rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Hiya Stan,

:ty: for posting this before I pulled all my hair out.

I was thinking it was a Jammie Yammie .... but that 'elaborate' exhaust system threw me off. Great piece of machine you have there ... I bet you enjoy taking it out for a spin (especially when the weather is good).

We had a Genesis FZR1000 in South Africa and boy did we have some great times going out on breakfast runs and rallies. Then here in England we had a Suzuki SV650S (but not as comfy on the derrière as the Genesis :LOL:), although the weather is not always the best here for going out on a bike.

Well done on this week's theme :clap:

my baby's a triumph street triple R....loads of smiles per mile :D

Lynne .... lovely baby ... will we get to see the bike tomorrow?

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Stan :wave:

:muted: Dare I say it?
But I think this is one of those shots where selective colour would really work well and give you the best of both worlds. I love the warm tones in the colour version, but the background in the B&W is far more subtle and less distracting. I think because the green is more vibrant than the coppery tones it seems to be competing with it a bit.

I know nothing about bikes, but it certainly looks elaborate to me. And most importantly it makes a good image. Good choice with the symmetrical, central composition.

EDIT : BTW now that the time limit for editing threads has been extended from 6 months to a year, you can combine part1 and part2 into a single thread if you want to. Just drop me a PM or use the red triangle to RTM and it'll be done!!!
(of course, you can still keep it in 2 parts if you prefer)

Hi Sarah,

Big thank you for merging my two threads together and also all the nice comments.

Decided to have a go (first time) at selective colouring and at the same time go a bit elaborate with the borders too. :)

W27Elaborate03ColourisedFramed.jpg

Hiya Stan

Edit works too, as does the border etc.

(y)

Cheers

STAN!!!!... that frame SO sets that off... though it now looks like one of them motivational posters... :D .. but where's the ..er..the senssual model...NOT that i'm complaining.. (y)

I know it's about that time of the year; university graduations; and so happen I work in the city centre and decided to take the camera to work so that I can wonder about at lunch time hoping there is a ceremony that day. Then I ended up with this one; Celebrate one’s academicals achievements. Not technically good but to the theme at least.

Week 28 - Celebrate

W28Celebrate.jpg

To me, we can get overly involved in the technicalities of photogtraphs.

For me, this photograph is all about the expressions in their faces.

Bottom left I suspect is someone's hair?

Cheers.

Nah dont clone it (unless you have another few shots with the dressed up people).

You can darken just that area to make it less prominent.

Question : Did you use Raw, because the colour is really saturated and blown/merged in several of the sunny areas. If you used raw you may be able to recover some of the detail.

Well on theme tho! Congrats!

Some girl's long hair.

I try to clone it out but not that easy. If I crop it out then I'll lose the mortar board on the left and the guy's arm too. So I decided to just leave it.

I agree with the other posts and what you say, don't clone it as you'll lose more than it is worth.

Hi Stan,
Just checking in to your 52 again.....

Great shot for the elaborate theme and the edit adds a touch of class and have to agree with Kev's post on the Motivational poster style.
As you've said the celebrate shot is not the most technically perfect but it really suite the theme, well caught!

Hiya Stan

Great take on the theme, and as you say not technically correct, but I still think it is a fab shot.

Cheers

stan..love your celebration shot.. takes me back to when i graduate (twice as a retest meant i took the last year again) ...

angle is a funny one.. maybe you should have focused on a cap flying into the air..isolated it maybe??? thought with the building behind that might not have been possible.. (y) have you tried mono..i find where there is too much colour..then a mono always seems to help bring the emotion of the occassion back..?

..so stan!.. where's your smell coming from..?

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. Haven't been here often during most of last week, work is just too busy again and taking up too much of my life.

..so stan!.. where's your smell coming from..?

And it's here, slightly late.

I got a different idea for the theme but just couldn't find the right time and a model to help! :) So ended up with this one.

This is my OH's collect of miniature perfume. Well what can you say about perfume and they do have nice "SMELL" :)

Week29Smell.jpg

Hi Stan

I like the idea of the perfumes for the theme ... however I think my OCD gets the better of me here regards the composition and I find it quite mess (for want of a better word ... sorry).

There are some lovely looking bottles in there which I think would add to the whole 'smell/scent' appeal.

I think the image would have worked better if you had arranged all the bottles standing up in some sort of form, perhaps the shape of a nose :shrug: (just an idea).

Also like Neil's idea of spray (y)

And finally, I thought I had a lot of perfume (all of about 6 bottles) ... but this takes the cake :LOL: There must be at least a scent per week there!

Great idea though.

Cheers

These were taken last week and the intention was to use them as ‘Rescue’ reshoots. Then I thought these could also fall into this week theme too being taken from an unusual view point with a 10-20mm wide angle lens that makes them slightly odd looking and ‘WEIRD’

:thinking:

W30Weird02.jpg

W30Weird01.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya Stan,

Indeed odd angles .... give me a sort of sea-sick feel (no reflection on the photo's themselves though ... just the angles).

Well done on spotting these shots.

Cheers

Hey, thanks everyone for the comments. I was going to post up another photo thinking that these two must be not worth commenting on since there weren’t any in the past six days. Then I thought hold on everyone must be busy or on holidays.

Anyway, I might as well post it up for you all to C&C. I took this photo last week as a competition entry; the theme is ‘Shapes’; and I thought it actually could fit the theme here too. On first glance the photo looks pretty weird but I'm sure some of you would know how it was taken.

Week 30 'WEIRD' 02

W30Weird03.jpg

The light painting looks great, and it still bugs me how it's done. I mean, I know the basics, but getting the shape like that must take so long!

Wind also looks good, and a take on the theme that I hadn't even considered.

Two great, and very different, images for "weird" and "wind".

I've can't work out how you did the light painting (I assume that's what it is) - have you attached a light to a wheel or wheels? Hang on... is that a bicycle?

Hiya Stan,

Like the 2nd weird ... great light painting ... not sure how you did that, but it is great (y)

Also good take on the 'wind' theme with a nice DOF.

Well done on both counts.

Cheers

Hi Stan.

I like your 2nd weird shot, I can sort of guess how you did, but I'm not 100%.

Wind; firstly thanks for the idea, I accidentally spotted your wind shot while looking at your weird shot, which I don't like doing until I've got my own idea for the theme, but I'm glad I did stumble on yours as it gave me an idea for my wind! The DOF is good, but as has been said, it would be better if you had the pipers head in too. It also looks a little too red to me.

Hi, I thought I'd commented on these but appears I didn't 'submit reply"!!

Anyway, having tried the light painting and failed miserably, I salute you!!

Wind, now who can say they don't like the sound of bagpipes....

I'm not sure how long you had to compose this one and it appears you didn't go with the intention of getting a wind photograph, that said you did well to get what you got.

I'd like t have seen the main piper's face and it is quite cluttered.

But, it's got bagpipes in which are, in my opinion, the archetypal wind instrument.

Cheers.

Back