weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Direction : An interesting idea... I like the image, and with the explanation it fits nicely.

Fear : Spot on... works superbly in mono.
Thanks John... Fear certainly looked better mono, it brought the expression out in the eyes more imo :)

Really like both your images, the first was well controlled, thanks Mandy
Cheers Many... Controlled is unusual for me :D

Fear is absolutely brilliant.
How did you manage to persuade her to pose for that? I know at that age I would never have faced a camera unless my make-up was perfect . . . maybe you really did threaten to confiscate her laptop :cautious:
She is a natural I think, she loves doing this sort of stuff, she will be coming on local meets to pose for us as soon as I give her the opportunity - Bless :D

As said a great take on the theme, and just that minor niggle with the blur being in only one hand.
For my tastes I think that her eyes could stand a little more sharpening in PP and I'd like a little contrast boost, but since nobody else has mentioned it maybe it's just me :shrug:
Thanks Sarah, that's a great reply. I agree with your points on the Hands and Sharpness to eyes, I did Sharpen them as much as I could before it was detrimental to the rest of the image, I am new to PP too so not sure how to selectively sharpen :help:

As for contrast, not tried that, I will give it a go - Thanks again (y)

My turn to stop by,,,,

Direction, nicely taken, the colours are sharp and like how it all ties in,

Fear,,, i can just hear her screaming no Dad!!!!
Cheers Lizzy, I'd never hear the end of it if I did... well in truth she may stop making me puddings :D

I like this 'sigh' :)

For me, I'd crop it a bit tighter and lose the legs. Good DoF. Well done (y)

Hi there DK my first time stopping by so here goes!
Direction - I like the thought process in this one a unique take on the theme as far as I have seen. Think it could maybe do with a less speaker more mp3 however :shrug:
Fear - that's a great shot and bang in theme. A hard expression to capture I'm guessing.
Sigh - another great take on the theme and nicely composed. The addition of the legs works well IMO.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your challenge

Hi DK,

Still trying to get around all the 52s. I'm really enjoying your work so far.

Direction: really good take and great composition.
Fear: very good expression and I think that's a great interoperation of the theme,
Sigh: Really tough subject this week and this did make me laugh. The DoF is pretty good too. Works for me as a theme....

Nice work DK (y)

Fear...I know that face :D B&W was nice touch. For me the eyes say fear, but the mouth doesn't. I've done similar and this acting malarky is hhaarrdd:shake:

Sigh...love it, really, very well done. Bang on theme and, been there myself. Liking the composition, perspective and the inclusion of the red was a super touch.

Cheers.

Has my daughter been living with you then !!! , I'm thinking of buying shares in Andrex...

Steve

Excellent :)
Unlike the Oakster I think I'd like to see a bit more leg (in the picture!)

fantastic idea.

Hi Stephen, 3 really good weeks.
Direction, great use of depth of field.
Fear- bang on the theme, expression says it all.
Sigh- really well thought out, think the leg works and like it as it is. Superb

Wow... lots of visits today - Thanks Guys

I like this 'sigh' :)

For me, I'd crop it a bit tighter and lose the legs. Good DoF. Well done (y)
Hi Ben glad you like it

Believe me I tried every position possible, I'm not sure what was more frequent going up and down the knickers or me up the ladder :D

In the end I preferred it with the leg and small splash of Red :)

Good one DK, that hits the spot :D
With only one square left it wouldn't hit much else :D

lol: Now that is very well thought out. :LOL:
Cheers Alby... Glad it gave you a chuckle :D

Hi there DK my first time stopping by so here goes!
Direction - I like the thought process in this one a unique take on the theme as far as I have seen. Think it could maybe do with a less speaker more mp3 however :shrug:
Fear - that's a great shot and bang in theme. A hard expression to capture I'm guessing.
Sigh - another great take on the theme and nicely composed. The addition of the legs works well IMO.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your challenge
Hi Phil, cheers for popping in and for the great feedback. my Direction pic has received the most comments composition wise, so I certainly think I will re-visit one day and see what else comes to mind (y)

Hi DK,

Still trying to get around all the 52s. I'm really enjoying your work so far.

Direction: really good take and great composition.
Fear: very good expression and I think that's a great interoperation of the theme,
Sigh: Really tough subject this week and this did make me laugh. The DoF is pretty good too. Works for me as a theme....

Nice work DK (y)
Hi Nick, many thanks for the great feedback and comments, i'm glad you got a laugh out of 'Sigh' the wife and I certainly did trying to stage it :D

Me likes this one, very well thought out.
Cheers Darren (y)

Fear...I know that face :D B&W was nice touch. For me the eyes say fear, but the mouth doesn't. I've done similar and this acting malarky is hhaarrdd:shake:

Sigh...love it, really, very well done. Bang on theme and, been there myself. Liking the composition, perspective and the inclusion of the red was a super touch.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy, you aint wrong about the acting malarky, certainly not my cup of tea EVER

Glad you like the spot of colour after varying degrees of leg amounts this seemed just about right and not too distracting from the main subject... the loo roll :D

Has my daughter been living with you then !!! , I'm thinking of buying shares in Andrex...

