weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Nice one (y)
My opportunity doesn't happen until Sunday ... will it matter if it's late :thinking:

Yes. You'll be drummed off the forum, forced to give me all your camera gear, and mocked on every forum between here and Kathmandu.

But, it's up to you; no pressure ;)

Brilliant picture Summer; I like everything about it.

thanks guys - still going to perfect the coin tho :LOL:

thanks Phil

lol Nathalie - you'll have to dig out 'connect 4'

anyway you can still do the shot, makes no difference :banana:

Very good shot, of course I have been struggling to shoot this one this week and can't come up with a decent idea then thought of a similar one to what you've done.

So that's me back to the drawing board, but I'm not bitter :bang::bang:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

summer i really like your win photo, the b and w works really well as well as the DOF

Oh nooo - I had the same idea! I'd better start coming up with a plan B.

Anyway -- nicely done. :)

I had the same idea too memo to self (Get the shot done quicker)
Another excellent shot Summer, I think everyone has said it already :clap:

This was my first idea but my board isnt as nice as yours so I didnt. :(

I like your shot. Great DoF, nice B+W conversion and well composed. Well done. :clap:

A suggestion for a re-shot would be to not have the White King behind the Black King perhaps?

Hi Summer

good thinking for the theme & well shot , B&W suits it well , good use of DOF....yup , like it (y)....only ickle niggle is the dust.....I'll get me coat....:LOL:

thanks for the comments guys :)

Just wondering what you mean about the white king Ben, the white player has resigned so the black king wins, I don't think it shows win otherwise, plus I liked the oof effect of the 'loser'

I think the flecks are 'bits' in the paint rather than dust - it's a wooden board with quite a rough texture :)

Hi Summer.

I know you've had a few weeks of quite a lot of criticism, but you've excelled yourself here:clap:
I like the lighting on the black king, it makes it stand out nice and sharp as the clear winner. And the dark grey background really suits here.

I think the white king lying behind shows he has been beaten. Maybe Ben is suggesting the white king is lying to the side of the black king rather than behind:thinking:

Love this shot, one of my favorite of this weeks themed photo's.
The B&W works brilliantly with this shot, well done.

thanks guys, I do appreciate criticism if it will help me, but sometimes I don't think it's entirely justified. On other folk's attempts I try to be honest without being mean, but maybe my eyes are skewed because I don't seem to agree with the majority :LOL:

Lovely photo and a great idea! The white king lying down finishes it off for me as it shows "win!" Black and white suits it well, I really can't find fault in this shot its shows great focus, DOF and is clean and simple - just my type of shot!:)

Well done and I look forward to next weeks!!:)

Money - I like the idea but as said the background is slightly distracting. Does your boss know you are doing your 52 at work :LOL:

Win - I really do like this one. It might be my favourite from you so far. The B&W approach has very much worked and the composition is spot on as is the use of DoF

Hi Summer,

Win, what a great idea, really like this one alot(y)

Well done

Carol

Win..like it. Nice and simple. B&W was the only way. Nice and close.

Just the placement of the white king I'm not sure about.....

Cheers.

this week was always going to be easy for me cos I love shiny things :LOL:

My aim here was to get the sun reflected as a starburst, which I managed to achieve. I also wanted to avoid an indoor shot so this is my Dean National in the garden :)

week 11shiny by moominmama, on Flickr

Hi Summer,

'Shiny' - I really like this image and the starburst is a nice touch. I think the dark background contrasts nicely with the metallic guitar body and looks good in colour.

Nice work (y)

Nick

Niiccceee guitar....

Star burst is a cracker. I like the angle of the guitar..BG I find distracting, a crop to just below the flower pots improves it for me.

Cheers.

Tend to agree that the flower pots are a little distracting but you have done very well with the light on the guitar, could easily have given problems, well done.

thanks guys. I tried it without the pots but for me it looked better with; an added dimension if you like :banana:

Money - Love the movement in the shot, great capture of the 'Head'

Win - That's a real cracker of a shot - I can't fault it, excellent (y)

Shiny - I'd be tempted to clone out the white pot rim. But what a cool looking guitar, a great shot too with a real good starburst

wow I didn't even notice that rim lol, I cloned out bits of white stuff on the path but even tho you mentioned it, it still took a few seconds to see it - oops - I will give cloning it out a go later :)

thanks Mike, the trick really was not to get the sunlight directly reflected - that was 'too much' sun, so the sun is reflected in the patio doors first which lessens the brightness. Then I reduced the aperture so not much light would get in and fiddled with the shutter speed so it was fast enough for handheld but not too fast. Then just tried to get the right angle. It took me ages to get it right, and lots of fiddling :LOL:

Now that's a very shiny guitar, I think the starburst looks great! I hadn't noticed the white plant pot rim until it was pointed out!
I like the background, the plant pots don't bother me too much. If anything I'd say the top of the guitar is missing:thinking:

Nope I don't care, I like it as it is(y)

I tried to get the top in but had to lie it down. You can see the result on Flickr. It was an ok shot but didn't have the special starburst ;-)

Niiiice! I can't fault that. And I like the context given by the pots :)

Back