OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

OH CRIKEY - I've only bleedin' gone and done it... Brand spanker from Jacobs, couldn't resist it any longer.

For use of course, with my EOS1N film camera alongside the didge.

24-70.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see there's not just me getting L lenses for on the end of film cameras ;)

Me too, ive just bought a 28-70 f2.8L and an 85mm f1.8 USM to go on my 1000fn :thinking: and maybe the digital from time to time :D

Been a while since I have bought a camera!

Olympus OM1n by [Scott], on Flickr

Managed to pick this little set up for quite a bargain!

Very nice, I had one in the 80's when I upgraded from my Zenith E.

How much of a bargain was it?

RaglanSurf said:
Very nice, I had one in the 80's when I upgraded from my Zenith E.

How much of a bargain was it?

Found it in the local paper for 50 quid!

Found it in the local paper for 50 quid!

Excellent, good deal. Looking forward to seeing the results when you put some film through it.

My turn! Arrived this morning

Oh my..she's purtty

Andy

Its in reaaaaally good condition, only little mark is underneath where the tripod goes, other than that theres not a spec of dust on it, havent tested it yet but I think everything is in order :D

OK so the additions to my Bessamatic collection continue.

This is the Dynaret 100mm f4.8 and again its from Real Cameras and its pretty minty.

Dynaret f4-8 100mm 2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Dynaret f4-8 100mm by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Also picked up a set of focar close up lenses of the bay.

Cheers

Andy

Got myself a Nikon F70/N70 for £18 delivered on ebay. It all works :)

Also bought myself a few rolls of Rollei Retro 100 film to really test it this Christmas when we are away in Cornwall.

6482754367_26cd8a56df_b.jpg

Scott, if you got that with the lens it is a real bargain.

Officially I have the 150 to complete my Mam 6 set....Yayyy

15qdjsh.jpg

But my incoming F100 has bit the dust.....Boooo

Dear John
I am dismayed to discover when I came to pack the F100 body that the shutter mechanism is damaged......blah blah blah

Canon Eos 5 :) been desperate for a canon film camera.

Managed to get one with a grip for £30. Just needs a new battery. Looking forward to getting a few shots with it soon :)

Dear John
I am dismayed to discover when I came to pack the F100 body that the shutter mechanism is damaged......blah blah blah

Dear John,

I'm dismayed to say that I was too tight to pay for a reserve on my eBay auction and because the camera didn't reach a price I find acceptable I'm going to make up some tosh about there being a fault with the camera. ;)

Dear John,

I'm dismayed to say that I was too tight to pay for a reserve on my eBay auction and because the camera didn't reach a price I find acceptable I'm going to make up some tosh about there being a fault with the camera. ;)

Bet he pays to have it 'repaired' before relisting it!

Agreed..:LOL:

All you can do is politely accept, there's no mileage in falling out..:)

Dear John
I am dismayed to discover when I came to pack the F100 body that the shutter mechanism is damaged......blah blah

Was this seller by any chance in Sutton surrey?

You should tell him you're a dab hand at camera repairs and are happy to accept it as it is because you have a faulty F100 you can use for parts.

So much for my not buying anymore film kit. :bang:

I just could not resist this outfit, bought from ebay, seller was asking £450 BIN or offers, I offered £350 and he accepted. Not cheap, but individually the bits are worth more than that price.

Whilst I have a really nice SMC-M 50mm f1.4 I do not have a decent A series lens for my Super A, I have also wanted a WLF for the LX since buying it.

So outfit consists of Mint Pentax LX with FA-1W, Grip (bit of wear on the locking screw head), WLF, 2 focusing screens, LX leather case, Pentax Accessory Case, LX strap (later type). All in outstanding condition accept for the screw head on the grip. Well Chuffed (y)

Apologies for poor image, quick snap!

NewLXOutfit.jpg

Nice one Ed - the A lens is supposed to be better than the M although I can't imagine how!

Supposedly because the M series were designed to be so small the designers had to take a few small liberties in the design which slightly reduced the optical quality but with the A series as their slightly bigger they were able to alter the design to reflect this which improved the slight deficiencies.

Just what I heard from somewhere.

A couple of recent additions from me:

First up a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16

BJG_6667.jpg

In nice condition with no bellows leaks, fungus, sticking shutter etc. Loaded up with some Provia 100F, just need to shoot something with it!

Next up is a Pentax PC35AF-M:

BJG_6666.jpg

A bit of a personal blast from the past this one as my parents had one when I was growing up. Strange really, as it has a decent reputation, and they bought some truly dreadful cameras. Remember disc cameras anyone? :eek:

I obviously don't remember them as they were released about 10 years before I was born and they disappeared mostly before as well! :LOL:

But from what I've read, Kodak shot themselves in the foot by not making it explicitly clear that you were supposed to buy and use a new 6 element enlarging lens designed for very small formats like disc when printing disc film and most labs didn't know/bother so they printed them with the current 3 element lenses designed for 110 - 35mm and the print quality was somewhat reduced as so...

It amazes me that Kodak didn't actually stop coating disc film until 1997 despite the fact that no disc cameras had been made for years!

Next up is a Pentax PC35AF-M:

A bit of a personal blast from the past this one as my parents had one when I was growing up. Strange really, as it has a decent reputation, and they bought some truly dreadful cameras. Remember disc cameras anyone? :eek:

It's certainly a blast from the past for me as we used to sell loads of them back in the 1980's. This and the Canon Sureshot were probably two of our best selling 35mm compacts, and the picture quality was certainly very good. They retailed at just under £100 back then - a fair bit of money 25 years ago.

So much for my not buying anymore film kit. :bang:

I just could not resist this outfit, bought from ebay, seller was asking £450 BIN or offers, I offered £350 and he accepted. Not cheap, but individually the bits are worth more than that price.

Whilst I have a really nice SMC-M 50mm f1.4 I do not have a decent A series lens for my Super A, I have also wanted a WLF for the LX since buying it.

So outfit consists of Mint Pentax LX with FA-1W, Grip (bit of wear on the locking screw head), WLF, 2 focusing screens, LX leather case, Pentax Accessory Case, LX strap (later type). All in outstanding condition accept for the screw head on the grip. Well Chuffed (y)

Apologies for poor image, quick snap!

NewLXOutfit.jpg

Lovely camera,build like a tank :)

Just added an Pentax MX & 50mm F1.8.

Also don't know whether to fix my broken Nikon F5,needs a new mirror box,last quote I got was £200 :(

A very tidy Canon 199a Speedlite also appeared last week to partner my A-1. In nearly mint condition complete with wide angle adapter, case and original instruction manual. Nice!

New toy arrived Friday. Had to wait till Sunday to get out and use but I'm delighted with it.
Shen Hao TZ45IIB
6536365341_511cc72dc4_z.jpg
[/url] shen-1 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

That's a very nice looking camera Mart, I've finally just got round to putting some film through my Toyo. I look forward to seeing your shots.

Back