weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Top part looks a little distracting as said but I like it overall. great reflections going on. ;)

Wow. that is shiny love the colours that’s coming from it, the subject is so in your face that I didn’t notice the pots or the white rim till I had a good look and thats after knowing they are there.

thanks for the comments guys, I like that starburst more everytime I look at it :)

Summer.....wow....what a shiny guitar!!!

Wonderful shot this one, the background just goes wonderfully with the shot, love the starburst on the guitar too. V v v nice (y)

Apologies Summer, I haven't looked in on your 52 for a while.

I like the simplicity of your win shot, it works really well and makes for a strong photograph.

I like your shiny photograph too, what a lovely photogenic object. The starburst is a nice touch. Small niggle but I'd like to have seen the whole guitar against a plainer background. Having said that, it takes nothing away from the photograph, good work. Iain

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny - It's not the pots that distracts me it's the fact that the head of the guitars cut off :( Other than that I like it a lot, the starbursts good, the reflections good and the wall and pots add a bit of atmosphere / story.

A great shiny shot. The background doesn't distract IMO can't help but feel that the shelf or wall that the pots are on could do with a straighten. Although no-one else has commented in this so probably just me :bang: Good work

thanks for the last few comments :)

just managed to capture this little lady before she flew away:

week 12 - magical

week 12 magical by moominmama, on Flickr

Nice colour tones and subdued lighting on this Summer but it took me a while to find the subject. Focus on the fairy would be preferential IMHO. Iain

thanks Iain, I wanted it to look like a 'lucky' shot where I was taking pics of the flowers and just managed to catch the fairy as she flew off

thanks Iain, I wanted it to look like a 'lucky' shot where I was taking pics of the flowers and just managed to catch the fairy as she flew off

Ah I see :D
In that case I think you've nailed it. I did have to search the image but that makes sense now :LOL:
Good work Summer

Hi Summer

lovely idea for the theme & liking the subtle colors & light but as per Iain...would have loved to see more of the fairy ....having said that I do see where you're coming from...fairies are very hard to photograph (y)

Shiny....plant pots possibly not the best back drop but that sure is one shiny Guitar , great reflections in it & lkie the sunburst (y)

fairies are very fast, and quite elusive :LOL:

Shiny - Stunning guitar which you've captured really well. All those reflections will have been a nightmare.

Magical - I can't believe you missed getting the fairy fully in the frame :LOL:

I really lie your images (y) but I am not a huge fan of decapitation. Maybe a bit of motion on the fairy could suggest movement ? Hope that's doesn't sound to harsh :crying: The concept though is a good one and definetly magical so bang-on theme (y)

thanks for the recent comments everyone

here is my take on vice - use your imagination :LOL:

week 13 - vice by moominmama, on Flickr

That's a great great shot! I love that it's open to interpretation!

Love the guitar, but not the image!
It's like a few of the others said, the background is distracting.
I'm struggling to put plant pots with a guitar!!
The guitar and sun burst is good though.

Now vice, this reminds me of one by Adie last year, the one with the man looking out of the blinds. - this one!

For your vice to work better, I think it needs to be darker, perhaps the light is a street light?
The gents left leg is too dark to, perhaps something to bounce the light on to it as it's in the shadow of your lady.

Great idea though.

nice black and white sort of reminds me of old private detective films

thanks for the kind comments and I will let the MD's PA know that you appreciate her legs Paul ;-)

Hi Summer
Catching up as usual. Win is very good especially the reflection of the white which adds to the effect of fallen. Shiny, as others have said, is difficult to see any relationship between the guitar and background. The flare is a good addition though. The fairy disappearing is just right for magical. I think the best one is Vice. Excellent capture, good mono adjustment and leaves it all to the imagination.

thanks guys, especially DK who noticed that I had to lie on the floor to get this shot - in the kitchen at work! ha ha, my creaky bones didn't like it much

Back