weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

I'm usually present for Sarah's images but I can say for this one "I was there" for yours this week. It was a well received talk as well. Difficulty to get the projected image and the authoritative speaker exposed correctly in these conditions but I think you've done pretty well.

I'm usually present for Sarah's images but I can say for this one "I was there" for yours this week. It was a well received talk as well. Difficulty to get the projected image and the authoritative speaker exposed correctly in these conditions but I think you've done pretty well.
Cheers Peter :)

I know I really must allow more time... and here I am Thursday night and Leave is nowhere near in the bag :bang:

'Leave' - nice take on the theme and good depth of field and focus. Now I know where you got your inspiration from for your avatar ! - Nick

Leave - Often the best ideas are right in front of our noses!!

I like this - its a good take of the theme, using the sat nav and the view through the window tells more of a story!:)

'Leave' - nice take on the theme and good depth of field and focus. Now I know where you got your inspiration from for your avatar ! - Nick
Hi Nick

It is a bit of a match isn't it :D

Thanks for the positive feedback

For a man who says he likes a clean car, that windscreen looks a bit dirty :LOL:
Somebody made it rain again :cautious:

:LOL:

I like you interpretation and fits the theme with your explanation.

I was going to mention the Sat-Nav but it doesn't actually say the word 'leave', but the Nav was my main inspiration and focus point

Leave - Often the best ideas are right in front of our noses!!
Isn't it just... right under my nose all week... and for the 300 mile journey back from the convention it didn't cross my mind :bonk:

I like this - its a good take of the theme, using the sat nav and the view through the window tells more of a story!:)
Thanks Sarah :)

I'm just so happy to be up to date at last... now the challenge of staying there :cautious:

golly how have I missed so many?

short I think the trees are too close together,, but the tilt shift is cool, didn't think it work so that subject but it has

flight, brilliant shot, well worth the patience, and it does look as if he's about to take off :clap:

leave - another good shot, nice n clean and a good interpretation of the theme :)

Great interpretation of the theme ... who was holding the wheel? :police:

:D

Good take on the theme Dean, Including the view through the windscreen really adds to the story. You've handled the exposure well, the bright sky outside against the darker interior of the car. Good work.

I am afraid I am taking your lastminutedotcom title this week, I should get my 'leave' tomorrow. ;)

golly how have I missed so many?
Been busy like the rest of us I bet

short I think the trees are too close together,, but the tilt shift is cool, didn't think it work so that subject but it has
I did try moving them apart a bit, but the oak just wouldn't budge :D

flight, brilliant shot, well worth the patience, and it does look as if he's about to take off :clap:

leave - another good shot, nice n clean and a good interpretation of the theme :)
Thanks again

Great interpretation of the theme ... who was holding the wheel? :police:

:D
Shhhhhhh :cautious:

Hi Gramps... I actually had to shove the hazards on and jumped in the back seat :geek:

Last edited:
Good take on the theme Dean, Including the view through the windscreen really adds to the story. You've handled the exposure well, the bright sky outside against the darker interior of the car. Good work.
Hi Iain

Thanks... i did have a couple that were way too blown through the glass, this one rescued a little bit which was handy :)

I am afraid I am taking your lastminutedotcom title this week, I should get my 'leave' tomorrow. ;)
YAY !!!! :banana:

Very good idea for the theme that, a well composed pic too.
Cheers Michael :)

Hi DK,

good thinking for the theme and nicely taken..........you drive a Lexus????
Thanks Neil :)

Ermmmm... Maybe :cautious:

Hi DK

Good take on the theme and a very well composed shot with the elements of the satnav, obscure view through the window, dangling thingy.

Smashing focus.(y)
Cheers Alan :)

I did think about cloning out the ermm... Voodo Doll, but thought against it in the end as I liked the added interest :)

nice pic i like he voodoo doll it adds some interest to the out of focus area

Unusually for you, I'm not keen on your authority shot. It looks too much like a snapshot for me, and the guy in it is too underexposed for my liking.

Leave though is great :) I hope you weren't driving at the time :rules::nono:

Very nice shot, and a great interpretation :)

nice pic i like he voodoo doll it adds some interest to the out of focus area
Cheers Allan :)

Unusually for you, I'm not keen on your authority shot. It looks too much like a snapshot for me, and the guy in it is too underexposed for my liking.
Does it show I was desperate for a submition :LOL:

Definitely a Joker loosely related to the theme - I didn't want to submit :help:

Leave though is great :) I hope you weren't driving at the time :rules::nono:

Very nice shot, and a great interpretation :)
Thanks Mark :)

No I stuck the hazzards on and jumped in the back seat :D

Clever idea DK, I bet the other drivers wondered what the hell you were doing?
I was hoping not to cause an accident !!! there again, I would of got some great shots of it :D

You have a voodoo doll? Remind me never to upset you:bat:
Now where did I put that pin

