Hiya Martin,

That look better than the first (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Martin,

That look better than the first (y)

Cheers

Ta very much Dawn. The encouragement on here from people like you and the other 52ers makes all the difference when one thinks one has lost ones mojo and enthusiasm. I now have time and my enthusiasm is re-newed

Martin

Ta very much Dawn. The encouragement on here from people like you and the other 52ers makes all the difference when one thinks one has lost ones mojo and enthusiasm. I now have time and my enthusiasm is re-newed

Martin

You are welcome and I am glad to hear you are feeling inspired again (y)

Cheers

TinaC said:
Brilliant idea, of course you have committed one of the few treason offences that still carries the death penalty I believe :thinking:

i like it - on the money indeed ;-)

Thanks Tina, I am half expecting an email from flickr to say they have had to remove it, I think death sentence might be a bit harsh, worried now , lol

Hiya Martin,

Now that photo I :love:, not to mention that Turkish Delight is one of my favourites too.

Great composition, use of lighting and colours.

So I take it you still have your head :D

Well done

Cheers

Hiya Martin,

Now that photo I :love:, not to mention that Turkish Delight is one of my favourites too.

Great composition, use of lighting and colours.

So I take it you still have your head :D

Well done

Cheers

Thanks Dawn, It was a bit of an afterthought really. When processing I wanted to get that nostalgic eastern romantic feel from the ads (I even contemplated modelling wearing a tea-towel on my head:wacky:). I tried a few borders but then settled for this matte from picnik. I am pleased with it but felt that effect might be a bit "marmite" but go with it anyway. That said Turkish Delight itself is a bit "marmite". Its surprising how many people cannot stand it. Thats a plus, cos i get to eat both of them:p .

Thanks for your nice comments. :)

Martin... TD is like marmite... and we all know that tagline... i'm on the opposite side of the fence to dear dawn there... BUT that doesn't stop me liking your shot based on the photography merit...and anyway..i only used to watch the adverts for the ..ahem.. for the lighting ..erm...flesh tones... :D

oh no!!.. it says same great taste... i don't think SO!!! should be a law against it...

I certainly remember the tagline :confused:

Fortunately I don't like the product; the real thing, now THAT I like ;)

Your composition is good, though a smaller plate/bowl so that the unwrapped pieces are closer to the box would be good.

Thanks Tina. The size of bowl concerned me too and it didn't work without a white background. I tried three different shaped plates , had my eldest searching cupboards for something smaller and was cussing that we don't possess any saucers. I suppose on reflection I could have placed the chocolate closer to the left edge of the bowl and cropped.
Thanks for dropping in and your nice comments :)

Martin... TD is like marmite... and we all know that tagline... i'm on the opposite side of the fence to dear dawn there... BUT that doesn't stop me liking your shot based on the photography merit...and anyway..i only used to watch the adverts for the ..ahem.. for the lighting ..erm...flesh tones... :D

oh no!!.. it says same great taste... i don't think SO!!! should be a law against it...

Thanks Kev for your positive comments. When deciding whether to do this shot I had a quick look at google images for possible ideas and stumbled across examples of the flesh tones you speak of.

Last edited:
Thanks Kev for your positive comments. When deciding whether to do this shot I had a quick look google images for possible ideas and stumbled across examples of the flesh tones you speak of.

i always think ..flesh tones are important.. for an advert.. (y)

eek:

This TD an the real TD...ggggeeeooorrgeeooouussss.

I'm not keen on the vignetting and the bowl, because of its size, has become the theme/focus.

The TD (wrapped and unwrapped) are well placed and the beads add to the Eastern atmosphere.

I had to check out Youtube to jog my memory.... Full of Eastern Promise.

eek:

This TD an the real TD...ggggeeeooorrgeeooouussss.

I'm not keen on the vignetting and the bowl, because of its size, has become the theme/focus.

The TD (wrapped and unwrapped) are well placed and the beads add to the Eastern atmosphere.

I had to check out Youtube to jog my memory.... Full of Eastern Promise.

I clicked the link too. Brings back good memories.:naughty:
I don't know if you have bought one in recent times, but they just aren't the same as they used to be. I had to boost the red jelly a bit as it is now more brown. And they seem smaller:thinking: or is it that I was smaller then :eek:

i do believe they have shrunk the size of them , like many choc bars..but with TD..radioative jelly ain't what it used to be...not like the advert... that i might have to watch again... ;)

i do believe they have shrunk the size of them , like many choc bars..but with TD..radioative jelly ain't what it used to be...not like the advert... that i might have to watch again... ;)

Wagon wheels :thumbsdown:

Martin,

Some good shots in your recent weeks.
I love divided, it's a shame it's OE.
That's four of us now that have done the money thing, but your pp take on the theme is great.

love the fiver didn't even notice your face a first lol great shot on theme also i went up the Ogden power turbines after the fires such a small world
i go up there alot or near there :clap::clap:

Oh yes Turkish Delight full of eastern promise i didn't know you could still get them (y)

Hi Martin

TD....hate the stuff but now got the ad playing in my head...thanks...NOT :LOL:

Love the shot , the layout & the colors, has a sort of 70's / 80's feel to it (y)

Back