weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Excellent photo! Wonderfully exposed, and great composition. I don't think anything significant is lost through no motion blur in the propeller.

thanks DK - hmmm tis very quiet in here this week

Liking your flight shot Summer. It looks like some nice subdued lighting there for an outside photograph. It really brings out the detail in the plane.
Maybe just crop it slightly on the right, so as the plane isn't so central in the frame. Good work though(y) iain

Very good shot with the right angle for an attacking plane. Agree with Iain about the crop to improve composition.

Nice shot summer, good take on the theme and lovely sky. I note your comment on the motion. Could you use s blur tool on the propeller ? - that said, i don't think it detracts from the image. Nick (y)

thanks guys, have to say I like the composition as it is :p

it was taken on Monday, we had a lovely sunny day on Monday and I was home looking after the dog so that worked out quite well :banana:

btw - the model wasn't moving when I took the shot :)

Hi Summer

lovely shot for the theme....& blue sky as well...top shot (y)

he's a bit old, battered and faded - but what greater authority is there than a starship captain? *sigh*

week 19 - authority by moominmama, on Flickr

shame about the corrugations on his face, but that's cardboard for ya! lol

had to make him B&W because his colour is so faded now :( I might need to aquire a new one...

he needed the support marsha lol

altho I might try some editing to see if I can make him look more real...hmmm

Good subject, just needs a bit of a cleanup. Suits B&W, reminiscent of when I first saw the show on telly.

sturisoma said:
he needed the support marsha lol

I thought he did!

sturisoma said:
altho I might try some editing to see if I can make him look more real...hmmm

Oh yes, maybe take a photo with you with him then make him look real;)

Now why would anyone want a full size cardboard cut out of Captain Kirk? That said I once had a full size cardboard cut out of Lisa Goddard advertising carpet underlay of all things :wacky:

The B&W works for this although maybe more distance between the subject and background may have helped.

Good subject, just needs a bit of a cleanup. Suits B&W, reminiscent of when I first saw the show on telly.

cleanup? :thinking:

Hi Summer, what a good take on the theme. If you do reshoot maybe try for a smaller depth of field which might help to make him stand out from the background!:)

the figure should have been further away from the fence so as to blur it the fence adds nothing and maybe full length would be beter

Hi Summer

Flight - made me smile, it looks so false against the sky - like those old movies where the backdrop is taken in a different place and time from the action at the front. Excellent work.

Authority - ok on theme for me. Again I really like the treatment. A bit saggy, propped up by a bit of fencing, 50's black and white. Made me :D

thanks guys, have been planning me and kirk's photoshoot lol, I have him on twitter so maybe I'll send him a copy hee hee

ok onto more special people for 'Leave'

leaving on a jet plane perhaps?

my eldest two:

week 20, leave by moominmama, on Flickr

Hi Summer,

I like this one a lot, mono looks great. Have to agree with Marsha's comments about seeing a little bit more of your son but that said, it's a great shot.

Carol

thanks guys. Marsha I didn't even see that bit of hair, well spotted. I am being lazy tho so it can stay there for now. I might pp my son out later :). Poor child lol

Hi, Summer, like the leave. Nice and natural with nice light.

No offence, but I'd rather your daughter was on her own...nice and isolated.

Cheers.

Back