weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

Hi, missed your Win. AAhhh, look at them eyes....so sweet. 1st prize :clap:

I like the fact you've cropped the rosette....I think too many people don't know how to crop (in camera of in post).

Shiny #1, looks very shiny. For these types of photographs they have to be perfectly composed or the tend not work work....symmetry is all important.

Shiny #2, like it, nice and minimal. Just the orientation of #1 let's it down a bit. I had an edit in PS, and then converted to B&W and, for me, I think it improves.

Siny #2, edit. Like it. Nice low POV. Tad off the bottom and right to match the space on the right and it's a winner. I really like how you're in a church and you managed to get a cross in the photograph at the top (y)

Cheers.

Money - I'm torn between the two here... I like the composition of the first, and think with a tiny bit more light on the cash would be my fav

Win - Certainly prefer the 1st shot, waht a lovely looking dog, captured really well - nice shot

Shiny - No: 2 for me, Shows much more shine to me, nice angle too

Thanks for that Liz.

No problem, i know they have space as i've just been offered another day later on in the year

Hi, missed your Win. AAhhh, look at them eyes....so sweet. 1st prize :clap:

I like the fact you've cropped the rosette....I think too many people don't know how to crop (in camera of in post).

Shiny #1, looks very shiny. For these types of photographs they have to be perfectly composed or the tend not work work....symmetry is all important.

Shiny #2, like it, nice and minimal. Just the orientation of #1 let's it down a bit. I had an edit in PS, and then converted to B&W and, for me, I think it improves.

Siny #2, edit. Like it. Nice low POV. Tad off the bottom and right to match the space on the right and it's a winner. I really like how you're in a church and you managed to get a cross in the photograph at the top (y)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy constructive as ever

Love cathedrals, nice shots

Thanks, me too, which is why i jumped at the opportunity to be involved in the project

Very shiny. :D

Thanks

Money - I'm torn between the two here... I like the composition of the first, and think with a tiny bit more light on the cash would be my fav

Win - Certainly prefer the 1st shot, waht a lovely looking dog, captured really well - nice shot

Shiny - No: 2 for me, Shows much more shine to me, nice angle too

Thanks

#2 for me as well (y)

Thanks

This is another thread I need to catch up on Liz

Industry – #3. I think I quite like it with the missing cake

Root – #1 although would have liked the focus on the hand

Handmade – That’s not another fleece your making is it Liz :LOL: Maybe taking this from the otherside would have shown the handmade part more

Money – #2 gets my vote because of the better lighting

Win – #1 for me although as has been said it’s a bit soft for my liking

Shiny – I prefer the context #2 shot as well.

Your second shine shot's the one for me! I think it's lovely. Possibly needs a slight bit of straightening, but very very good.

Shiny - I prefer #2, but actually much prefer the 'in context' shot, it is super. Mike

This is another thread I need to catch up on Liz

Industry – #3. I think I quite like it with the missing cake

Root – #1 although would have liked the focus on the hand

Handmade – That’s not another fleece your making is it Liz :LOL: Maybe taking this from the otherside would have shown the handmade part more

Money – #2 gets my vote because of the better lighting

Win – #1 for me although as has been said it’s a bit soft for my liking

Shiny – I prefer the context #2 shot as well.

Thanks

Your second shine shot's the one for me! I think it's lovely. Possibly needs a slight bit of straightening, but very very good.

Thanks

I think I like the edit the best some great colours

Thanks

Hi Liz

I am not sure why I have fallen behind on commenting on your Challenge - don't know why - sorry.

Win - like the first image but wold have preferred to see the rosette in focus as well. Lovely colour rendition.

Shiny - like both shots but the simplicity of the brass marker does it for me for both the theme and the composition.(y)

Last edited:
Hi Liz

I am not sure why I have fallen behind on commenting on your Challenge - don't know why - sorry.

Win - like the first image but wold have preferred to see the rosette in focus as well. Lovely colour rendition.

Shiny - like both shots but the simplicity of the brass marker does it for me for both the theme and the composition.(y)

Hi Liz some good shiny shots there. I prefer no.2 (y)

Thankyou both

when this weeks theme was posted i was pretty Stumped , i really didn't want to do another staged, lit photo, because although i have enjoyed the bits i've done during the challenge up to now, its not really my area of interest so i'm not willing to go out and spend the money on the kit to do it properly so i'm never going to be truly happy with what i post.

