Ladybower Dam

I like the first shot Darren, but when viewed large I'm seeing quite a bit of CA, especially along the left hand treeline, and the uprights of the railings, again on the left side.
You certainly got a cracking day for your visit.

bad case of colour fringing on the first shot, oh - and maximum size for posting is 1024px longest side - hence it's been broken to a link.

Darren, CA is chromatic abberation, and causes the fringing that's been mentioned. The fringing runs the majority o fhte upper tree line (where the trees meet the sky), and along the uprights of the metal railings along the top of the dam on the left of the image.

Darren, CA is chromatic abberation, and causes the fringing that's been mentioned. The fringing runs the majority o fhte upper tree line (where the trees meet the sky), and along the uprights of the metal railings along the top of the dam on the left of the image.

Thank you for that Ruth, i will google to see how to fix.

Darren

Hmmmm...me likey likey the pano Darren....really need to get out & have a go myself (y)

Like the tilt shift as well....but possibly a little on the squiff ? might just be me though ! I've got a shot of the same place from a different angle....never though about T&S for it.....hmmm..off to search the hard drive :LOL:

I do have a soft spot for tilt shift (and Ladybower!).

The composition's a bit off for me. Bit too much FG. I'd like to see one looking down on the damn...bit of symmetry.

Cheers.

I like the tilt and shift version works well; it looks a little wonky but the trees suggest everything is pretty much on the level.

The pano shot is effective too - was it a stitch job? I do, however, find the sky a touch over cooked and out of place. The reflection in the water does not quite match the vibrancy and contrast. I am guessing some PP work has been done on the sky?

Last edited:
Spooky said:
I like the tilt and shift version works well; it looks a little wonky but the trees suggest everything is pretty much on the level.

The pano shot is effective too - was it a stitch job? I do, however, find the sky a touch over cooked and out of place. The reflection in the water does not quite match the vibrancy and contrast. I am guessing some PP work has been done on the sky?

Cheers Andy, T&S I also like it, re pp only slightly touched up in Lightroom, just increased the colours.

Back