weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

Another good take on the theme Liz, no2 also for me.
Not listened to any Iron Maiden for a long time, you tube here i come. lol

Like both, think #1 at the moment. Good take on the theme.

Cant believe how many have been posted already. Must crack on :)

I think I'm following you around tonight Alex!!:)

I also prefer no1, I like that it is darker and fits into the song title better, not sure if the skulls on the second take my eyes away from the words!!

Well done Liz!

Great job on the two weeks so far, prefer number 1 in both myself. The weather vane against the blue is a good look for me. The light at the bottom of fear #2 is a tad off putting.

wardie

Thanks for all your comments so far, hopefully I'm going to reshoot this tonight with another variation

Hi Liz....1# for me :clap:...can't explain why ,just prefer the color though the thingy ( torch?) to the right seems a little odd ? Iron Maiden....belting band ...you've got me started now...off to put Run to the Hills on :LOL:

Direction : I'm torn between them Liz... I love that blue colour in the first one... but I really like the mono... either way... nicely done.

Fear : The first works... but I prefer the second one... I think it's more fitting for the theme.

Hi Liz, thought I would come and comment on your thread seeing as you were kind enough to comment on mine. I know it's been said before but I think that my other half would disown me if I tried to comment on everyone's thread. Lol

Direction - I really like the first shot, the background works well.

Fear - I think your second shot works better than you first due to the torch being visible although it may work better if the torch was a little more subtle. Maybe you could have tried a little light painting to pick out the torches body. :shrug: just a thought.

Look forward to rest of your challenge.

Hi Liz
Good e.g. of theme on the first - prefer the colour as it seems to have more depth to me. I have a similar shot taken against a grey sky and it was hard to get any depth.

#2. Like a lot, particularly the first. Again, to me it is more subtle, has greater depth. The fold(?) in the card(?) encompasses the words better and seems to funnel down as the width of the text reduces and it becomes more out of focus. I agree that the torch is hard to identify but that would just have been a matter of reposition and reshoot? Also like how the word 'behind' refelcts in the torch barrel.

when i saw the theme yesterday, i thought B****r what the hell do i shoot for this, but it came to me today so i thought a bit of fun with the nifty fifty which hasn't been out for a while, and one all the ladies will relate to if they hate it like me, everyweek i do it and at the end let out a huge sigh and say thank god thats done, well it goes two fold this week, because i've manged the shot as well:LOL::LOL::LOL:

2 again for you

sigh 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

#2 slightly different angle

sigh2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Liz, great take on this weeks difficult theme. No2 for me as the folded clothes run into the great reflection. Well done

Great idea for this weeks theme Liz! Number 2 for me also, as the small bit of visible cord in the top one distracts a little (y)

just the thought of that makes me sigh... tighter crop is better I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, for the comments think the tighter crop works for me as well

Definitely gets a big sigh from me so thats why I avoid it at all costs!! Good thinking and interpretation of the theme (feel like I may be saying that a bit this week).

The reflection in the iron is very clear and a makes it a different.

Last edited:
Definitely gets a big sigh from me so thats why I avoid it at all costs!! Good thinking and interpretation of the themem (fel like I may be saying that a bit this week).

The reflection in the iron is very clear and a makes it a different.

Thanks Alex, i think i've pulled off what i wanted to which was a play with reflections and depth of field.

Yep, definitely sigh worthy that! Great use of reflections and depth of field too!

Hi Liz,

No2 for me with the crop and reflections using the base.
Great shot.

Chris

Nice take on sigh. #2 for me as well, there's many a sigh in my house when it's time for the iron to come out! :)

thanks everyone, i have to take my shot on the weekend because i know if i don't i'll struggle to get it done

My wife knows that sigh only to well, nice work with reflections.

Thanks Darren, never has the bottom of my iron been so clean:LOL::LOL:

Loving the 'Sigh' interpretation. Exactly my thoughts when faced with a pile of ironing!

Really creative use of the reflection and the point of focus. I think I prefer the second version as less of the bar code sticker is on show.

Last edited:
good idea for sigh, also the steam sounds like a sigh, maybe? I LOVE ironing ha ha (I know) but it gives me immense satisfaction to iron out creases (hold on ladies, don't send me all yours lol)

anyway, I can see what you've done with the reflection but the OOF iron looks weird to me. I will try it myself to see how it works before I judge it though :)

Liz, apologies for not visiting your thread earlier, there are so many to get round.

Direction, a nice simple take on the theme but very well executed. I too prefer the colour version, lovely sharp silhouette against the clear blue sky really works.

Fear, another good take on the theme, my preference with this one is #1, the torch in the #2 is a little distracting.

Sigh, :LOL: a fun image for this week, although not so much fun doing the ironing eh? I like the composition of the second one, the stripes in the clothes giving a good lead in.

Great start to your 52, I shall look in again now I have found your thread. Iain

Hi Lizzy,

Good start, No3 hit home for me as my mrs cannot iron so its left for me, thinking about it, i could of used that for the first three weeks hahaha.

Matt

Good interpretation, and it works very nicely. Good play with the reflections, the second works better, as the pile of clothes miss the steam vent. Good DOF

Great take on the theme, made me sigh as it reminded me i need to iron my uniform for tomorrow..

Another vote for #2, really like the DOF

Sigh: Love the interpretation and know exactly what you mean. I prefer no. 2 because it just takes the chord out of shot but like the way the completed pile is reflected in the iron.

Back