sorry another bag thread

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry all, and I have tried searching to no avail, as my interest in landscapes has increased I find myself wanting to go further afield in my wanderings, but find my flipslide 300 lacking when it comes to the other essentials of walking in hills and dales, ie somewhere to put a waterproof and butties it needs to store a 7d plus 10-20 and my 18-135 plus a filter set, wireless trigger etc, not bothered about somewhere to attach tripod although that would be nice , can anyone reccomend me something

Thanks will have a look

Have you looked at the FStop Gear range? Various different bags and inner camera bags so you can choose the proportion of camera gear to normal gear to suit your needs. There are a few reviews in the review section.

I have exactly the same problem as the OP with my flipside 300. There's no room for essentials like cake in it :crying:

I did manage to get hold today of a mint condition Lowepro Primus AW. And would recommend something similar to that. Plus it has the bonus of a tripod holder as well.

Try looking on the Think Tank site, I've just brought the streetwalker pro which can fit my 150-500 lens attached to a Nikon d40 along with two other lenses and loads of room spare! It can carry a tripod, is very light and has a waterproof cover for our British summer! There's loads of room for the essential chocolate, cake, flask and maps to the nearest pub......

I've had very similar considerations myself and ended up very happy with a Lowe Pro Fastpack 350.

Because I'm a lazy sod - I'll paste some stuff I've posted in other threads:

In the dedicated compartment, I get my camera with 28-135 attached, a 10-20mm, a flashgun, cleaning kit, several filters, and a load of spare batteries, cards etc with no problem. With a bit of re-configuration, I could get another small lens in there too (or a 70-200 on the body - but that would also require a re-configuration of my finances)

Very comfortable for walking distances/carrying all day - the hip-belt works. Laptop pocket is very useful for waterproofs/hydration bladder/other odds'n'sods too (if you're not carrying a laptop). Top compartment and panel pockets holds quite a bit of gear (photographic or non-photographic) - I use it for day-walks. It will also take a Sigma 150-500 in the top compartment (suitably wrapped of course).

Camera access is very easy.

For 'future reference', I carry my tripod or monopod by putting the head in the mesh side pocket and securing the legs with a cinch strap threaded through the carry-handle. I also carry a waterproof rucsac cover just in case - as this bag doesn't come with one. I often carry my waterproof/fleece under the bottom 'camera compartment safety-flap' cinch straps.

Flipside 400AW would be fine, room for all the camera stuff, tripod holder, bottle mesh and room in the front for other gear plus you can strap a waterproof over the top of it

I love ThinkTanks. But they ain't made for the dales. In an urban environment they rock. Some also have emergency carrying harnesses but even their own literature says not to use these for serious walking.

Since I just bought one I am now duty bound to become an FStop evangelist :) Almost certainly the best camera rucksacks I've ever seen.

Lowepro? Meh.... OK if you're on a budget and need a basic bag.

I have exactly the same problem as the OP with my flipside 300. There's no room for essentials like cake in it :crying:

I did manage to get hold today of a mint condition Lowepro Primus AW. And would recommend something similar to that. Plus it has the bonus of a tripod holder as well.

You should be able to fit a large cake and at least a couple of doughnuts in that one!
I just bought Billingham 335 ( or its much older equivalent, can't afford new!) I am hoping to get all my kit, cakes, doughnuts and bath buns in there....

Allan

Was having at look yesterday in Jacobs on Oxford street and still non the wiser, I would love an fgear , but unfortunately way out of my budget at the moment, the other alternative is to go with something small that I can put in my normal rucksac

Sorry all, and I have tried searching to no avail, as my interest in landscapes has increased I find myself wanting to go further afield in my wanderings, but find my flipslide 300 lacking when it comes to the other essentials of walking in hills and dales, ie somewhere to put a waterproof and butties it needs to store a 7d plus 10-20 and my 18-135 plus a filter set, wireless trigger etc, not bothered about somewhere to attach tripod although that would be nice , can anyone reccomend me something

i have 2 flipside 300s i use for urban and a 400 i use birdwatching

i just bought a flipside 500 which are as rare as hens teeth,i was going to buy a nikon 300mm f2.8 and this one carrys even more gear and personel stuff with a superb walking harness.

i have put it up for sale here

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392006

My flipside is fine as a camera back, but I really would rather not put anything in with my camera and lenses that could, leak, scratch or generally damage my gear, I want a seperate compartment for it

My flipside is fine as a camera back, but I really would rather not put anything in with my camera and lenses that could, leak, scratch or generally damage my gear, I want a seperate compartment for it

did you watch my video?

you have room for sliplock pouches all my water and food is outside

check out the video :cool:

and the 400/500 has a big seperate personell kit space and room for your jacket on top!

Back