rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Currently on leave in Cyprus and was out for a walk on Sunday and came across a bared wired fence......

So, it is my offering for this week's Project 52 theme "TWISTED"

Week21Twisted2.jpg

I put my finger across the section of wire that comes out of the main wire and felt it worked better.

Some nice colours (you can't beat rust for a colour!).

Did you focus where the two wires cross because parts of the wire of out of focus.

I'm a bugger for pushing vibrance but I'd like to see a tad more vibrance, especially in the rust.

Cheers.

I like the wire agaist the blue of the sky giving a lot of colour to a subject that you wouldn't have thought would be so colourful, weather looks better over there too

I really like this one. I'm a sucker for simple but striking images. The wire against the brilliant blue sky is a wonderful contrast. The low perspective works very well.

I'd be tempted to try a little sharpen and up the contrast slightly.

Great shot (y)

Hiya Stan,

Right on theme there and love the colours too. It looks a tad OOF to me, but I guess it would have been tricky to get the whole lot in focus.

I would have perhaps not included the blue in the border and maybe just gone for a strong black frame.

Cheers

Dawn :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just realise both Colin (Barrysprout) and Martin (Marts) have the same idea and also a £5 note!!!!! :puke:

There were several of us who snapped some money, and I thought we were in a recession!

Currently on leave in Cyprus and was out for a walk on Sunday and came across a bared wired fence......

So, it is my offering for this week's Project 52 theme "TWISTED"

Week21Twisted2.jpg

And if doing the same 'promise' wasn't enough, I see we've got the same take on 'twisted' too!
I see you've gone with the Greek spelling of barbed wire :D

I don't like the border, but the blue sky is good and helps the wire stand out.
However, I think I prefer mine :p

I'm finding the theme for week 22 (Hidden) really hard and challenging. I have a few ideas in my head but just stuck with inspiration for turning them into photographic images. In the end I can only come up with this one.

Week 22 Hidden

W22Hidden.jpg

These are free souvenir pendent (or whatever they are call!) from Dublin when I visit my daughter there a few years ago. So happen it was around Chinese New Year time and there were some free street performances by Chinese artists. These are from the ‘Bian Lian’ (Face Changing) dramatic art performance. Face Changes and a video from youtube Face Changing.

My idea behind the photo is ‘what’s “HIDDEN” behind the mask?’

Hiya Stan,

Sorry but I was really battling to see your point for this week. But now I have had another look and can see what you mean about the masks and 'hidden'. Lovely colours and I like the DOF. I'm not too sure about the composition though, may have been better if all the tassels were straight (the one on the right is a bit distracting) and would have perhaps cropped it to make it more central .... i.e., there is a bit more space on the right than the left.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oh, hell, I posted a reply to your hidden on Saturday but while imbibing JD I appear to have messed it up...:wacky:

Anyway, it does hit the theme and I immediately thought of Carl Jung's (for those that care, see Persona here).

They are what they are, I guess and I do like them - nice and simple interpretation.

Cheers.

Oh, hell, I posted a reply to your hidden on Saturday but while imbibing JD I appear to have messed it up...:wacky:

Anyway, it does hit the theme and I immediately thought of Carl Jung's (for those that care, see Persona here).

They are what they are, I guess and I do like them - nice and simple interpretation.

Cheers.

Hiya Andy

I am now convinced you are in the MAD category :D .... love it!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

D x

Last edited:
Hi Stan

love the colors in Hidden & very unusual objects .I did have to read the words to understand fully your thoughts behind the shot but yes, masks hide things ( we wear them everyday) so it does fit the theme (y) Layout has already been mentioned .
We all have weeks were inspiration takes a leave of absence so well done for sticking with it (y)

Haven't been here for a week, my life just seems to be busy all the time. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the kind comments and encouragement. As I said in the original post, I just can’t find the inspiration for the ‘Hidden’ theme but will try a re-shoot at the next opportunity.

Hiya Stan,

Can fully appreciate the business ... it's amazing how quickly these weeks fly past, so don't beat yourself up about it. The fact that we haven't seen you for a week ... fits 'hidden' :p

Seriously though, you don't really need to do a re-shoot of your 'hidden' shot ... the masks fit the bill, I just think some of us didn't see it at first without the explanation ... but that happens to all of us at some point.

