Leave - great dof, love it

Random - excellent capturing of the fish

Temperature - absolutely loving the bacon shot, dof just superb

Hey DK, Mr catch up here.

Authority - like the idea and well captured

Leave - great dof, love it

Random - excellent capturing of the fish

Temperature - absolutely loving the bacon shot, dof just superb
Cheers Simon - good to see you about again :)

both pictures are well taken nicely exposed but the bacon for me :) for some reason I am now hungry:exit:

Hi DK

Random - really nice shot, altho I agree with another comment that the veg at the side is a little distracting - it's the stalk rather than the leaves i think.
Well caught, really nice colours ang ripples really add to effect.(y)

Shower - I think that the shower is a good original idea for the shot but it does not seem to have worked out too well. Whereas the bacon shot shows real temperature - almost like a furnace and parts seem almost molten. good capture(y)

Hi DK

Random - really nice shot, altho I agree with another comment that the veg at the side is a little distracting - it's the stalk rather than the leaves i think.
Well caught, really nice colours ang ripples really add to effect.(y)
Thanks Alan, i'll have another look :)

Shower - I think that the shower is a good original idea for the shot but it does not seem to have worked out too well. Whereas the bacon shot shows real temperature - almost like a furnace and parts seem almost molten. good capture(y)
Thanks Again... the bacon sure was sizzlin, unlike the shower that was a very timid shot looking back at it

Nicely timed shot of the Koi :)

As for temperature - the shower shot would perhaps be better if it shown the steam coming off the water?
As for the bacon shot, YUMMY! Nice bokeh :)

I prefer the bacon shot. The bokeh has been nicely rendered.
Thanks Peter :)

Nicely timed shot of the Koi :)

As for temperature - the shower shot would perhaps be better if it shown the steam coming off the water?
As for the bacon shot, YUMMY! Nice bokeh :)
Cheers Dade

I agree steam would have been ideal... thanks again for the Bacon shot Compliment !!!

Hi ya :wave:

bacon ....ooooh yummy yummy....looks so good I can almost taste it ...excellent shot mister :clap:

& I love your shower....want those tiles & that shower unit , very posh :D

The shower doesn't do a lot for me I'm afraid, bu tI love the bacon shot. Truly wonderful :) Love the colours and the bokeh.

Well... this week, ok last weeks pic, I am not sure whether I have cropped enough to make it abstract, as to me it is still too obvious what it is... I have an alternative on my Flickr that is colour, but as an image I prefer this one.... please let me know what you think

Wk23 - 'Abstract'

Wk23 - Abstract by TP DK..., on Flickr

Cheers for looking :)

It's not obvious to me :thinking: or maybe I'm a bit slow. I can't decide whether I prefer this one or the colour alternative. I think the B&W has it due to starburst just adding a point of interest which suits the shiny subject matter.

It's not obvious to me :thinking: or maybe I'm a bit slow. I can't decide whether I prefer this one or the colour alternative. I think the B&W has it due to starburst just adding a point of interest which suits the shiny subject matter.
Well... I'm not going to give the game away yet then :D

Like it, but I'm stumped as to what it might be. Something to do with food perhaps?
Thanks Bob... nope, not a food thing :)

Abstract - I had a look on Flickr - prefer the one you have posted. Definitely more abstract! and the B&W and starburst work well. NO IDEA what on earth it is!
Thanks Mike... maybe I should go with my gut feeling rather than putting two up, I suppose I did a bit more this time by leaving the alternate on flickr :thinking:

The one you posted above is much better, like the b+w conversion and the star burst too.
Cheers Michael :) ... do you think it is cropped enough, or a tighter crop would make it more abstract??

Not a clue what it is, which is good, interesting, and that star burst looks great... liking the mono

I think it's abstract. I can't for the life of me see what it is, unless it's an instrument of torture perhaps?

wonderful photo! I love the B&W and the star burst.

Not a clue what it is, which is good, interesting, and that star burst looks great... liking the mono
Hi John

Thanks for popping in, and thanks for the feedback :)

I think it's abstract. I can't for the life of me see what it is, unless it's an instrument of torture perhaps?

wonderful photo! I love the B&W and the star burst.
Hi Mark

Instrument of torture... could be :LOL: it is in fact a pair of 'Steampunk' goggles/glasses of my daughters

I'm glad you like it and agree it's abstract, at times I am doubtful, but guess it is what we want it to be with such a subject

Well... This week I wanted to catch something with general symmetry rather than something straight on symmetrical - that's my excuse anyway :D

Wk24 'Symmetry' The fence I put in to divide up my garden a bit...

