weekly Lizzy23's 52 thats me i made it 1/2 way, won't get to the end

They stick a sign anywhere these days don't they?

Hi Liz

of your 2 images for Authority think I'm drawn more to #2 ...& the 2nd cropped version is ...wanna say better but that doesn't sound right cos they're both good shots .Think it's the crop I prefer , closer to the sign...but on my screen at least it seems to have developed a slight pinky tinge?

Hi Liz

of your 2 images for Authority think I'm drawn more to #2 ...& the 2nd cropped version is ...wanna say better but that doesn't sound right cos they're both good shots .Think it's the crop I prefer , closer to the sign...but on my screen at least it seems to have developed a slight pinky tinge?

Looks ok from here Lynne, and i edited it on the PC and am looking at it on my lappy so 2 different screens

Hi Liz

Short - Prefer no:1 myself, I like seeing the actual 'short' in the glass, nicely set up and taken

Flight - Nice One... prefer the first again, nice angle it's taken from and I like all the
textures

Authority - Hmmm not sure here... The first says authority alot more, but I actually prefer the second shot up the dirt track, leads my eye nicely into the pic, and I love the hills and Sky !!!

Well done catching up (y)

Hi Liz

Short - Prefer no:1 myself, I like seeing the actual 'short' in the glass, nicely set up and taken

Flight - Nice One... prefer the first again, nice angle it's taken from and I like all the
textures

Authority - Hmmm not sure here... The first says authority alot more, but I actually prefer the second shot up the dirt track, leads my eye nicely into the pic, and I love the hills and Sky !!!

Well done catching up (y)

Flight – Another vote for #1

Authority – Again I’ll go with the flow for #2. The edit makes the image stronger but like Lynne I’m getting a pinky tinge as well

1st pic would be better without the yellow bin in it's a bit distracting but I do like the 2nd edit of the 2nd pic very dramatic sky

Hi Lizzy

Flight - good idea. I think both photos ok with a preference for #2. Both seem to have distracting bits or shadows in the background. Such a good idea that i think would have been better to have the flights on a dart and photo the back bit of the dart with some shaft and the whole flight.

Authority - Not taken with the police sign but the authority signs on the dales footway are good. like the zoomed in crop best as sign is clear and sky and path are better , but as with other comment, now sems a bit pinkish.

'Authority' - I like your recent edit, nice punchy colours. Bang on theme. Makes you wonder why you would take a vehicle up there in the first place unless you have a 4 x 4 !

Rather than try and shoe horn a photograph into the theme i've decided that at 20 weeks i can afford to play a joker, this was taken on Friday night when i was out with a Marsha, Shane, Peter and Sarah so taken within the week:)

Week 20 - Joker by jalizcazan, on Flickr

I've lost a little enthusiasm at the moment and i think its because i have had to go back to my 40D, because my 7d has gone back under warranty just when i feel that i was really gettiung to grips with it, so for Random i've gone with this, i think Spotify is one of the best online tools out there, and nothing like a Random Playlist to introduce me to music i don't normally listen to, i have 2 for you

Random 1 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Random 2 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

Hi, Liz...it's not easy maintaining the enthusiasm is it.....(y) Peaks and troughs, etc.

Random...nice and literal.

I'm sure you'll bounce back.

Cheers.

Hi Liz

Leave - Nice image with the winding path as well as the carved timber (Bench??) nice colours too

Random - Looking rather pixel'y to my eye's, cant look at it too long... but a bang on theme idea that's for sure :)

Shame about your 7d - nothing too bad I hope ??

(Thought I was going to have to send mine back earlier, had a bend CF card pin - but my wife rescued it)

Hi Liz

Leave - Nice image with the winding path as well as the carved timber (Bench??) nice colours too

Random - Looking rather pixel'y to my eye's, cant look at it too long... but a bang on theme idea that's for sure :)

Shame about your 7d - nothing too bad I hope ??

(Thought I was going to have to send mine back earlier, had a bend CF card pin - but my wife rescued it)

Thanks DK, the front Function wheel stopped working, and as its only 5 months old back it went, its took a while to get to grips with how it works and then its had to go back, so a bit flat, hopefully will be back this week

Authority, I like the edit a lot; very nice composition, with a wonderful sky.

Joker for leave is a nice shot, but not one of your best? Interesting bench though!

Random I'll comment on when I've due mine :)

Random is all about the thinking this week I reckon for you Liz. Clever thinking.

Authority, I like the edit a lot; very nice composition, with a wonderful sky.

Joker for leave is a nice shot, but not one of your best? Interesting bench though!

Random I'll comment on when I've due mine :)

Thanks

Random is all about the thinking this week I reckon for you Liz. Clever thinking.

Thanks needed to get something in as i have the week form hell this week

Clever idea for random Liz :) I don't really think screen shots ever work all that well, but I understand how you feel. If it helps, I'll gladly lend you my Sony? Your 40D will feel like a new camera after that!

Clever idea for random Liz :) I don't really think screen shots ever work all that well, but I understand how you feel. If it helps, I'll gladly lend you my Sony? Your 40D will feel like a new camera after that!

ahhh Thanks, i know its not the camera, but its the first time in my life that i've ever had anything that expensive brand new, just because i wanted it, it took me 20 years to get an expensive hobby after years of watching my oh at his expensive hobby, hopefully it will be back this week

Random - 'Spotify' Good choice and bang on theme and like the bench too.

