weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Initially this doesn't shout industry, but like everyone says bees are industrious! Plus Rowse is one of the biggest producers of honey in the UK so bang on theme for me.

I agree a wider shot may have worked better but the colour of the honey is perfect so :clap: for initiative!

thanks everyone, I didn't get a chance to visit the hives after all

let me know if I missed anyone's thread :banana:

I like that take on industry. I thought of doing something with ants, but they're impossible to find at this time of year :(

Haha I like the take on secure, I've got a bathroom studio too :)
Industry, nice tones but I'm not sure about the trap. How long has the honey been in your cupboard? :)

not sure about all the questions about the honey - hasn't anyone seen 'set' honey before? tastes much nicer than the runny stuff :p

PS I walked to the shops in the snow to buy it fresh for the photo shoot lol

not sure about all the questions about the honey - hasn't anyone seen 'set' honey before? tastes much nicer than the runny stuff :p

PS I walked to the shops in the snow to buy it fresh for the photo shoot lol

I'd take it back, the date says april 2011, unless that's when it was harvested :)

yep because it's royal wedding honey :banana:

have been quite literal this week, this is my lucky bamboo - they grow in water not soil (and they're not bamboo) so the roots are clearly visible :)

week 7 - root by moominmama, on Flickr

Good close up Summer and answers the theme perfectly. ;)

thanks guys :banana:

I'm liking the exposure on this one. I thought it was a little over exposed but feel it's my screen.

I cropped by root and posted but after some comments I edited and preferred it with all the roots in. I'd like to see one of yours with the cropped roots in.

Cheers.

lol I didn't crop them out....I over straightened it to get the angle at 45 deg and doing that chopped off the bottom bit - still not 'that' good at PP yet :LOL:

Right on theme, well done ... is this the 'bamboo' that you often see one twirled around another?

yes that's the one gramps, I think it's actually some kind of Dracaena stem with the top and bottom sealed - it's shaped by turning it during the development stage, I think there's some kind of bonsai thing going on

I like this. Nice and sharp. Good colurs. :clap:

An idea that may or may not add that little extra could be the addition of some bigger water droplets.

thanks everyone :)

Oh yes think you have cracked this week’s theme, once again colours DOF and lighting, well done.

thank-you for your comments - I don't believe in luck Stephen :p

Great colours and dof within your root image Summer, bang on theme too. I would have preferred to see all the roots but I understand as you have explained. Iain

thanks everyone

and here is this week's offering:

my husband and I designed our own wedding rings and had them handmade at 'Originals' in Odiham, Hook.

the display stand is a plaster casting of my own hand; a first attempt :p

week 8 - handmade by moominmama, on Flickr

Nice personal interpretation, lighting a bit sharp on the top ring and for me the crop is a bit tight top and bottom - good offering (y)

Very eager, and a nice interpretation (y)

I think it could be cropped a little more but other than that there's nothing to pick at really :)

Catching up on this thread....

Sigh – Spot on theme.

Sweet – I’ve never heard of sugar skulls. Was this linked to the sigh shot? LOL

Secure – Nice use of B&W

Industry – It doesn’t say industry to me I’m afraid although understand the link with industrious bees.

Root – Nice colours on this one

Handmade – My preference is for the bottom ring which is lit a bit better than the top one.

that hand is a little creepy summer :LOL: still thinking what to do for this one.

Hi Summer, cracking shot for Root, dof spot on, bang on theme, like it.

Handmade, again dof excellent, well lit, not sure whether a slight crop from the right hand side could benefit the shot a little more. Still a good shot nevertheless (y)

Back