weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

The only place it looks a little over processed is in the greens at the bottom of the image, normally I would not like an image like that, but I like this one as it doesn't seem to affect it in any way. I like the tilt/shift version that Marsha has popped up too.
That's good to know mate... I should of done the Colour one then :bang: :D

I prefer the colour version as the SC just didn't work for me I'm afraid.
Hi Peter... no worries... I don't like it much either :LOL:

I prefer your edit, the original looks almost like a selective colour (not bad in itself) whereas the edit brings out more from both trees ... nice alternative theme shot (y)

I prefer your edit, the original looks almost like a selective colour (not bad in itself) whereas the edit brings out more from both trees ... nice alternative theme shot (y)
Cheers Gramps :)

I think I know what you mean... or do I :thinking:

:D

No problems. Snapseed is a rather handy app, I recommend it!
Just read the link... very good, i'll have to try that when I get my PC up and running :)

Hi DK,

Vice, cheapskate, only a tenner:LOL:, looks great m8, as do all the other shots!

Colour version for me Dean (y)
Not that I dislike SC shots, just something I've never tried.
I like Marsha's edit too, that app thingy (technical term, do keep up ;)) gives an interesting and pleasing effect.
Your image is bang on theme, the oak tree looks very imposing looming over its shorter neighbour. Good work Dean. Iain

Colour version for me Dean (y)
Not that I dislike SC shots, just something I've never tried.
I like Marsha's edit too, that app thingy (technical term, do keep up ;)) gives an interesting and pleasing effect.
Your image is bang on theme, the oak tree looks very imposing looming over its shorter neighbour. Good work Dean. Iain
Hi Iain :)

The more I look the more I prefer the Do;our version and dislike the SC... I wasn't too keen on it from the start... and now with all the comments I can see my thoughts were correct :D

A bit late to the party but 'Magical' is just that, what a great picture!
Thanks again Mel :)

Wk18 - 'Flight' of the bumble bee...

Well.. just as it was taking off so maybe Pre-Flight :D

Took a couple of hundred shots, plenty in focus when static, all real 'In Flight' shots are way too soft to use :(

BUT seems I am so far behind I need to get one uploaded, will re-visit this one for sure :)

Wk18 - 'Flight' of the bumble Bee by TP DK..., on Flickr

Hi Dean......

Nice capture if a little noisey...big crop ? & you caught him/her feeding with pollen sticking to his furry bits ( technical term that ya know! )
checked your exif on flickr before commenting...flippin nora , was it nearly dark - ISO2000 & EV+2/3 ?

I've tried to get little winged things in flight & failed miserably each time so I sympathise with you :hug2: Been scouting round for more info & found a lot of shots at around 1/1600 f5.6 mainly in shutter priority...gonna give that a try myself this year :)

Hi Dean......

Nice capture if a little noisey...big crop ? & you caught him/her feeding with pollen sticking to his furry bits ( technical term that ya know! )
checked your exif on flickr before commenting...flippin nora , was it nearly dark - ISO2000 & EV+2/3 ?

I've tried to get little winged things in flight & failed miserably each time so I sympathise with you :hug2: Been scouting round for more info & found a lot of shots at around 1/1600 f5.6 mainly in shutter priority...gonna give that a try myself this year :)
Hi Lynne

Yeah it is a tad noisy... Not a huge crop... but seems I was using my macro I was trying to get a good DOF for a change, to get more of the subject in focus, when a bee finally arrived it was in a bunch of flowers just below a hedge so was a bit shaded...

Today I followed around a fly, a butterfly and the Bee - shame I didn;t get the shot I was after, but waiting for good weather again rather let me down..

THANKS for the info... will try those settings next time too if I remember :)

Last edited:
Almost a nice flight there DK, a tad later and it would have been fully airborne I think. Excellent effort.

Hi DK,

Sorry it's been a while since I was last here!
Entrance:- I do like this shot alot and now that I can see the with and without brows shots.... I like them both! But since the theme is entrance, I'd go with the one without brows, it emphasises the theme more, I think.

