weekly Bilko's 52 for 2012 - Week 48 Shadow Added

Week 3 Sigh.

I was going to use a picture I took Saturday morning, but as that came out before the theme was released, I didn't use it.

I used this instead. The sight greeting me when I looked out the window this morning and a sight that makes me sigh. Rain.

It's not good, but the best I could do.

52for12sigh by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

That does the trick, and it's a nice image. Most of these sigh ones need an explanation, but yours works very very well.

Excellent start to your 52.

Week 1, an excellent interpretation of the theme. Week 2, both cracking shots but just slightly favouring the one with noise. Week 3 is definitely my favourite so far :)

Hi Robert,

Just found your thread and am so glad I did!

Direction, like this idea, you've captured it very well.
Fear, very good interpretation of the theme, like the b&w version too.
Sigh, I love the simplicity of this shot, well done.

Look forward to your week 4.

Carol

Fit the theme really well... Really like this shot!

Direction - Works well for me especially with the addition of the sign post

Fear - Well seen. Fits the theme well.

Sigh - That's a cracking shot. You've caught the raindrops really nicely.

Hi, there. Sigh..nice minimal take on the theme. I'd like to see a small border and I'm not sure if the focus is slightly out or not :thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks again for the comments, they genuinely help keep me on course to try harder.

I get that feeling of OOF Andy. I like the larger border, but for the Sweet theme I'll make it smaller.

Thanks again. :)

Really like the simplicity of your sigh shot; really evoked the memory of our first family camping trip and looking out the skylight and seeing the rain collecting on it.

Fear works too; I really like those murals and the impact they have on the skyline. Could have photographed them all day last time I was in Derry.

All the best with your 52.

Spooks

Hi,

Love the lips and sugar photo, I was going to do the same with my mrs but i kind of new some one else would do the same, its a great shot and i think it would benefit from some colour splash just on the lips and the rest B&W

Matt

Sigh, simple... I like it...

Sweet : excellent idea, I really like it.

Another thread i seem to have over looked :thinking:

Direction - a great photo and spot on for the theme

Fear - a very thought provoking shot and spot on for the theme, maybe cut the half a head off completely and maybe a little less of the street! Great shot though

Sigh - very simple and something we can all relate to!

Sweet - a nice take on the theme and well executed

good luck on the rest of your 52

wardie

Wow I LOVE sweet! Did she take much persuading?

1. - Nice shot with good motion blur
2. - Good link to theme but could possibly do with a slightly different crop
3. - Simple but effective and needs no explanation
4. - See 3.

Def a good start to the project.

A fantastic take on the Sweet theme, definitely the best idea of all (Have to say that cause I did an almost identical shot Sunday morning for the theme to :LOL:, Great minds think alike)

HI Robert

fab shot for Sweet....great detail in the sugar & a fab idea...:clap:

Sigh.....yup...right on theme...nice n simple yet effective (y)

keep up the good work mister :)

Hi Robert, I'm playing catch up. Sorry for not popping in last week.

Sigh certainly works for me, especially as I know I will be working out in it.

Sweet, love the idea, colour and sharpness of the image.

Another cracking couple of weeks from you :)

Thanks again for the comments.

Week 5 Secure.

I had a couple of things in mind for this theme, but the one that means the most is this one. My Son's hand in Mine. When he's holding my hand, it makes me feel secure. I've had some serious issues over the last number of years and without my Son, I'm nothing.

Week 5 Secure by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good on you for benefiting from the support of your son, excellent idea well executed (y)

Week 3 Sigh.

I was going to use a picture I took Saturday morning, but as that came out before the theme was released, I didn't use it.

I used this instead. The sight greeting me when I looked out the window this morning and a sight that makes me sigh. Rain.

It's not good, but the best I could do.

52for12sigh by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Spot on theme and a pretty good shot I think.

I got my significant other to add some sugar to her lips. Then added some effect with Topaz in PS.

week4sweet by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Looks a little cool for me, like the idea though.

I'm not sure that you're too close there though, I only want to see the lips and sugar not every follicle ;)

Thanks again for the comments.

Week 5 Secure.

I had a couple of things in mind for this theme, but the one that means the most is this one. My Son's hand in Mine. When he's holding my hand, it makes me feel secure. I've had some serious issues over the last number of years and without my Son, I'm nothing.

week5secure by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Works for me. Well exposed and I like the square crop.

Great idea. Great DoF (y)

For me it may be better if the hands were twsted around more so that the back of your hand is at the front with his little fingers creeping around or his hand being at the front could work too. It may not work but it may be worth trying.

It looks a bit light on my laptop too but that may just be my screen.

Back