I'm sorry your having a tough week this week. This really is a roller-coaster of a journey and when your busy and there are other distractions in your life it can be tough but we are all here to support you. Hopefully your 7D will be back with you very soon and with a sparkling sensor too. When you hold it again hopefully your photomojo will be back (y)

Keep smiling Nick

no 1 random for me, I'm sure getting the camera back will inspire you again.

Random - 'Spotify' Good choice and bang on theme and like the bench too.

I'm sorry your having a tough week this week. This really is a roller-coaster of a journey and when your busy and there are other distractions in your life it can be tough but we are all here to support you. Hopefully your 7D will be back with you very soon and with a sparkling sensor too. When you hold it again hopefully your photomojo will be back (y)

Keep smiling Nick

:plus1: keep going :)

Hi Liz, nice idea and bang on theme...hope you get ya 7D back soon...

no 1 random for me, I'm sure getting the camera back will inspire you again.

Out of those, I prefer number 2s layout. I hate it when cameras go wrong, I am currently persevering with my dodgy 30d until I can get to upgrade!

Thanks all for taking the time to comment and be encouraging, wex have been on and my baby should be back tomorrow:):):):)

Thanks DK, the front Function wheel stopped working, and as its only 5 months old back it went, its took a while to get to grips with how it works and then its had to go back, so a bit flat, hopefully will be back this week
Oh bugger.... is it back now??

I'd not like to be without mine :nuts:

Hi Liz. I know it may not be on theme for leave but I know how dark, damp and miserable it was when you took that shot of the bench and I think you've done well(y) I like the lighting falling different on the two posts.

I will hopefully get my photos sorted from our mini meet in the next few days! Just so busy!

I like the idea for random and think you've got just enough detail from the monitor to make it look like a photo.

lizzy23 said:
Thanks all for taking the time to comment and be encouraging, wex have been on and my baby should be back tomorrow:):):):)

I hope it arrives back safe and well from it's little holiday and in full working function. Maybe it will also include a bonus pack of mojo to get you back on track and in the mood:)

It was nice to meet you last week.

Just checking in - hopefully your cameras back now. The sun is shining so hopefully that will give you a bit of a lift and you will have a better week (y)

Nick

Leave - You've done well making it look like a bright and dry evening

Random - I'm not sure I'd have guessed that some of those tracks would be to your taste :LOL:

Just checking in - hopefully your cameras back now. The sun is shining so hopefully that will give you a bit of a lift and you will have a better week (y)

Nick

Thanks Nick, and yes my camera's back

Leave - You've done well making it look like a bright and dry evening

Random - I'm not sure I'd have guessed that some of those tracks would be to your taste :LOL:

Thanks Peter, some yes, some no, but it is fun to stick random playlist in and see what comes up
Good take on random, never thought of that.

Hope you bounce back and get back into the swing of things but dont force it just let it come back naturally!

Thanks Alex, feeling a bit more into it this week, just been been away all weekend and have a busy work week coming up

Is your camera back now?

Yep, in all its glory, just have to get the settings back to where i had them:)

Hi Liz

glad you've got your camera back & to see you still here , another 52 hardcore member & going strong (y)

Good literal take on the theme for Random...#2 for me just cos I prefer the layout , bit simpler with less to read...if that makes sense :LOL: Must confess...liking that playlist (y)

Hi Liz

glad you've got your camera back & to see you still here , another 52 hardcore member & going strong (y)

Good literal take on the theme for Random...#2 for me just cos I prefer the layout , bit simpler with less to read...if that makes sense :LOL: Must confess...liking that playlist (y)

Thanks Lynne, after a busy couple of weekends raising money for dog rescue and Flyballing, hopefully i will be back on track today

Lizzy's Back, after a very busy couple of weeks with one thing and another, after finishing 3 weeks worth of ironing i thought i would get the camera out, i keep forgetting that its totally acceptable to take photos in the house, anyway here goes

Week 22 Temperature, very literal but i loved the colours, very pleasing to the eye

_MG_2874 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

_MG_2877 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

and week 23 abstract, again can't decide on these, i like all the patterns and shapes that have been created

_MG_2862 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

_MG_2864 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

_MG_2868 by jalizcazan, on Flickr

i shall now go and catch up on all your 52's and wait for next week's theme:):):)

Hi, Liz, missed a few...

Random, bang on theme and I'll opt of #1.

Temperature....on theme and very vivid colours. Composition is a bit off in #1 and the text in the top section (in the arrow) looks a bit odd.

Abstract, #1 the top left red bit distracts a tad as does the bubble ? on the left of #2, #3 is my favourite. Swirl in a glass or perhaps kitchen sink :thinking:

Cheers.

Hi, Liz, missed a few...

Random, bang on theme and I'll opt of #1.

Temperature....on theme and very vivid colours. Composition is a bit off in #1 and the text in the top section (in the arrow) looks a bit odd.

Abstract, #1 the top left red bit distracts a tad as does the bubble ? on the left of #2, #3 is my favourite. Swirl in a glass or perhaps kitchen sink :thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, and no it was oil messed around with in my plastic pimms jug which has nice textured sides anyway

Back