rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

stan..two very good pieces there... awesome light!! 'ing ...liking the reflections in number 2 the best. great blue sky (y)

2 nice pics there Stan, The composition of number 1 is really good, and I like it being taken from low down. Nice reflections in number 2.

stan..two very good pieces there... awesome light!! 'ing ...liking the reflections in number 2 the best. great blue sky (y)

Thank you Michael & Kev, kind comments much appreciated.

Hiya Stan,

I'm a bit behind with commenting on fellow 52'ers projects, so doing a quick catch up here:

Living: wow I really like this shot and fits the theme well. The lighting is fantastic, composition and angle great and the background fab! The frame compliments the image well too.

Light: Again another 2 super shots. Great composition and the low angle works well in #1 with a nice light burst at the end that really draws my eye into the image. Love the reflection in #2.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Stan

Like your shot for Safe..very literal....nice simple colors, possibly a little dark to the left but good capture..like it (y)

Living....like the different angle...the BG color & the idea....the eye is drawn to the new living shoot but it all seems a little oof to me...can't see a clear focus spot ? Sorry :crying:

Absolutely love your 1st Image for Light.....great colors , detail in the sky, symetry....excellent shot :clap::clap:

Hiya Stan,

I'm a bit behind with commenting on fellow 52'ers projects, so doing a quick catch up here:

Living: wow I really like this shot and fits the theme well. The lighting is fantastic, composition and angle great and the background fab! The frame compliments the image well too.

Light: Again another 2 super shots. Great composition and the low angle works well in #1 with a nice light burst at the end that really draws my eye into the image. Love the reflection in #2.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for dropping by. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our hobby! :thinking:

Pleased you like the Living shot. As for the 1st Light shot I set a very small aperture, something like f16, to get the ‘star burst’ effect.

Hi Stan

Like your shot for Safe..very literal....nice simple colors, possibly a little dark to the left but good capture..like it (y)

Living....like the different angle...the BG color & the idea....the eye is drawn to the new living shoot but it all seems a little oof to me...can't see a clear focus spot ? Sorry :crying:

Absolutely love your 1st Image for Light.....great colors , detail in the sky, symetry....excellent shot :clap::clap:

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the kind comments on the Safe shot.

As said before, I set; looking back may be too wide aperture (f2.8) for the Living shot so the dof is a bit too shallow.

Pleased you like the Light shot though.

Great lighting and composition on safe.
Not massively keen on living, but I can see the idea of spurting life. I like the lighting again here.
Light two for me, I think the first is just edging on the over exposed lights, although I really like the composition.

(y)

Hiya Stan,

Really like the Light 3 shot and the bunny is so cute, especially like how you have captured it with the green in its mouth.

Cheers

Hi, Stan light #1 for me. I like the low angle, nice colour in the sky and good depth.

My immediate thought was it's a tad skewed, for want of a better word, and I thought it deserved closer inspection. I viewed in LR with a grid and I thinks it's the vertical supports that may have caused this.

Cute bunny...surely that's cheating:D The green veg is a nice touch.

Cheers.

What else can I say but..... Cute bunny!!!!!!!

Bunnies are certainly cute, a great subject for the theme. Also like your pic for light as well

Hiya Stan,

Really like the Light 3 shot and the bunny is so cute, especially like how you have captured it with the green in its mouth.

Cheers

Thank you all. The bunny is quite a challenging shot to take. Apart from her very dark coat she always moving about. My son has to induce her with food and at the same time holding the flash/umbrella overhead.

Hi, Stan light #1 for me. I like the low angle, nice colour in the sky and good depth.

My immediate thought was it's a tad skewed, for want of a better word, and I thought it deserved closer inspection. I viewed in LR with a grid and I thinks it's the vertical supports that may have caused this.

Cheers.

That was my first impression is well. I think is the 'extra' light on the right hand side that gives the 'un-level' feel! :thinking:

Hi ya Stan

ooooh...cute bunny...lovely shot

Like the shot from Vietnam as well....any chance you could nip back over there & do the shot again...without cropping the 1st lantern :LOL:

Hi Lynne,

I love to, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Are you commissioning me for the photo shoot? :) :D

Not long to go to complete this project.

Notice this old phone box a few times on my way up north to Inverness and thought it would fits the theme. So I was up pretty early on a cold Sunday morning since it’s a good 30 minutes drive from my house. It was cold, the road had a good dusting of snow overnight and the temperature was barely above zero.

Week 49 - Talk

W49Talk2a.jpg

Last edited:
No critique or any comment on week 49!
Everyone must be busy with Christmas and office dos.

Anyway only two more weeks to go after this one to complete the Project. For this week I decided to try a technique that I don’t do often (Paradox II) or too fond of TBH. I found most of them just over done or OTT…. HDR.

