Your Top Three Photos of 2011...

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
Well, it is that time of year again. I wanted to say five shots, but that would lead to a HUGE thread, and only a single shot isn't enough for a years worth of shooting.

They can be anything, Landscape, Street, Portrait, Motorsport. You name it, it can be one of your top 3 ;)

So mine.

1) Chernobyl. It was going to be included, but picking 1 photo out of the 500+ I took was difficult. This stands out as one of my favourites.

Pripyat Leisure Centre by Sectionate, on Flickr

2) Loom @ Cambrian Woolen Mills - included as it is to be published in a tourist book :D

Finite Detail by Sectionate, on Flickr

3) Dovercourt Sunrise - Currently resides on my living room wall in a 30" frame, looks amazing.

DSC_9281.jpg by Sectionate, on Flickr

What is yours?

3 from this year, not perfect but I enjoyed taking them.

03-09-2011.jpg

nuthatch.jpg

greattitcrop.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my favourite three (hard task to select just three from an entire year!), not stellar by any means but I've definitely some one somewhat this year:

amiecrop640.jpg

This is from my first proper shoot, and first time using off camera flash. Very happy with the result! She was too, which is an added bonus!

. by TomBroadbent, on Flickr

One from my latest trip to Scotland looking towards the Paps of Jura - I don't know what it is about this but it always strikes a chord with me.

. by TomBroadbent, on Flickr

Last one is from a rainy morning watching the British Superbikes at Oulton Park - I think I just love this for the trail of water spraying from the rear wheel. I'm going to have to get back to some more races I think!

Ace photos so far - that shot of the Chernobyl swimming pool is astonishing.

Some Excellent shots in here, maybe not my best but the ones I am most proud of :)

One of my favourite portraits, you can plan and setup all day, but luck will give you the best shot!

Charlie and Rusty by Sko77y, on Flickr

Taken hanging out a car window in the freezing cold!

Car Meet 09/10/2011 by Sko77y, on Flickr

First attempt I had at macro, its printed on a canvas on my wall :)

Guitar Bridge by Sko77y, on Flickr

Only had my camera since September, but these are my faves - not technically correct and lots of room for improvement, but they speak to me!! LOL!

DSC01021.jpg

Dennywood078.jpg

040.jpg

Great shots everyone! I really enjoyed my 2011. Here's my 3.

Helix Bridge as viewed from Skypark in Singapore

6136800479_60ef1a1b7f_z.jpg

An old icebox from the basement of Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas.

5860964673_92b1baa3e9_z.jpg

My Old Friend

6521958439_db10e7d934_z.jpg

Are they my best of the year?? I don't know, probably not, but they are the 3 that for very different reasons made me happy.

Back