weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

Summer - That's a great photo for Abstract! Fantastic colours and shapes. (y) I would have preferred a crop with the same amount of dead space on all sides of the circle, but it's only a very minor niggle.

thanks Michael. I wasn't sure whether to use a distort or not but my zoom bursts and close-ups just weren't doing it for me

thanks Nathalie, there's always something I miss... :LOL:

Abstract is a cracker...totally on theme, at least how I interpret it....:D

Minor point but have to say, there's a bit of extra room on the right and bottom.

Cheers.

Bet you wish you'd saved your hat now eh?!

Great shot. I love the colours and the clean contrast with the black.

It's a tiny bit off centre which is a shame with such a shape, but that's minor.

Wonderful!

thanks guys, it's a rainbow-coloured garden spinner made up of 3 circles. I took the shot on slow shutter to get motion blur then pp'd it with 'pinch and whirl' in Picasa :) oh yeah and I painted the bg black to get rid of the grass.

Crazy shot Summer, love the colours and the rippling effect. ;)

thanks guys - Nick the 'thing' is explained 2 posts above yours :LOL: also you can see an 'original' on my flickr

Random - nice colours, definitely is random so good for the theme!

Temperature - good demonstration of temperature. Clever thermometers these things, love how they work.

Abstract - nice!! Different again. Good clear patterns and good colour coming through

symmetry next :) if only I had a model :(

Hi Summer

finally found it ....I'd seen your image earlier but never got round to commenting & then couldn't remember whose it was :bonk:

Love it ,love it,love it....oh yes.... & I love it , great colors ,very striking....superb :clap::clap:

thank-you Lynne :)

symmetry - took me ages to do this and I'm still not happy with the light :( the glasses are hand made and it was only after I'd done it that I realised the patterns are slightly different on each one

grrrrrrrrr

week 24 symmetry by moominmama, on Flickr

Hi Summer the light must have been really difficult to handle, but you have done a good job on it (y).The image seems slightly on an angle as in the left hand glass looks further back :thinking:.
Just a thought but 1 glass on its own would still be symmetrical.

Hi, I'm on my phone but I do like the simplicity of your symmetry. It looks nice
.and sharp.

As Alan said the perspective looks slightly out.

Cheers.

As the others have said, its a little off. Would be better straight on. Think that is going to be key with this weeks theme.

Good thinking with the glasses, looks a nice shot. Simple and effective.

As said it's nice and sharp although not quite exactly symmetrical but no major issues with that. I can't decide whether a 90 degree rotation would work.

Oooh, symmetrical subject shot asymmetrically! It works extremely well like that, I love it! Can't fault it :)

ahhh for all the lovely comments I thank you, it still annoys me tho :LOL: stoopid glasses

well done Summer, i like this, you've managed the focus and lighting well

ok I have done 3 - yay

first is a re-shoot of money - I actually took this as part of the original money set but decided not to use it. For the re-shoot part I redid the processing

thre'penny bit by moominmama, on Flickr

I also wanted to redo symmetrical and spotted this one today, it's kind of symmetrical but also not, as the right hand arch has a path but the left hand arch has a river. It would have been better had I stood in the river to get the pillar more central *hmmm* must get some wellies

Barton's mill by moominmama, on Flickr

and finally - moody

week 25- moody by moominmama, on Flickr

Last edited:
thanks Andy - much better than the spinning-coin attempt :banana:

thanks Mike, I have a vague idea lol I was fiddling around so much with this and that. I will try and recreate it and make notes :)

HI Summer

think all's been said on Symmetry , like the idea , nice n sharpe & beautiful glasses :)

Reshoot's....great detail in the coin , all the wear marks add texture...nice shoot (y)

Not so taken with your Symmetry reshoot , sorry , nothing wrong with it just not appealing :crying:

LOVE the barbed wire for Moddy....great choice of pp...lovely :clap:

Money reshoot - love this, great focus and level of detail. Excellent.

Symmetry reshoot - not working for me, like you say wellies and standing in the river may have made this one better and probably a wider a shot to see the arches properly.

Moody - another good one, the mood is definitely there!

Money is excellent nice detail on the coin

Symmetry not sure about i see what you were doing but its not quite there

Moody very good and nice processing :clap:

Back