Focus on the new theme now ... and maybe, if you want to, use 'hidden' for a future re-shoot draw then that will be great.

Keep up the good work, always look forward to your posts.

Cheers

Hiya Stan,

Focus on the new theme now ... and maybe, if you want to, use 'hidden' for a future re-shoot draw then that will be great.

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, very much appreciated.

That's exactly what I mean about reshooting the hidden theme; when a 're-shoot' theme is drawn.

Hiya Stan,

You see ... you have no problem catching up (y)

I like your broken tree shot ..... not sure if your broken pipe is 'broken' as such, it looks pretty much intact to me ... but heyho.

Love the bright colour in 'bright' .... are they dressed as the TellieTubbies? :LOL: :cool:

And finally your rescue shot ... well that is great ... pity you didn't get more of the front wheel in, but otherwise a great shot!

Cheers

Hi stan,

I like your Bright shot, even though it's from last year (my personal rule is to take a shot once the theme is posted, but that's me). The composition works well, but I'd rather a little more in the bottom edge as you've chopped some of the strut off.

Rescue, the shot fit's the theme OK, but I feel you've rushed it.
I think it was Adie who posted his thought process behind his 52 a few weeks back. In it he said he would think of his idea, think what he wanted to achieve with it, think how to achieve it and then go and execute the idea. Here I think you've spotted something that suits the theme and took the shot.

As a result (assuming I'm right!) you've chopped off the back of the RIB, chopped two tyres and have blown background. If it's local enough, I would hold the idea in my head and try and think what you could do with it, or wait for better light where the background may not blow. As it stands, it looks like a photo in a boat 'for sale' add.

There is a positive point!
I like how the bow fills the top left of the frame.

Sorry for being negative on the 'Rescue' image.

Neil.

Last edited:
Broken:-
Tree, a subject that is bang on theme (y) Shame about the sky being so...uninteresting.
Pipe Cassion, also suffering from over exposed background but an interesting subject none the less.

Bright:- They ARE the Teletubbies :LOL: brilliant catch and certainly on theme (y)

Rescue:- On theme most certainly (y) the sky looks over exposed, grim :(
Well caught up, I'm still paddling furiously ;)

Hi all and thanks for all the nice comments and in depth crit. :clap:

So happen, the charity-rowing event is on again this weekend and I’ll try to be there and hope to snap something similar.

With regard to the rescue photo, yes I did rushed the shot slightly. As you can see from the photo I was on the ‘wrong’ side of the security fence and don’t really want to be told off by the guards. :) There were warning notices everywhere to say “Keep Out” etc. :nono:

With regard to the rescue photo, yes I did rushed the shot slightly. As you can see from the photo I was on the ‘wrong’ side of the security fence and don’t really want to be told off by the guards. :) There were warning notices everywhere to say “Keep Out” etc. :nono:

So a re-shoot is a little tricky then.

Broken tree....well, it is. It's quite busy and I can't help feeling the tree in the top right third has more potential??

Bright and it is. Don't they look miserable. You did well, though, with the composition.

Rescue, on theme but too close, I feel.

Nice one for catching up..(y)

Hi Stan

Well done on your catch up...it does tend to get to you when you fall behind:crying:

In no particular order :

Bright...think most has been said so I'm sure you'll do better if you get to the event again...that's a stroke of luck ! I'd just add that I like the compostion & colors but it does seem a touch OOF..possibly my monitor ?

Broken...as per Andy the tree in the background may have been a better subject but like your thinking & it def says broken (y)

Rescue...great thinking & angle for the shot , already been said about the crop but given the circumstances I think you've done well (y)

Hiya all, slightly late for the half way mark but I'm still here and standing. :)

Firstly a big thanks to all fellow 52'ers and everyone else for the support, comments, detail critique and in depth evaluation of my 52 Project so far.

After many thoughts and head scratching, here's my offering for 'SENSUAL'

W26Sensual.jpg

As usual, all C and C welcome

Back