rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Volume, well, nice trails but I'd like it better if you could loose some of the light off the road to emphasise the trails. Not an easy one to get volume across - it show the literal volume of traffic but I'd like to see a more high volume of traffic.

Cheers.

I like it as a light trail, looks like a good time of the day too?

Hi Stan, very good light trails there. Not done these yet myself, must try at some point.

Thanks all for the comments.

Hi Andy, I appreciate the traffic shot doesn’t convey volume but as said quite a difficult theme to grab a photo of, well for me anyway. I was more thinking of (heavy/light) volume of traffic here.

Anyhow, I have a few photos in my collection which may be more apt for the theme but I’m reluctant to use them as they were taken a couple of years ago so doesn’t really qualify for this Project as such unless as a joker!

However, then again I may just put it up here for C&C later on.

Hi Stan

beautiful light trail there mister...love the clarity of the trails & the adde detail in the sky ...really like it :clap: Volume was a hard theme...apart from the volume button type shot I couldn't think of anything either so nice to see a bit of outside the box thinking .
May not shout volume to some ( my shot may have the same problem) but hey...what it says to you , how you execute the shot & the end result are what matters (y)

STAN!!!...love fun... love the sky and love the ferris wheel...not too much..not too little.. (y)

..volume.. you sly dog.. light trails... nice capture. ..even with a spooky house on the hill..

STAN!!!...love fun... love the sky and love the ferris wheel...not too much..not too little.. (y)

..volume.. you sly dog.. light trails... nice capture. ..even with a spooky house on the hill..

Thanks, Kev and I didn't hang around for too long once it got pretty dark. :LOL:

I like the idea for the first 'volume' shot, excellent thinking there.
However, I'm not sure light trails hit the theme.
A shot of peak hour traffic from the bridge would have worked for the idea, it wouldn't have been as fun as light trails though.

I think I'm with Andy on the light on the road, a little less light would help.
The sky looks too bright too.

The 2nd take on 'volume' isn't saying volume for me, plus it all looks a little over exposed.
I love the shots of these though early morning and late evening when you can see the glow off the flame, did you get any?

Stan

Sorry its taken me so long to catch up with your thread. Im still doing my 52 but really struggling to produce images week on week. I often find im maybe doing photography that week also but then it just does not fit the theme. I'll get there though by the end of the year and get 52 shots to represent my years work.

I like your second volume too... I think its spot on for the theme! My only crit would be id have got a little lower if I could have and moved over to the right a little more. Therebye "I think" just getting better shape and sense of volume... and increasing the blue sky in the pic a little with the patch to the left.

Also maybe a tad oversaturated?

Anyways ... great work and I loved the light trail shot.

Mark

I like the idea for the first 'volume' shot, excellent thinking there.
However, I'm not sure light trails hit the theme.
A shot of peak hour traffic from the bridge would have worked for the idea, it wouldn't have been as fun as light trails though.

I think I'm with Andy on the light on the road, a little less light would help.
The sky looks too bright too.

The 2nd take on 'volume' isn't saying volume for me, plus it all looks a little over exposed.
I love the shots of these though early morning and late evening when you can see the glow off the flame, did you get any?

Thanks for the comments Neil,

The hot air balloon ride was a birthday gift and yes I got loads of
9496500-Ti.gif
of the event including the flame

nice, bright and vivid, jumps out of the screen. Shame about the sky. Otherwise works well

Thanks Michael. (y)

stan...i like your second volume..colour tad too red.. and the sky... but.. i think it fits the theme..

Thanks Kev. (y)

Stan

Sorry its taken me so long to catch up with your thread. Im still doing my 52 but really struggling to produce images week on week. I often find im maybe doing photography that week also but then it just does not fit the theme. I'll get there though by the end of the year and get 52 shots to represent my years work.

I like your second volume too... I think its spot on for the theme! My only crit would be id have got a little lower if I could have and moved over to the right a little more. Therebye "I think" just getting better shape and sense of volume... and increasing the blue sky in the pic a little with the patch to the left.

Also maybe a tad oversaturated?

Anyways ... great work and I loved the light trail shot.

Mark

Thanks Mark, yep understand the red is a bit
sun.gif

After finding out this week’s theme I was reading Kev’s (SamuelSlade) long explanations on his Volume shot which led me to my take on this week’s photo. Thanks Kev for the inspiration (y)

My first thought on Explode was bang…. explosion… blast… bomb… detonation… ignition and then this image.

Ok, at first glance it may looks like just a burning match but it took over 80 shots just to get the timing right. Look closer you’ll find the match head is only half ignited.

Cheers

Week 40 – Seconds before Explode

W40Explode.jpg

My first thought on Explode was bang…. explosion… blast… bomb… detonation… ignition and then this image.

Ok, at first glance it may looks like just a burning match but it took over 80 shots just to get the timing right. Look closer you’ll find the match head is only half ignited.

Cheers

Week 40 – Seconds before Explode

W40Explode.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat:

I was going to do that one tomorrow....

Well done on producing such a decent photograph of a difficult subject and nice smoke.

Cheers.

Hiya Stan,

Volume: Love the light trails shot which I think fits the theme well. The 2nd shot is good too ... just very bright :cool:

Explode: That is fantastic ... I'll have to give that a go some time :D

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

stan... liking the different take on the slow shutter river rapids... (y) green are a bit too green maybe... but i'm looking at the water..

Hiya Stan,

Nice image with the smooth water ... although to me it speaks of more softer motion than rapid. I would consider rapid to be more thunderous and loads of motion .... so in that respect it doesn't hit the mark for me ..... sorry, yet it is still a lovely shot.

Cheers

Nice use of a slow shutter speed. I like it.

Thanks Michael, glad you like it. Cheers

Nice low angle Stan.
I'd rather there was a little more of the trees in the top, the crop through them doesn't work for me.

Thanks Neil, I cropped out the trees on purpose to emphasise the water rapids.

Hiya Stan,

Nice image with the smooth water ... although to me it speaks of more softer motion than rapid. I would consider rapid to be more thunderous and loads of motion .... so in that respect it doesn't hit the mark for me ..... sorry, yet it is still a lovely shot.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn, it's water rapids I tried to convey.

Interesting choice of letterbox crop....

Obvious maybe but it is a shot that fits the theme.....it's of some rapids....!

Thanks Jeff.

My wife must be thinking I’ve gone a bit :wacky: taking pictures of the laundry basket in the bathroom.

Also seeing all those prime lens shots in the Oktoberfest Challenges on here I decided to try this week’s with my Nifty Fifty too and open wide to f1.4 for the minimum DOF.

Cheers

Week 42 – ‘Weave 01’

W42Weave01.jpg

‘Weave 02’

W42Weave02.jpg

Back