to include foot and trunk.

This paradox actually makes sense to me .... and would explain a lot :LOL:

Like Tina, I too have seen Pink elephants ... and still do :eek: :help:

:LOL:

Cheers

Martin, hope you don't mind .... this is not an edit .... but rather for Tina's enjoyment :D

5659870188_159aac4d78_m.jpg

[/url] Mart's pink elephant by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Great, sharp image, nice angle too. Like everyone, I have a headache working out the paradox lol. Very well done.

Hi, Martin, first thing I noticed (on my laptop) was the whites seem to be blown and no real detail???

You've filled the frame, good depth and nice amount of detail.

Nice tropical subject.

Cheers.

couldn't have interpreted the paradox better myself... (y)

btw..good composure on the coc...on the coco...great handling of your nuts there mate... but yeah..the white is blown on mine... love the frame though.. (y)

I totally agree about the whites being blown. I have tried playing with it but it was to the detriment of the rest of the picture. Am gonna have another tinker seeing as we have a long weekend. Thanks guys for your comments.

Hi Martin

I would have commented sooner on your Paradox....but I needed time to figure out what all the words meant.....given up now as my head hurts:LOL: Great shot of a very unusual subject (y)

Tropical.....oooh I love coconuts...given me the urge to go buy a Bounty bar ...ya horra :love: Great shot & def fits the theme , (no comment on the whites as already been mentioned )but great idea (y)

Much better. What did you do?
Thanks Andy

Yesterday in photoshop I was trying to adjust exposure and contrast on the whole pic but never thought to just select the blown areas. Anyway went to have another go today but my photoshop cs is f****d (i run it through wine on linux and it seems to have developed some sort of conflict). Managed to install an old copy of Elements 2, selected the blown white areas and adjusted the brightness and contrast.
I really must learn when to anticipate exposure compensation being required in camera. :bonk:

Back