Steve
:LOL: Thanks Steve

Excellent :)
Unlike the Oakster I think I'd like to see a bit more leg (in the picture!)

fantastic idea.
Thanks Stephen... don't we all at times, don't we all (y)

Hi Stephen, 3 really good weeks.
Direction, great use of depth of field.
Fear- bang on the theme, expression says it all.
Sigh- really well thought out, think the leg works and like it as it is. Superb
Nice One... Thanks for the great comments Steve

and THANKS again everybody for popping in and spending the time commenting - Greatly appreciated :ty:

Last edited:
Hi DK,

Hee, hee that did make me chuckle, a great interpretation of this weeks theme! I wouldn't change a single thing about it. Well shot, well composed, well done.

Carol

A cheeky :LOL: take on this weeks theme Dean.
I like your thinking on this one, I agree the leg and splash of colour really work within the image. Good start to your 52 (y)

Having just read that back before submitting, 'cheeky' and 'splash' for a toilet photograph was unintended but I'll leave them in :LOL:

Excellent I think love the DOF in this and the sharpness of the loo roll but think you need the lose the legs.
Must have been a bit tight in there if they are not your legs :LOL:

Sigh - Another great idea. Personally I like the legs - after all, an empty loo roll really only bothers you if don't notice until it's too late.

A cheeky :LOL: take on this weeks theme Dean.
I like your thinking on this one, I agree the leg and splash of colour really work within the image. Good start to your 52 (y)

Having just read that back before submitting, 'cheeky' and 'splash' for a toilet photograph was unintended but I'll leave them in :LOL:
Hahaaaa :D

Cheers Iain, I appreciate that coming from you

Excellent I think love the DOF in this and the sharpness of the loo roll but think you need the lose the legs.
Must have been a bit tight in there if they are not your legs :LOL:
TIGHT... that is understatement and a half, nearly burnt my head on the downlighter too

Sigh - Another great idea. Personally I like the legs - after all, an empty loo roll really only bothers you if don't notice until it's too late.
Spot on Nathalie... if spotted before you sit down and drop your smalls you don't get the sigh :D

Cheers again for spending the time to comment :)

Neat interpretation; that's one thing that can be guaranteed to make you sigh!

I like your red knickers too; do you have a matching bra!!!!!?????

Neat interpretation; that's one thing that can be guaranteed to make you sigh!

I like your red knickers too; do you have a matching bra!!!!!?????
Maybe :naughty: :D

A great idea! Very good pic for the theme.

Thanks Mark and Michael... this weeks was a real toughie so getting positive comments makes all the humming and haring worth it - THANKS :)

Direction - I like the link to the stars. I actually like the mp3 played being partially in the frame
Fear - I loving this. The look on your daughter's face is great. Probably the same as our 16 year old son if we took his away as well :LOL:

Well done with your SIGH shot and yes we have all been there especially in Public toilets. Lovely pic and im not even going to comment on the knickers

I like your direction shot, the blue screen really draws the eye!

Fear :LOL: this is me if some one DARES to take my iPhone!

I think the empty loo roll image is well thought out. I think there should be either a touch more leg so you can see that it is legs, or cropped out all together!

Direction - I like the link to the stars. I actually like the mp3 played being partially in the frame
Fear - I loving this. The look on your daughter's face is great. Probably the same as our 16 year old son if we took his away as well :LOL:
Thanks Peter... they sure get attached to them don't they :D

Well done with your SIGH shot and yes we have all been there especially in Public toilets. Lovely pic and im not even going to comment on the knickers
Hahaaaaa Cheers Daryl :)

I like your direction shot, the blue screen really draws the eye!

Fear :LOL: this is me if some one DARES to take my iPhone!

I think the empty loo roll image is well thought out. I think there should be either a touch more leg so you can see that it is legs, or cropped out all together!
Thanks Marsha... by the sounds of it nobody would dare take your phone :LOL:

As for the Sigh shot, I did try a few with more leg, but any additional red began to take the main focus off the loo roll :)

I missed Sigh for some reason last night. It definitely made me smile. Nicely taken as well.
Thanks again (y)

Hahahaha im still laughing at the 'sigh' photo, so true in my house. BRILLIANT.

Great photo's all round mate.

Matt(ROFL)

Shhhhhhhhh.... 'Sweet' Dreams.... My 9 day young nephew 'Harry' in the land of nod :)

Quite a toughie this week, with me not wanting to go down the confectionery route has made idea's few and far between... I may come up with another later in the week :)

Took this on Saturday afternoon.......

Wk4 - 'Sweet' Dreams by TP DK..., on Flickr

Thanks for looking in.... Please don't slam the door on your way out ;)

9 days ! wow, doesn't get much sweeter than that DK, surprised you can find the time !
Best pic I have seen this week on the theme :)

Great addition with the sweet photo. I was also debating not going down the confectionery route but i couldn't turn down the opportunity of free sweets and chocolate.

Matt

Now that is sweet personified! Great shot!

Back