weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

'Leave' - a very nice take on the theme and clever composition the way your daughters eyes look up to the top left hand corner of the photograph. Nice lighting and skin tonal range the monochrome works very well. As others have said your son is a little distracting as it take some of the emphasis away from your daughters face.

Nick

Nice mono conversion Summer, your sons head is the the only down point I can see in this shot, a wave goodbye to say you are leaving fits the theme I think.

ok you asked nicely so here is an edited version

edited by moominmama, on Flickr

Better, I can see another strange face in this shot. :D Can you?

Hi Summer, I can't believe you have pp your son out!!! does he know??

Only joking, the second shot does look better.....and yes I can see the strange face!!

Not the real face in the bottom left but the one in the trees. Spooky!!

Hi Summer

great 2nd version of your Leave image....all has been said so just a (y) from me

Can't stop looking at that spooky face in the tree's now Alby's mentioned it :LOL:

I like the edit Summer, it is a tidier composition.
Looks like quite a bright sky, what is the colour version like?

The only thing I think would add to the image is if there was a little movement in your daughter's hand, to show that she is waving but other than that, great work. Iain

Nice shot and even nicer edit!

It could be said to be an obvious one for the theme, but I think it works well and obvious is OK if it's a nice photo, as this one is.

I think the only thing that could have improved it would be something to make it look like she's at an airport; you don't often get to wave to a plane like that, but that doesn't detract from the photo :)

lol I did try to add a comet, it is ongoing. Trouble is she's as Ascot waving at her friend in the premier seats :LOL:

No need to apologise; I love it! I like that it, whatever "it" is, is out of focus making it very abstract!

:agree: with what Mark said Summer.

It has a very abstract feel about it, making the viewer try and work out what it is. Iain

thanks guys, still feel like it's a cop out tho :( didn't really stretch me

mmm it's pretty lil neon lights innit :p

it is probably the most unexpected boring object in the world :LOL:

Hi Summer, I love your random shot, great abstract even if it didn't challenge you, but what is it?

Temperature, another quick one but hey why waste the opportunity? Great DOF and I like the lines and colours in the glass. My only crit and I REALLY minor is there's a slight taper on the RHS, have you shot this square on or slightly from above? If the Galileo thermometer has a slight taper please ignore me! And I would maybe crop the LHS to make it more symmetrical.

Well done for still being here at week 22:clap:

hi marsha, random is a knitted hat made (by me) with rainbow yarn. Shot oof then boosted the colours.

for temperature I can't see a taper sorry

Hi, Summer, Random...it is. Nice colours but seems rushed and not one of your best.

Temperature, looks like an interesting instrument and I do like the vertical reflections. I suspect a bit more time would improve it. The focus is off on the 26 which, for me, is an integral part of the photograph. Symmetry is off (gap left and right different) and there is a lean/taper. I'd like to see is closer.

Cheers.

Sorry temperature isn't doing it for me this week summer, yes it looks an interesting object but the shot looks like a quick snap, the water level isn't straight and the crop isn't working for me, maybe a shot of the complete thing would work better. At least you have something up, I am still thinking of what to do.

Hi Summer

neat idea for Temperature , those Galileo thermometer's fascinate me ! Being an anorak I just measured the top & bottom of the glass & there's def a slight taper , only a matter of a few mm but it's there...wonder if it's the angle you shot at ?

I love the reflections in the glass...almost looks like you panned up n down the glass & like the use of DOF to creat that wonderful BG (y) Have to agree with andy's comment on the focus point though , sorry Would be good to see a shot of the whole object as well , to see all the various temp disc's near the bottom

Random - please don't apologise , it;s an interesting array of colours but i would not of guess it's a hat. (good knitting skills by the way but i'm no expert) i think the random colours work well but perhaps a shade lighter to show some of the linkage details ?

Temperature - Galileo thermometer, brilliant! I really like the way you have caught the reflections and ambient colours. However, I think the image could improve tenfold if the windows L/H/S could be cloned out. Only a minor niggle though and doesn't really detract I think your focus and DoF are very good. One to be proud of I think. Nice work (y)

Nick

Very nice shot for temperature; I love the reflections (except the windows, on which I agree with Nick even though I wouldn't be able to clone them out if I tried), especially the vertical stripes they give.

I agree re the taper or leaning. I had a play in Lightroom; hope you don't mind.

20120527-132417 by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Great work!

Very interesting photo, and I like the reflective colours - the water at the top indicates a taper but the 'liquid' in the globe (is that correct) is not so pronounced and the globe itself seems to taper the opposite way ... so for me no biggee ... I like it.

Love the muted green colours and an interesting subject its really hard to deal with reflections so I can't fault you there(y)

Random – Some very bright colours which helps with the random feel. Looks like a close up of a knitted jumper or scarf

Temperature – I think you’ve done well with this one. It’s not easy taking something so reflective.

thanks for the comments guys, thanks for the edit Mark, tho I really couldn't see a taper lol

Back