So inspired by Lynne's take on win the other week i decided to think about what was magical to me! and actually i find mother nature magical she kills everything off going in to winter and then it all magically reappears come spring, so with the good luck of a perfect spring morning (some could say that, thats magical on its own) i don't think i could have found a better representative of the magic of spring, as ever 2 offerings

Magical 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

_MG_1883 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

What beautiful daffodils! I think I prefer number two, not sure why.

Mother nature is definitely magical! I like your take on this theme. A very simple interpretation(y)

Thanks Marsha i think, i've been tying myself up in knots trying to think of something creative, it was time for something simple doing something i really love

Both lovely photographs Liz, a different take on the theme.
#1 gets my vote though, I love the composition you've taken here because of the triangles within the frame. The bright yellow daffs against the stone wall makes it very pleasing on the eye.
I am with you on getting out and about with my camera. I prefer outdoor photography to indoor staged images but sometimes needs must. A good week Liz. Iain

Both lovely photographs Liz, a different take on the theme.
#1 gets my vote though, I love the composition you've taken here because of the triangles within the frame. The bright yellow daffs against the stone wall makes it very pleasing on the eye.
I am with you on getting out and about with my camera. I prefer outdoor photography to indoor staged images but sometimes needs must. A good week Liz. Iain

Thankyou its nice to see other 52's getting where i'm coming from:)

Thankyou its nice to see other 52's getting where i'm coming from:)

You're welcome Liz, although I dont know what others would have thought had they seen me, a grown man mooching about in the woods this morning taking photos of fairies :LOL:

Liz
loving you magical shot, has to be #2 for me.
#1 looks oof, but i like the composition in this shot.

very nice work.

Thanks

Number 2 for me, I prefer the composition in that one, perhaps number 1 would work if you were below the bank of daffodils and looking up? A great take on the theme.

We'll see if there still there next week, may see if that works, work will get in the way of getting up there till then

I love both these pics ... Personally I know how magical daffodils are ... They always make me smile and get me excited for the summer x

I love both these pics ... Personally I know how magical daffodils are ... They always make me smile and get me excited for the summer x

Thankyou they always make me smile as well

hey liz
i had the same idea but for trees. I was just waiting for the sun to help me and then i read this thread, you have got two great photos here i love the POV and the colours are top well done

hey liz
i had the same idea but for trees. I was just waiting for the sun to help me and then i read this thread, you have got two great photos here i love the POV and the colours are top well done

I completely agree nature is a magical thing. Number 2 for me my eye is drawn through the shot and under the bridge. Makes me want to know what's on the other side. Good job

Thankyou both:)

Hi Liz
I like your interpretation - I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of interpretation when applied to what you see around you. I love just walking around with my camera with the theme at the back of my mind, and just see what appears.
I prefer your #1. The bold colours I think swings it for me. Doesn't really help you I'm afraid you seem to have a pretty even split between #1 and #2. Mike

Ooooo another vote for no:1 from me, I too like the angles in the pic, a good take on the theme :)

Thanks

Hi Liz
I like your interpretation - I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of interpretation when applied to what you see around you. I love just walking around with my camera with the theme at the back of my mind, and just see what appears.
I prefer your #1. The bold colours I think swings it for me. Doesn't really help you I'm afraid you seem to have a pretty even split between #1 and #2. Mike

doesn't matter 1 or 2 i like them both:):):)

I prefer the composition of number 2 but I wonder if it would be better if you lightened the area of the bridge as its quite dark?

Hi Liz

the Magic that is Spring....2 lovely images but think it's #1 for me....simply cos I prefer the colors of the daff's in that one...... :clap:

Hi Liz

the Magic that is Spring....2 lovely images but think it's #1 for me....simply cos I prefer the colors of the daff's in that one...... :clap:

Thanks Lynne

:geek:

Hi Liz, I agree with Lynne on this!:)

Thanks Sarah, was saying to Andy tonight, they're not as good as last year, not half as many down the avenue

Back