rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Hi Stan

absolutely love your Tropical entry, great sunset & captured brilliantly :clap: ( I too got sunburn in Scotland 5 years on the trot in September !)

Your final version of Paradox is beautiful , great colors , great frame & I understand the words...well done you :clap:

WRONG....I love blue roses ( & the song of the same name by Jimmy Naill ) so your wrong gets a huge (y) from me

Hiya Stan,

Wow! that is a fantastic shot!

I will be heading up to the West Coast of Scotland later this year (August time) in the camper van .... doubt I will get it on a yacht :LOL:..... but would love to do something like this some time in the future (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks Dawn.

I never been sailing before but thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The weather been fantastic during the three days, cloudless clear blue sky with sun shining every day.

Took over one thousand photos in three days!

I bet you enjoyed it ..... did you have to do some kind of course before you set sail?

1K photos in three days .... OMG you were restraining yourself .... I can clock up to 600 in a day :LOL:

Heaven help me when I venture out later this year ..... I am going to need some serious memory then .... may have to pack some backup :D

Cheers

I bet you enjoyed it ..... did you have to do some kind of course before you set sail?

A work colleague is a qualified skipper and he more or less organised the whole trip for anyone who like to join in from work.
Obviously we all have to help out with the sails etc. and that's part of the fun and enjoyment.

1K photos in three days .... OMG you were restraining yourself .... I can clock up to 600 in a day :LOL:

I though it’s not too bad within the confine of a yacht! I can only take so many sunset photos! :thinking:

Hi Stan, what a great image! that's one of my favourites out of all the "power" posts. There's so much I like: the clean blue and white colours, the unusual perspective, the beautiful curves of the sails. Pefect for the theme.

Excellent (y)

Cracking composition in your tropical and wow, what a sky. Minor point that you couldn't do much about, but shame the RH tree breaks the horizon. Although, 2 year's ago...:p

Power, like it. I'm drawn to the balance and contrast.

Cheers.

Power.
Stunning shot, great abstract.
A shot to be proud of. well done.

Rgds

Adie

what a cracking image for Power....love the unusual angle , the curves of the sails & that wonderful blue sky :clap:

Thanks for the kind comments Lynne. I was laying on the deck of the yacht looking up between the two sails.

Power.
Stunning shot, great abstract.
A shot to be proud of. well done.

Adie

Thanks Adie, very much appreciated. (y)

As others have said fab shot for power.i always love sailing photography would love to try some of a big yacht race. Always looks so powerfull and extreme. ** shot is a great example of this...

Need to find a friend with aspeed boat!

M

For this week’s theme I’m going to offer three images. They are not artistically brilliant in any sense or very photogenic, however, they are real very real. Theses are the DIVIDED boundary ‘no man’s land’ of Nicosia in Cyprus, the only divided capital city in the world.

W19Divided.jpg

.....Republic of Cyprus.................................'No Mans' Land'........................Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)

Last edited:
Hi Stan, another excellent image. I had no idea that the capital divided like this.
It would be interesting to see a larger version.

Here's a larger version of the DIVIDED photo

W19DividedLarge.jpg

And some details of the images which were all taken from Ledra Street the main thoroughfare in central Nicosia crossing the UN buffer zone between Cyprus Republic and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). The left image is a view of the Cyprus Republic Passport Control border crossing point. The middle image is the ‘no mans’ land’ buffer zone which DIVIDED the island in two and the right image is the Turkish side Passport Control.

Last edited:
I thought we where rid of this sort of stupidity in the world... ** shots are great at depicting the devision. It was more the angle I wanted to go down for devision but never had a real example like this to document. Well done!

M

Here's a larger version of the DIVIDED photo

W19DividedLarge.jpg

And some details of the images which were all taken from Ledra Street the main thoroughfare in central Nicosia crossing the UN buffer zone between Cyprus Republic and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC). The left image is a view of the Cyprus Republic Passport Control border crossing point. The middle image is the ‘no mans’ land’ buffer zone which DIVIDED the island in two and the right image is the Turkish side Passport Control.

stan, i never knew it was this bad... a city divided...

I visited Berlin years ago when the wall was firmly in place, and going on a coach trip through checkpoint charlie to visit the East side. Wish i had a camera then, though whether i'd have been able to take pictures as we were traversing the division i don't know...and as much as i would make a great take on this theme..i'm glad the wall was finally brought down. Still planning a trip to the capital though, this last trip has given me the bug to visit more of Germany (y)

Hiya Stan,

Great take on the theme, well done.

Not sure if the three images work as a unit but can see how you were trying to show the divide.

Pity people have to go to such extremes, but heyho that is what happens in the world, seen it all to often back in SA.

Cheers

So sad, humans really know how to mess up don't we?

I find the images quite disorientating, I see the three images but find it hard to 'place' them in terms of the city.

You didn't have the sunny cloud free skies one would expect from Cyprus.

I have to agree with Tina, it's a bit confusing to picture together.

I really like your thought process and as a theme for divided, well, it's bang on.

Cheers.

Lovely shot for promise... I really need to get myself a MACRO lens or a set of extension tubes. Great Work

Hiya Stan,

Nice DOF and very sharp.

Well done

Cheers

Great shot, love the perspective, and nice crop and selection.

Fabulous Stan,
No matter that I and Colin used a fiver in our shots too.. All three are totally different takes. I really, really like yours. The clarity of the texture, text and colours are great. Great dof and crop. All round a great image. Nice one

Martin

Back