weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Hi Carol, I think your right yeah... both hands would have been better, but my butt was tight up against the nursery wall :D I was testing my 100 macro on portraits for the first time, couldn't get further back

Hee, hee DK, the thought of you squeezed up against the wall taking photos made me chuckle! I've been eyeing up macro lenses recently, what one did you get? It sure looks like it's a good one.

Carol

Hee, hee DK, the thought of you squeezed up against the wall taking photos made me chuckle! I've been eyeing up macro lenses recently, what one did you get? It sure looks like it's a good one.

Carol
Glad it gave you a chuckle :D

I got the EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM - A fantastic lens for sure :) I'm glad I stretched for the 2,8

What have you been looking at??

Hi DK, been looking at the Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG macro but something held me back from buying it . From what i've picked up from my research so far i think you'd have to be really close to the subject with this one, but it does seem to be a decent lens. Have also been looking at the Canon EF 100mm F2.8 macro USM. Still doing my research on this one and will probs bide my time till i'm a bit more experienced at photography but my gut feeling is that 100mm be better. Don't want to make a costly mistake so i'm gonna wait till i'm sure of what i want.

Was very impressed by your portrait with your lens interesting that it was taken with a 100mm lens....maybe my instincts are right after all?

Will be looking for some macro shots from you....no pressure! Lol

Enjoy

Carol

Works for me, especially alongside the broken gate ... I often see rocks etc blocking entrance ways and the like, I guess preventing travellers and the like.

Hi DK, been looking at the Sigma 50mm f2.8 EX DG macro but something held me back from buying it . From what i've picked up from my research so far i think you'd have to be really close to the subject with this one, but it does seem to be a decent lens. Have also been looking at the Canon EF 100mm F2.8 macro USM. Still doing my research on this one and will probs bide my time till i'm a bit more experienced at photography but my gut feeling is that 100mm be better. Don't want to make a costly mistake so i'm gonna wait till i'm sure of what i want.

Was very impressed by your portrait with your lens interesting that it was taken with a 100mm lens....maybe my instincts are right after all?

Will be looking for some macro shots from you....no pressure! Lol

Enjoy

Carol
Hahaaaaa... no pressure at all :help:

I read up on that sigma 50... a very good lens by all accounts. I would certainly recommend taking your time choosing (y)

Nice work Dean (y)
I like the composition on this, the broken gate beside the more secure large log presents a good contrast.
I like the narrow crop you've taken here too, just a shame about the bright sky but not a lot can be done with that. Keep up the good work. Iain

Hey DK, good shot for secure fella (y)
Thanks Simon :)

Nice work Dean (y)
I like the composition on this, the broken gate beside the more secure large log presents a good contrast.
I like the narrow crop you've taken here too, just a shame about the bright sky but not a lot can be done with that. Keep up the good work. Iain
Cheers Iain - appreciated :)

Now that's a secure photo if I ever saw one. Very nice shot DK
Thanks Darren :)

Well i suppose thats cheaper & more secure than a new gate...

Steve
Very true Steve - Cheaper but god damn heavier :D

Thanks for the comments Guys (y)

Hi DK, Sincere apologies for not getting to your 52 sooner. I love the different take you have given to the themes. "Direction" has a great composition and DOF. Fear was really striking with another great take on the word. Sweet was perfect! And "secure" was really well executed. Can't wait for industry.(y)

Hi DK, Sincere apologies for not getting to your 52 sooner. I love the different take you have given to the themes. "Direction" has a great composition and DOF. Fear was really striking with another great take on the word. Sweet was perfect! And "secure" was really well executed. Can't wait for industry.(y)
Cheers for popping along and commenting Rob, amazed you have the time with your Alien Adventure - Thanks for the compliments, appreciated :)

like your take on secure, no one is going to move that bit of wood in a hurry!!
Hey Neil... you aint wrong, Thanks :)

Hi DK

Secure....yup..on theme...different take which is good...think all crit has been mentioned so(y)

Niceone DK I do love long exposure night shots. And I think the yellow tinge to the lights just works on this image, it adds to the industrial feel to me. Not sure why but well done and keep it up :)

A good shot there DK. The star effect on the lights is great did you use a star filter. My only niggle is the space to the right of the building. I think the image would have looked bettering had you panned to the left so that the building was in the right of the shot. Just my opinion of course. :shrug:

Absolutely superb this, the yellow lighting really works as do the star bursts on the lights and you have got the crop spot on. :clap:

Picky bit for me the pole at the bottom left maybe clone it out or straighten up in prospective

Like the night shoot also, I wasn't brave enough to venture out in the cold for a night try, so well done.

Niceone DK I do love long exposure night shots. And I think the yellow tinge to the lights just works on this image, it adds to the industrial feel to me. Not sure why but well done and keep it up :)
Thanks Ben... for the positive comments and encouragement - I needed it after being on a North Sea Sea-Front taking them pics... I was FREEZING :D

A good shot there DK. The star effect on the lights is great did you use a star filter. My only niggle is the space to the right of the building. I think the image would have looked bettering had you panned to the left so that the building was in the right of the shot. Just my opinion of course. :shrug:
Hey Phil :) I think you may be onto something there, there is pipework in that right section, but it is so minimal loosing it could be good - I'll give it a go :)

Absolutely superb this, the yellow lighting really works as do the star bursts on the lights and you have got the crop spot on. :clap:

Picky bit for me the pole at the bottom left maybe clone it out or straighten up in prospective
Hi Trevor, thanks for the great Comments - as per above, I actually agree with your niggle, I'll clone that out along with the new crop too :)

Like the night shoot also, I wasn't brave enough to venture out in the cold for a night try, so well done.
Hey Gramps... it was damn cold out there :)

Thanks all for taking the time to comment... I'm going to check a few others out then do a quick pp as per suggestions (y)

Sorry... missed this bit, nope I didn't, no filters at all, just a nice long exposure :)

Secure, well I would say that's secure, good spot and would be well worth a visit with some better light and you could have a cracking wall hanger shot.

Industry is good, I think it would have benefited from a bit more smoke on the long exposure but beggars cant be choosers.

good work and hope to see you next week.

ohhh I love the way you've made the lights twinkle :clap:

Very industrial! Possibly not he most original take on the theme, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's what's important anyway; it's about he photography after all, and his is a gret shot :)

The the crop works, much better(y)

I finally got my industry done! Phew, roll on tomorrow!
THanks Marsha - I think so too, is strange how we don't notice these things untill pointed out :)

I'll pop and see yours in a mo

Secure, well I would say that's secure, good spot and would be well worth a visit with some better light and you could have a cracking wall hanger shot.

Industry is good, I think it would have benefited from a bit more smoke on the long exposure but beggars cant be choosers.

good work and hope to see you next week.
Thanks Dan :)

Yeah a bit more smoke would of been good, but the north sea wind was strong so it was all blowing away pretty quick... One I will like to re-visit in the spring with the sun setting behind it I think

Think the edit works well DK.
Thanks Phil :)

Like the edit also, good stuff :)
Cheers Roly :)

ohhh I love the way you've made the lights twinkle :clap:
Aweee thanks Summer :)

Very industrial! Possibly not he most original take on the theme, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's what's important anyway; it's about he photography after all, and his is a gret shot :)
It's the only North Sea Gas power station shot in the dark that I have seen :LOL:

Seriously, yep I agree with you, as pointed out in my description for the shot, lack of time this week left me with little choice - but hey... Still had fun getting it... that's if freezing your nutz off is classed as fun :D

THANKS all for the comments again - Looking forward to the new theme, roll on tomorrow and GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!

Back