Soft:- You can't get softer than candy floss! Another good shot DK, I like the green lippy it sets off the pink candy floss nicely. As already been said, I too would like to see the lips just a wee bit more in focus.

Pride:- Love it! Great idea. The tweeks in the second shot have definately added a bit of roar! (y)

Short:- To be honest DK, I'm not so keen on this one, sorry.

Flight:- Excellent shot, that's not an easy subject. Well done.

Carol

Almost a nice flight there DK, a tad later and it would have been fully airborne I think. Excellent effort.
Thanks Alby :)

The blinking thing was darting about like something possessed, I had took soooooooo many shots I hoped the law of averages would give me one bang on in full flight - wasn't my day :LOL:

Hi DK,

Sorry it's been a while since I was last here!
Hi Carol... no worries, I know how hard it is to get about ;)
Entrance:- I do like this shot alot and now that I can see the with and without brows shots.... I like them both! But since the theme is entrance, I'd go with the one without brows, it emphasises the theme more, I think.
Very true !!! and Thanks

Soft:- You can't get softer than candy floss! Another good shot DK, I like the green lippy it sets off the pink candy floss nicely. As already been said, I too would like to see the lips just a wee bit more in focus.
Thanks

Pride:- Love it! Great idea. The tweeks in the second shot have definately added a bit of roar! (y)
And a thanks again :)

Short:- To be honest DK, I'm not so keen on this one, sorry.
No need to be sorry... I didn't like it either :D

Flight:- Excellent shot, that's not an easy subject. Well done.

Carol
And thanks again for all the comments :)

quite a nice shot that Dk, good luck with the re visit.
Cheers Michael (y)

Hi DK.

I think catching one of these in flight (and in the shade) is going to be bloody difficult, unless you hang around a hive:nuts: so well done for catching it at all!! Cracking detail though!

Dark Knight said:
Today I followed around a fly, a butterfly and the Bee - shame I didn;t get the shot I was after, but waiting for good weather again rather let me down..

Yup, this project is turning us all mad! I've been stalking mini dinosaurs on the sports field, now I'm baiting red kites in my garden with out of date ham:bonk: Never mind Lynne chatting up coppers and Andy (Posiview) prancing around the garden at night with his soldiers and a torch!

We all need sectioning:nuts:

Hi DK.

I think catching one of these in flight (and in the shade) is going to be bloody difficult, unless you hang around a hive:nuts: so well done for catching it at all!! Cracking detail though!
Thanks Marsha :)

Yup, this project is turning us all mad! I've been stalking mini dinosaurs on the sports field, now I'm baiting red kites in my garden with out of date ham:bonk: Never mind Lynne chatting up coppers and Andy (Posiview) prancing around the garden at night with his soldiers and a torch!

We all need sectioning:nuts:
You aint wrong there one bit lmao :nuts: :LOL:

Not quite in flight but I still think it's close enough to be on theme. You've done well getting any near these creatures.
Cheers Peter - they certainly don't stay still long... AND I did ask it too aswell... it wasn't listening ONE BIT :D

flight is nicely captured it takes a lot of patience to get i like it though its not in flight as it where

Hi DK

Sorry for not looking at earlier. You have had many tech coments so I will stick to my impressions

Pride - good idea and I like the composition. Never thought to get that choc bar for the theme. Well done.

Short - good idea, hard to capture . May be better with a little separation laterally so that it is obvious immediately that there are 2 trees' Like the tilt and shift version

Flight - I like the colours and the composition.

flight is nicely captured it takes a lot of patience to get i like it though its not in flight as it where
Hi Allan - Thanks :) not that I was beginning to loose mine lol :)

Hi DK

Sorry for not looking at earlier. You have had many tech coments so I will stick to my impressions

Pride - good idea and I like the composition. Never thought to get that choc bar for the theme. Well done.

