rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Hi Stan.....liking the B&W for both the Weave shots...nice detail & DOF & bang on theme (y)

Great textures there, Stan, and b&w conversion is a good choice.

I'd like to see 1 with it all in focus.

Number 2 is the better, for me. I like how it's been divided, if you like. Nice focus and great depth.

Cheers.

Hiya Stan,

Well done on the 'weave', both lovely shots, with #2 being my fav for the difference to the angle.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi 52’ers,

Thanks again for all the nice comments.

No I haven’t fallen by the wayside, just that I’ve been away (again!) for two weeks and then lots of odds and sods to be sorted out when I get back. The joy of holidays!

However, I was able to keep up with the themes with photos taken but not able to post them sooner as I forgot to take the card reader with me to download the images.

So here my take on Week 43 - 'Abstract'

W43Abstract.jpg

I'm not keen on the split, but I do like the right hand side. I like the colours, sense of movement, and the chaotic abstractness.

Cheers.

Hiya Stan,

Your abstract is 'different' , but soz doesn't fit my bill of abstract mainly because I can't decided what is the focus in the shot .... sorrry :crying:

Cheers

Dawn

I quite like the original for abstract, nice idea (y)

Abstract 2 is a well themed subject, but the sky frustrates me.

Cheers

Thanks Joe, appreciate your comments about the sky.

Hi, I think a nice close up of the underside would work very well as an abstract photograph.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I was thinking the same when I look through the photos and wish I took some from under or looking up. I must break out from my old film days of thinking that every press of the shutter costs money! :thinking:

stan.i love that take on pair. the old shadow trick never fails..not often anyway... but i love the wonky frame around them to the crazy paving, and the added suggestion that they are.. you know ..;) .. you know!! .. .. sharing a sandwich ;)

stan.i love that take on pair. the old shadow trick never fails..not often anyway... but i love the wonky frame around them to the crazy paving, and the added suggestion that they are.. you know ..;) .. you know!! .. .. sharing a sandwich ;)

Cheers Kev, it was actually a diner Kebab..... ;) :)

Hiya Stan,

I have to agree with Andy on the close crop of the last abstract shot ..... it is a great image to work with and you could take the 'abstract' from many parts of the frame!

As for 'pair' ..... omg that brings back sad and loving memories for me! ..... way back to my youth when I was young and free and enjoying kebabs (which the greeks/cyps are so good at making!)

Love the lead in lines and simpleness of the image :clap:

Well done pal!

Cheers

Hiya Stan,

I love your 'Safe' shot ... very well executed, great lighting and composition. Now if only I had a safe ..... just I don't have that many valuables to justify one :LOL:

Cheers

Like your take on safe (y) On theme and I like the lighting (y)

I really must do something about my fear of artificial light...

Hi Tina, thanks.

Hiya Stan,

I love your 'Safe' shot ... very well executed, great lighting and composition. Now if only I had a safe ..... just I don't have that many valuables to justify one :LOL:

Cheers

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the comments, very kind of you. And just for the record, there’s nothing in there. I got the safe from an elderly uncle who lost his wife some years ago and he asked me to have it rather than chucked it away. Anyway, it just sat in the corner of the cupboard all these time until this photography theme comes along!

Hi, Stan, pair, yip, that's a winner...(y)

It has a real vintage feel to it. Possibly lovers on a park...so many stories in this photograph. Well done.

Safe, again a nice photograph. Looks a bit blue to me and a tad soft, maybe. I feel it would work as well in b&w.

Living, I quite like the angle. I thought about doing something similar, a bud on a tree but didn't get the chance. Again, looks a tad soft and the new part looks a bit over exposed. I feel you could have got much closer to get all the green in and a small part of the dead orchid.

Cheers.

stan..love living.. great idea. well executed and brilliantly lit to make it a striking photo, the rich colour of the background halo'd by the darkness. (y) focus is drawn to that new shoot..

Hi, Stan, pair, yip, that's a winner...(y)

It has a real vintage feel to it. Possibly lovers on a park...so many stories in this photograph. Well done.

Safe, again a nice photograph. Looks a bit blue to me and a tad soft, maybe. I feel it would work as well in b&w.

Living, I quite like the angle. I thought about doing something similar, a bud on a tree but didn't get the chance. Again, looks a tad soft and the new part looks a bit over exposed. I feel you could have got much closer to get all the green in and a small part of the dead orchid.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, the Safe was lit by a small LED torch hence the slight blue tint. For the Living shot I set the aperture to 2.8 to enhance shallow dof and concentrate the focus just on the root to convey ‘life, growth and living’

HIya Stan, like the different angle you have used there. It is a little bit over exposed on the root part, but the image works well, a close up of it would work well. It's strange how this theme has been so tricky, I have had the same problem.

Thanks Michael for the feedback

stan..love living.. great idea. well executed and brilliantly lit to make it a striking photo, the rich colour of the background halo'd by the darkness. (y) focus is drawn to that new shoot..

Hi Kev, thanks for the kind words

Back