Wk24 - 'Symmetry' by TP DK..., on Flickr

Again thanks for looking :)

Hi DK, haven't been round for a while so here goes

Temperature - yes i'm loving the bacon the DOF works really well

Abstract, i think you're right i'd have probably cropped a little tighter, i don't know what it is, but its obvious its something

Symmetry - the lead in is nice, i find the trees above a bit distracting, and my eye is drawn to the sky above the hedge, which looks a tad blown, i have to wonder looking at the light whether there may have been a more interesting sky from a different angle?

Hi DK

Abstract - as no one knew what it was until you spilled the beans, I think that it is def abstract and on theme. :D

I agree that a tighter crop might work but love the starburst and tho I have not looked at the colour on flickr, I think that the mono suits it.(y)

Symmetry - I like the idea of not making it immediately apparently symmetrical. (y) --- Excellent idea.

But it seems to lack impact and my eye is drawn to the green/blue object behind the first piece of fence. Doesn't seem to be a lot of contrast in the pic.

Hi DK, haven't been round for a while so here goes

Temperature - yes i'm loving the bacon the DOF works really well
Thanks Liz

Abstract, i think you're right i'd have probably cropped a little tighter, i don't know what it is, but its obvious its something
Thanks :) I may try a tighter crop tonight as long as a movie doesn't take my fancy :D

Symmetry - the lead in is nice, i find the trees above a bit distracting, and my eye is drawn to the sky above the hedge, which looks a tad blown, i have to wonder looking at the light whether there may have been a more interesting sky from a different angle?
Yeah the sky... I did try increasing the blue in the sky, according to LR4 the sky is not blown, just white clouds with no blue sky :(

I did try several different angles but with sheds, a greenhouse and a chicken coup were somewhat distracting :D

I'll load up one of my others :)

Here is one from the opposite direction... I know the sky is better, but I think the symmetry with the arch is lost... what do you think ?? of the photo that is... I know the grass needs cutting and the hedge needs a good trim :whistle:

Wk 24 'Symmetry' alternate shot by TP DK..., on Flickr

Last edited:
Difficult one. Composition and onthemeiness (?) are better in one, but two does have more punch. I think it might be because the fence nearest the camera is too well exposed. I think it needs to be darker to get more contrast.

Hi DK, I prefer the angle of #1 as it does say symmetry more than #2. Though the sky is better in the second!
Hi Sara... Same here, that's the problem :thinking:

Well done for getting it in on time!!:):)
Extra Thanks... wow it's like getting homework in on time too :D

Difficult one. Composition and onthemeiness (?) are better in one, but two does have more punch. I think it might be because the fence nearest the camera is too well exposed. I think it needs to be darker to get more contrast.
Onthemeiness - 'Added to Dictionary' :LOL:

Any suggestions how to change it in LR ?? I have already reduced highlights, upped contrast, more blacks along with a bit more shadow detail - I KNOW, take the Picture properly in the first place :geek:

Cheers Mark

For abstract, I think a tighter crop would work on it!
I shall give it a go - cheers Michael :)

As for symmetry, I can't make my mind up, I like number 1, but at the same time I like number 2, when I saw it I thought it was better...
:thinking:

Any suggestions how to change it in LR ?? I have already reduced highlights, upped contrast, more blacks along with a bit more shadow detail

I had a play with graduated filters and vignettes on number one in PS Touch, and recon you could get a big improvement using those (especially the vignettes) in LR. They don't enhance symmetry, but do focus your eye better, and give it a bit more punch.

I think I prefer abstract with the wider crop. I think it loses something interesting when cropped too tight.

I had a play with graduated filters and vignettes on number one in PS Touch, and recon you could get a big improvement using those (especially the vignettes) in LR. They don't enhance symmetry, but do focus your eye better, and give it a bit more punch.

I think I prefer abstract with the wider crop. I think it loses something interesting when cropped too tight.
Nice one thanks Mark :)

PP is something I am beginning to do more of, and I really enjoy it, I'll have a go at the grad filters etc

I think your right about the crop too (y)

I think vignettes work best when very subtle. In most cases, I don't think the viewer should notice they're there until they're pointed out. It doesn't take much to make a big improvement (and not a lot more to ruin the picture!)..

Back