Short - good idea, hard to capture . May be better with a little separation laterally so that it is obvious immediately that there are 2 trees' Like the tilt and shift version

Flight - I like the colours and the composition.
Hi Alan

Many Thanks for the comments - Appreciated :)

The tree shot certainly week and needing a major difference in execution and PP

Hi DK...I like your flight shot, you've done well there. I've had ago at getting bees with little succes. I also took over 200 shots for my flight of Buzz!!

Hi DK...I like your flight shot, you've done well there. I've had ago at getting bees with little succes. I also took over 200 shots for my flight of Buzz!!
Cheers Neil :)

Your shot was well worth the 200 shots mate - it only takes one good one (y)

Well here I go then...

As mentioned above - Sort of a Joker, not because it's off theme, more because 'The quality will make you laugh' :D

Wk19 - the leading 'Authority' on filters, the MD of Lee Filters giving a great talk on their class leading range

Lee Filters - TP 2012 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Well done DK, I was wondering what you'd come up with after you told me you were taking it at the weekend! You've done well capturing this with the lighting in the room. I like the composition, the colours of the slide behind help lift the pic as well!

He was def the leading authority on filters!:)

Now did you get leave there as well, I'd hoped to but didn't!!:LOL::LOL:

Hi DK

Authority - like the shot. i do not know who he is or where it's at without the explanation but the way that you have taken the shot, composition, colour, interest makes it spot on theme for me.

As an outsider I see a shot about a man who exudes authority in his stature and presentation - he could be an authority on clouds, waves or groynes (technical word:D) - it does not matter because the pic has captured the theme so well.

One of your best shots DK just crop out the old codger on the right and you have a winner :D Sorry Mate it had to be said. :LOL:

Hi Dk

been wondering what you'd post up as saw you mention the convention ....looks like you all had a great time there (y)

I'm liking that shot , I suspect the lighting was'nt great but the shot's come out really well , nowt wrong with the quality ..well framed...yup , good shot mister (y)

Well done DK, I was wondering what you'd come up with after you told me you were taking it at the weekend! You've done well capturing this with the lighting in the room. I like the composition, the colours of the slide behind help lift the pic as well!

He was def the leading authority on filters!:)

Now did you get leave there as well, I'd hoped to but didn't!!:LOL::LOL:
Thanks Sarah :)

No I didn't get a leave shot... slipped my mind totally :bonk:

I have 1 planned so far... how about you ??

Hi DK

Authority - like the shot. i do not know who he is or where it's at without the explanation but the way that you have taken the shot, composition, colour, interest makes it spot on theme for me.

As an outsider I see a shot about a man who exudes authority in his stature and presentation - he could be an authority on clouds, waves or groynes (technical word:D) - it does not matter because the pic has captured the theme so well.
Many Thanks Alan :)

I really wasn't sure if people would get it... the lighting was sooooo low with the curtains closed for the projector, i was doubtful I would see him in the pic... I wanted to catch him in more of an animated pose, but the camera firing was too noisy to roll ovff too many shots while he was mid talk :D

One of your best shots DK just crop out the old codger on the right and you have a winner :D Sorry Mate it had to be said. :LOL:
lol :LOL:

Hi Dk

been wondering what you'd post up as saw you mention the convention ....looks like you all had a great time there (y)

I'm liking that shot , I suspect the lighting was'nt great but the shot's come out really well , nowt wrong with the quality ..well framed...yup , good shot mister (y)
Hi Lynne

Well thank you... I'm glad you like it :)

Damn you must be busy... I wonder how quick you can manipulate a shot from it into a theme :D

Busy and uninspired by this weeks theme. Have a little idea but need to set it up, hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow night!! :)

I think I will need lots of practice with the trigger before the pics are shown on here!!:LOL:

Busy and uninspired by this weeks theme. Have a little idea but need to set it up, hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow night!! :)

I think I will need lots of practice with the trigger before the pics are shown on here!!:LOL:
It is a toughie again this week isn't it !!! They must be getting to the bottom of the bag...

Well I'm looking forward to seeing what you 2 guys come up with for the trigger shots :)

Back