rpn's 2011 Project 52 + Bonus Nature Added ***FINISH***

Hiya Stan,

Love the light shot .... very festive and great composition.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Well here I present my photo number 52 for this year's challenge. Not quite yet the last as there's still the bonus shot to take and I'm hoping to do that tomorrow.

Week 52 - Glass

W52Glass.jpg

Here’s my final image for my 2011 Project 52 Challenge.

I was thinking to myself, well; end of the challenge and end of the year too but also start of another and a new beginning. So I decided to get up early this morning and head down to the beach for a sunrise shot to depict a new day and a new beginning.

rpn 2011 Project 52 Challenge - Bonus ‘Nature’

BonusNature.jpg

What a year it has been for my photographic experiment and what a ride it was to be on the 52 Project. Lots of ups :) and also downs :( too.

Firstly I must say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you fellow 2011 52’ers for all your motivations, contributions, critique and comments and also well done to all the finishers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think we started with something like 180 and only 7 make it to this far! Come on Tina and Mark we are all cheering you on to the finishing line. :clap:

It's been a real pleasure to ‘meet’ you all to exchange thoughts, ideas and also helps along the way in learning and developing my photography skills and knowledge.

There were a few themes that I found quite difficult and challenging and losing my mojo over them; Hidden, Divided, Delicate and Moderation to name but a few. However, there were a few that I liked and enjoyed too, Blur, Power, Pair, Light 1 and 2 and Promise for example.

The one highlight of the year for me was the Paradox theme. It took me a while to come up with the idea. After I posted the shot that I was happy with Dawn came along with comments. Not only that, she also reprocessed the shot (cropped and slight HDR). Wow what a different between my original and her enhanced shots and from then on I begin to self critique more. Not just the post process stage but also in-camera composition and settings etc. Thanks Dawn you are a STAR. :love: :hug2:

Hi ya Stan.....woohooo...you've made it...Congratulations mister... (y)

Like your idea for Glass , love the colors of the window & the darker surrounds & you've done really well to not blow the light coming through the glass :clap: Just 1 slight niggle ....think it's an optical conclusion but it doesn' appear straight....think it's the walls to either side that do it....maybe crop closer to the window on both sides ? cos the bottom looks straight ?

As for your Nature shot....WOW....LOVE everything about it....fantastic colors , fab reflection in the wet sand.....on to a canvas & on to the wall....superb way to finish your challenge :clap::clap:

Thanks for all your help & encouragement over the last year , best of luck for 2012 & onwards & look forward to seeing more of your images ...OH YES....& wishing you a Very Happy New Year (y)

Hiya Stan that sunrise looks beautiful. A big well.done for finishing this project. It has been great and I have enjoyed following your project. All ghe best for 2012 and I look foward to seeing your pics in the future.

Thanks Michael for the kind words and a Happy New Year to you.

Hi ya Stan.....woohooo...you've made it...Congratulations mister... (y)

Like your idea for Glass , love the colors of the window & the darker surrounds & you've done really well to not blow the light coming through the glass :clap: Just 1 slight niggle ....think it's an optical conclusion but it doesn' appear straight....think it's the walls to either side that do it....maybe crop closer to the window on both sides ? cos the bottom looks straight ?

As for your Nature shot....WOW....LOVE everything about it....fantastic colors , fab reflection in the wet sand.....on to a canvas & on to the wall....superb way to finish your challenge :clap::clap:

Thanks for all your help & encouragement over the last year , best of luck for 2012 & onwards & look forward to seeing more of your images ...OH YES....& wishing you a Very Happy New Year (y)

Hi Lynne,

I know what you mean about the straightness, however the bottom and the right hand wall seem to be OK. Must be the camera wasn't 'square' on the window. :thinking:

I was lucky enough this morning on the weather front to get a nice clear sky for the sunrise shot.

A Happy New Year to you too and looking forward to more of you photos in the future. (y)

Hiya Stan,

A huge congratulations on successfully completing your 2011 Photo52 :clap::clap::clap:

I especially love the 'Nature' shot .... what a stunning sunrise, and good on you for getting up early to capture same. A lovely ending to a fantastic project. It is a photo that definitely needs printing, framing and hanging on the wall.

For 'Glass' I agree with the comments Lynne made. I have found that it is not always possible to get an exact horizontal/vertical alignment of same because the actual frame/building is not perfectly straight .... so even if you had been 'square' on as you say ... there would have still been something slightly out.

Also, there are so many different lines surrounding the glass, i.e., the lines between the stone wall, the shadows on the right and the leading lines on the left. What I would have probably done, using same photo is as follows .... just an example (and I will edit to remove this image if you wish .... as it is at the end of your project):

6602694959_1ba3787308.jpg
[/url]
W52Glass by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Indeed this has been a fantastic learning experience, and thank you for your compliments and high praise .... you are most welcome regards the edits of Paradox.

I have thoroughly enjoyed following your progress and have learned so much from same too.

Once again, well done, thanks for your continued support and encouragement too.

All the best for the New Year!

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi, Stan, big :clap::clap: for finishing the project.

Light, nice one. I did a similar take but it wasn't to be. What I like about it, is that it could be 2 inches or 20 meters high. :clap:

Glass, hmmm, the over exposed areas and an issue for me. I do like the sense of mystery...what's going on behind the glass.

Nature, I saw this on Flickr and liked it straight away. Great light and lovely colours.

Cheers...

Back