Hi DK

yup , thats a Random shot for sure (y) I quite liked this theme....random covers so many possible ideas ! Well caught & nicely focused....I do like a nice Koi pond...that looks suspiciously like a strawberry floating in there :thinking:

'Random' - Very obliging of the Koy to open it's mouth which has made for an interesting image. Good use of focus and I like the concentric ripples. I do find the leaves a little distracting but that's the trade-off I guess and can't be helped. (y)

Nick

I like Random a lot. Great colours, and very good timing, plus the leaves add a sense of context to it. Doesn't scream random to me without your explanation, but with it it works :)

excellent timing I would have been there all day and ended up with about 50 useless pics the plant is a bit distracting but then again it does frame it too (y)

Nice timing, love the way you've caught the ripples and the fishes mouth in good focus (y)

Hi DK

yup , thats a Random shot for sure (y) I quite liked this theme....random covers so many possible ideas ! Well caught & nicely focused....I do like a nice Koi pond...that looks suspiciously like a strawberry floating in there :thinking:
Thanks Lynne

My daughter would never let a strwb go to the fish :LOL: It is a 'Cockney Koi' food/ball treat :geek:

I like it DK, nice detail on the fishy. Although I would maybe crop out a little of the plant on the left :thinking:

Now you're all caught up again so you can get a wiggle on with this week ;)
Hi Marsha

Oooooo I took great care to try and keep the plants 'In' the picture :D I have them clambering all over the place between the plants... in clear water it is way too easy... it's like a mad feeding frenzy :LOL:

And caught up yes... now the Temperature :thinking:

'Random' - Very obliging of the Koy to open it's mouth which has made for an interesting image. Good use of focus and I like the concentric ripples. I do find the leaves a little distracting but that's the trade-off I guess and can't be helped. (y)

Nick
Hi Nick

They are never obliging when you want them do be... the mouths are puckering like an ol grandmother chasing the treat like loonatics :nuts:

The leaves... really that distracting, damn... I'll crop them out :)

Like it, a great expression on the fish!
Thanks Michael :)

Good timing on the Random shot. I like the ripples too.
Cheers Robert :)

I like Random a lot. Great colours, and very good timing, plus the leaves add a sense of context to it. Doesn't scream random to me without your explanation, but with it it works :)
Hi Mark

YAY !!! you like my leaves :LOL:

You ain't wrong... it sure doesn't shout random without the writing

excellent timing I would have been there all day and ended up with about 50 useless pics the plant is a bit distracting but then again it does frame it too (y)
Thanks Allan

They sure are great to watch when feeding especially now the water is getting nice and warm... it was very refreshing when I was in there yesterday cleaning it

Well the consensus sure seems to be going against the leaves

Nice timing, love the way you've caught the ripples and the fishes mouth in good focus (y)
Thanks Gramps

I was pleased with the ripples too... got lots of shots and the ripples were the deciding factor in choosing this one

You've caught the surfacing fish just at the right time. I'm afraid I'm another one who would lose the plant though.
Thanks Peter

I have just checked and I don't have a good shot with no leaves, I will certainly do a re-shoot on this one in the next couple of weeks, once the water has settled down (just treated water for blanket weed - so rather milky)

There won't be a leaf in sight... just maybe several other mouths :D

Right... Catching up as usual, not sure which one to go for, have 2 and not done this before so I'll let you guys choose, it's a tough choice between poor and poorer :D

wk22 Temperature 1

After an afternoon working in the garden, I like my shower just right, the Temperature needs to be not too hot and not too cold.

wk22 Temperature 1 by TP DK..., on Flickr

wk22 Temperature 2

Bacon... I don't like floppy bacon, so I like the grill temperature really high so that it is nice and crispy !!!!

wk22 Temperature 2 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Temperature - would like to have seen a bit of steam coming off the shower, it's hard to tell if the water was hot or cold but I do get your drift. Like the bacon shot, think it works too as an abstract as I didn't know what it was at first without reading the commentary. I think this is the one (y)

The bacon shot is excellent and my preferred one out of those 2. I want bacon now......
Cheers Michael... it was very nice too :D

Not sure on the shower shot, I think a close up of the shower dials would have worked better:thinking:
I think you may be right... very plain image *hangs head in shame*

:)

Your bacon shot is excellent though, I love the really narrow DOF!

And yes, I want some bacon now:nuts:
Yay !!! thanks Marsha, it was my fav too but was really unsure how it would go down, but 2 votes already and I'm sold (y)

Temperature - would like to have seen a bit of steam coming off the shower, it's hard to tell if the water was hot or cold but I do get your drift. Like the bacon shot, think it works too as an abstract as I didn't know what it was at first without reading the commentary. I think this is the one (y)
Hi Nick

100% agree mate... tried to but the lens was steaming up soooo damn quick, I quit while I could...

A third for the bacon - Excellent, so it shall be (y)

Back