Week 50 – Weather (Sunny Winter Afternoon)

W50Weather1.jpg

Hiya Stan,

Please don't feel alone .... I think there are many of us running out of steam at this mo ..... so you are not alone .....and all credit to you for keeping up with the challenge.

It has been a privilege to work with you on this project throughout the year. You have been a great support and encouragement ..... thank you xxxx

All the best with your photography ventures in the future

Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year to you too.

Luvz

Stan. Id seen your phone boxes on my phone but I didn't think it did them justice..but I was take by the composure for the first. The second was clutter...but it was like a discarded tardis ???

As for weather..rich colours and thin trees =great shot ..(y)

Hiya Stan,

Have to say I prefer your first 'talk' shot .... despite the OE. The second just doesn't work for me .... mainly because there is so much going on in the image, it seems a bit soft, and very cluttered, even though through SC you have tried to isolate the 'talk' theme ..... I just don't think it works on this one.

Onto your weather shot ..... :thinking: .....I like the composition .... but there is just something very weird about the colours ....not sure if it could be due to WB ... it just doesn't seem realistic. But heyho .... that is how it may have appeared .... after all nature has it's own way of presenting itself to us.

Good on you though for keeping up to date and not many more to go.

May I take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the happiness over the festive season and a very prosperous New Year.

And thanks for being a great support throught the Photo52 2011.

Luv

Dxx

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the well wishes and greetings and of course your marvellous support over the last twelve months. Every week I always look forward to yours in depth comments and detailed critique. Not just my photos but also other 52’ers too.

Like you I will not be taking part in next year’s 52. After complete my previous 365 and this year’s 52. I decided to take a short break from the intense daily or weekly photo takings. I will instead doing a personal Project 12 or 24 so more on quality rather than quantity.

Cheers

(y) :clap:

Hi ya Stan . apologies for not popping in sooner...life's been getting in the way again :bang:

Prefer the 1st image for TALK..(I couldn't find a phone box like that round here),the slightly blown sky niggles me but I do love SC so def a (y)

The 2nd image for TALK just doesn't have the same impact for me but I still like it :)

Weather....I still don't understand HDR:bonk:I like the thinking behind the shot , like the colors , the shadows, the glimpse of blue sky but there's something that niggles me which I can't put my finger on...possibly the tree trunks seem slightly soft ?

Well done for the year & good luck with your personal challenges for next year...look forward to seeing what you come up with (y)

Hi ya Stan . apologies for not popping in sooner...life's been getting in the way again :bang:

Prefer the 1st image for TALK..(I couldn't find a phone box like that round here),the slightly blown sky niggles me but I do love SC so def a (y)

The 2nd image for TALK just doesn't have the same impact for me but I still like it :)

Weather....I still don't understand HDR:bonk:I like the thinking behind the shot , like the colors , the shadows, the glimpse of blue sky but there's something that niggles me which I can't put my finger on...possibly the tree trunks seem slightly soft ?

Well done for the year & good luck with your personal challenges for next year...look forward to seeing what you come up with (y)

Thanks Lynne for dropping by and much appreciate your kind words. Glad you like the Talk shot and hope to see you to the Project end. (y)

Hi, Stan, well spotted with your Talk. they are a bit cluttered, and you've lost the sky in #1 which is quite distracting and in #2 you seem to have lost some detail in the reds. For these I think a nice close up of the door handle and 'pull' would have worked very well.

Weather, now this has real potential and you've done well. I really like the detail in the branches, especially the upper branches. It is a bit over saturated for me. I also think it would work better if you got closer; I did a crop and it just felt better, more compact if you like, to me.

Cheers and 2 more to go...:)

Stan, your first talk image is an on theme composition but I find the selective colouring distracting. The second image I found more messy and unappealing. So #1 for me (y)

I just love your weather picture, the colours and the bare trees tell us about that day so well. A great take on the theme (y)

Hi, Stan, well spotted with your Talk. they are a bit cluttered, and you've lost the sky in #1 which is quite distracting and in #2 you seem to have lost some detail in the reds. For these I think a nice close up of the door handle and 'pull' would have worked very well.

Weather, now this has real potential and you've done well. I really like the detail in the branches, especially the upper branches. It is a bit over saturated for me. I also think it would work better if you got closer; I did a crop and it just felt better, more compact if you like, to me.

Cheers and 2 more to go...:)

Thanks Andy for the feedback. I think the HDR processes may be the cause for the over saturation. That’s one of the reasons I’m not too keen on HDR. Most of the time it turns photos into more like paintings! :thinking:

Stan, your first talk image is an on theme composition but I find the selective colouring distracting. The second image I found more messy and unappealing. So #1 for me (y)

I just love your weather picture, the colours and the bare trees tell us about that day so well. A great take on the theme (y)

Hi Tina, thanks for the kind words on the Weather shot

Hi Stan,

I like the recent posts.
Nice talk theme and nice sunny forest.

Not long now!

Thanks Neil, yep last two weeks and well done to you too :clap:

Back