weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

You're a sod, and its about time you had another trip home to gods County for another meet, away to have a look at the dog in earmuffs:p:p:p:p

I've got quite a few trips planned up north, but they are very brief visits, and I simply won't have time for any meets.....I've got a wedding booking in Leeds in August, and might turn that trip in to a long weekend so will try and sort something out!! ;)

Really like your sweet pictures. They really make me hungry!

I like the secure picture of the grills best.

The safe is a good option but a bit of a tight crop and maybe a bit light.
I like the window bars but here I would crop a bit off the left to get rid of the lampost etc.
The CCTV monitor doesn't appeal to me.

Sweet - I prefer the composition of #1. I'm hungry now.

Secure - I like the idea behind #2. I might have been tempted to crop in on just the first window. I didn't use them but I also took some shots of a safe at work. This one doesn't open though - nobody had has the combination for at least the last 4 years I've been there.

The safe is a good option but a bit of a tight crop and maybe a bit light.
I like the window bars but here I would crop a bit off the left to get rid of the lampost etc.
The CCTV monitor doesn't appeal to me.

Tried the crop on the window and it looked wrong to me, just very thin and narrow.

Thanks for all the comments hopefully will have a better week on the next theme

Hi, Liz, #1's a bit bright on my screen and it feels a bit close. Secure for sure and a cracking safe.

#2, best for me. I like the low perspective. #3 is secure indeed.

Cheers.

Hi, Liz, #1's a bit bright on my screen and it feels a bit close. Secure for sure and a cracking safe.

Cheers.

Cracking safe or is that safe cracking ! - I really like your 'secure' safe image it works really well as a theme. I like the tonal range too (y)

Nice set of pics..like ya buns Hmmmm!! The old safe is quality, like how you've made the photo look old aswell..:)

#2 for me - I like the perspective and the way it leads your eye through the picture.

What a shame that old safe is being boarded up!!

i need the room for something else:):) its actually at work and there is a reason for it being close, theres 2 more mdern safes either side and i didn't want them in, i dread to think how much money was in there when the bakery was owned by asians:eek::eek:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, that maybe the pp wanted to make it look like an old washed out photo

Cracking safe or is that safe cracking ! - I really like your 'secure' safe image it works really well as a theme. I like the tonal range too (y)

Thanks Nick, wasn't really up for it this week, so am pleased how they came out

Nice set of pics..like ya buns Hmmmm!! The old safe is quality, like how you've made the photo look old aswell..:)

Thanks Neil and welcome to TP, are you joining in?

Can I order 4 dozen no.1 cakes please, and I'll keep them in the wild wild west safe :) Nice. :)

Can I order 4 dozen no.1 cakes please, and I'll keep them in the wild wild west safe :) Nice. :)

i'll tell you where you can buy them if the customer decides to list them, thanks

thanks for your comments folks, its Saturday and looking forward to the next theme now:):):)

Hi,

Week 4 great addition. I really like the safe in week 5, works really well in B&W.

Safe yo

Matt

Thanks Matt

The food industry in this country employs over a million people and is the largest manufacturing sector of them all accounting for 15% of all manufacturing, its an industry i've been in for the last 20 years in different sectors currently i'm in bakery so this was a no brainer for me, couldn't pick which one so theres 4

Industry 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Industry 2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

industry 3 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

industry 4 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Hi, Lizzy, hhmmm...#3 or #4 :thinking:

#3 for me. Nice and simple. I'd like to see a crop to just below the dark area at the top and it's a real pity there wasn't a bun in the right hand container...I feel, with the crop, it would have taken it up a level.

I might even have a go at an edit.

Cheers.

#3 gets my vote too Liz. The others work well too, especially the more colourful ones. The only one i am not so keen on is the machinery one but other than that some good work there with a nice range which I could see work well in an industry magazine/brochure. Iain

Hi, Lizzy, hhmmm...#3 or #4 :thinking:

#3 for me. Nice and simple. I'd like to see a crop to just below the dark area at the top and it's a real pity there wasn't a bun in the right hand container...I feel, with the crop, it would have taken it up a level.

I might even have a go at an edit.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy have probably got one with a bun in the tin, as its travelling, i purposely kept the dark in, but then again i understand the context, its coming out of the oven, as a stand alone i can see why you'd want to lose it

#3 gets my vote too Liz. The others work well too, especially the more colourful ones. The only one i am not so keen on is the machinery one but other than that some good work there with a nice range which I could see work well in an industry magazine/brochure. Iain

Thanks Iain i think thats why i left the icing one in, for the colours, just a pity the robot was broken (again)

It's no 3 for me too Lizzy, like the colours in no 1 as well but it's the dof in no3 which i really like.

ooooh and i love cakes with icing:)

Carol

Another vote for #3 Lizzy, #1 does look tasty though :D

It's no 3 for me too Lizzy, like the colours in no 1 as well but it's the dof in no3 which i really like.

ooooh and i love cakes with icing:)

Carol

Another vote for #3 Lizzy, #1 does look tasty though :D

Looks like 3 then, away to see if i have one with all the trays full:)

After taking on board whats been said i've found another one where all the trays are full and theres not as much of a dark patch see what you think

Industry Buns by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Now it is the last shot I like best :LOL: The full tray is better. ;)

Now it is the last shot I like best :LOL: The full tray is better. ;)

it does work better doesn't it, i was worried with that one that it was a bit boring

Perfect! Bang on theme. And tasty too. Great DOF.

Liked secure too, dont know where last week went. Pretty much missed it and only just got my inspiration on Friday!!

Thanks Alex, seem to have got my enthusiasm back this week, i shot 80 photos off in the factory, kept seeing other bits that i thought would make good images

I'm liking your take on the theme this week. Mmmmmmm cakes!!!!! All of your shots work well IMO. My favourite is no.2. I like the unorganised randomness (is that a word ???? Lol) of the cakes on the organised stacks of trays. The colour contrast also works well. :clap:

I'm liking your take on the theme this week. Mmmmmmm cakes!!!!! All of your shots work well IMO. My favourite is no.2. I like the unorganised randomness (is that a word ???? Lol) of the cakes on the organised stacks of trays. The colour contrast also works well. :clap:

Thanks Phil, thats why i couldn't decide i like the colours on that, its actually a spiral cooler that i've shot from the side goes about 20ft up, but i hadn't got a wide enough lens with me to get anymore in

Back