weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

good take on the theme most people these days with the advent of social media have a very different idea of what friendship is :clap:

Hi DK,

Friendship, definitely a sign of the times! We're they actually talking as they look a bit dazed!

My only crit is the little red light on the right side of the the head phones, I can't stop looking at it!
Hey Marsha

Yeah they were talking... maybe camera shy :D

Light was much brighter... toned it down a bit but needs to be more you think ??

Wk 40 - 'Change' SOOC

This week I wanted to do something other than trees... but due to such a busy week, I give you... Leaves on one of my climbers :D

I think the shot needs deeper DOF, I have a couple that do have but the colours are much poorer

Wk40 - 'Change' by TP DK..., on Flickr

Dark Knight said:
Light was much brighter... toned it down a bit but needs to be more you think ??
Yes, I think it's still a little bright! What is the light for? I think it would work well to warn cars about pedestrians if they were worn walking down the street:bonk:

Change, :LOL: you too have succumbed to the autumnal leaf! Nice and sharp for SOOC and lovely colours in the leaves. The twig top right is a tad annoying, I would a have tried to shoot closer or snap that off :whistle: Have you done a PP'd version too?

You've caught some really nice colours in the photo. The reds are obviously prominent as they're the main subject but the blues and greens are well caught as well.

Not sure that needs any more DOF DK... I like it, great colours, really autumnal and changing ;)... gotta agree on that twig though... but as I doubt I'd have noticed it ... :bonk:

The colours are excellent the red blue and green work well together

Yes, I think it's still a little bright! What is the light for? I think it would work well to warn cars about pedestrians if they were worn walking down the street:bonk:
Ahhh ok, it's a special feature :LOL:

But now you mention it It stands out loads :bonk:

Change, :LOL: you too have succumbed to the autumnal leaf! Nice and sharp for SOOC and lovely colours in the leaves. The twig top right is a tad annoying, I would a have tried to shoot closer or snap that off :whistle: Have you done a PP'd version too?

I will do a pp'd once I've caught up on others again, as for the twig.... what twig :cautious:

:D

You've caught some really nice colours in the photo. The reds are obviously prominent as they're the main subject but the blues and greens are well caught as well.
Thanks Peter :) That's what I was going for, shots in the other direction with light coming through the leaves just didn't have the same variety of colours... or twigs :LOL:

Not sure that needs any more DOF DK... I like it, great colours, really autumnal and changing ;)... gotta agree on that twig though... but as I doubt I'd have noticed it ... :bonk:
Cheers John :) I wasn't sure on the dof... was hand held and first few shots I did much deeper... were as soft as !!!!!

Thank god for LR... as didn't spot the twig at the time, it is quite a way away

The colours are excellent the red blue and green work well together
Thanks Allan :)

Hi DK

Friendship - all has been said about today's ways of communicating. Very good idea, nice that the webcams were both working so that it is obvious that 2 people are talking. Really good shot for the theme(y)

Change - super for SOOC. Lovely colours throughout and nice composition. Twig really didn't bother me that much and now I can only see where you have removed it because i had #1 for comparison

Hi DK

Friendship - all has been said about today's ways of communicating. Very good idea, nice that the webcams were both working so that it is obvious that 2 people are talking. Really good shot for the theme(y)

Change - super for SOOC. Lovely colours throughout and nice composition. Twig really didn't bother me that much and now I can only see where you have removed it because i had #1 for comparison
Thanks Alan :)

the twig removal was a real cop out really, couldn't be bothered to clone it out in PS so just used the LR spot removal and did leafy/twig type bits to disguise it :D

Hi ya

Friendship....bring back the days of letter writing & actually meeting people face to face...ye god's I'm old...& I can't use my webcam - need a teenager to show me how to :LOL:

Neat take on the theme , difficult lighting has been handled well...red light bugs as it draws my eye but guess it's part of the set up....sparky's tape would have coved it though (y)

SOOC.....thats pretty darn impressive for SOOC mister , colors & lighting look real good :clap:

Hi ya

Friendship....bring back the days of letter writing & actually meeting people face to face...ye god's I'm old...& I can't use my webcam - need a teenager to show me how to :LOL:

Neat take on the theme , difficult lighting has been handled well...red light bugs as it draws my eye but guess it's part of the set up....sparky's tape would have coved it though (y)

SOOC.....thats pretty darn impressive for SOOC mister , colors & lighting look real good :clap:
Thanks Lynne :)

I originally thought the red light looked good :D

The Coast to Coast TP meet was a great day, here is the first shot of my catch-ups

I'm not sure which to go for so here is a couple of offerings of the same item

Wk31 - 'Mineral'

Wk31 - 'Mineral' 1
by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk31 - 'Mineral' 2
by TP DK..., on Flickr

Last edited:
'ello, Change, some great reds there and it's one that I do like. I'm really drawn to the section where the red leaves meet the blue sky.

Mineral, wow that's one hell of a transition between the light and dark rock. #1 one for me. Prefer the closer composition that shows more detail - tad off the top for me, to just below the green stuff.

Cheers.

Mineral... gotta be #1... amazing textures and details in them thar rocks.. it's got me wondering what mineral deposits would cause those colours :D... T

Another vote for number 1 the second shot seems to lose something but the first really shows off the rock and the colour change :clap:

'ello, Change, some great reds there and it's one that I do like. I'm really drawn to the section where the red leaves meet the blue sky.
Cheers Andy :)

Mineral, wow that's one hell of a transition between the light and dark rock. #1 one for me. Prefer the closer composition that shows more detail - tad off the top for me, to just below the green stuff.

Cheers.
Yeah that sure is a sudden change... makes me wonder what could be found with a bit of investigation :)

Mineral... gotta be #1... amazing textures and details in them thar rocks.. it's got me wondering what mineral deposits would cause those colours :D... T
Thanks John :)

Do you have an idea what it could be ??

Another vote for number 1 the second shot seems to lose something but the first really shows off the rock and the colour change :clap:
Thanks Allan :)

The better late than never approach :LOL: Well done for going back.

I'd go for #1. You've captured the colours nicely and certainly hits the theme. I like who you've included both strata of rock as well.

The better late than never approach :LOL: Well done for going back.

I'd go for #1. You've captured the colours nicely and certainly hits the theme. I like who you've included both strata of rock as well.
Cheers Peter :)

The colours were very vivid, really surprised me with the changes

Hi DK, I Love number one :clap: The sudden colour change in the rock layers is crazy and perfect for the theme! I agree with Andy about a crop off the top to just below the green stuff top left.
Thanks Marsha :)

Well... with both of you saying it, and a bit of time to spare for a change, I'll do that now :)

Right.... TP meet on Saturday ended up at Hunstanton to try and catch a Sunset, the day had been pretty apaling with no sunrise and tides in when we wanted to get places.

All was not lost and the evening produced a great sky... Tough choice for me though as I have edited 3, all different in there own way, I know which One I think it should be, but wonder if you agree - THANKS

Wk 41 - 'Natural'

Wk41 - 'Natural' alt 1 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Wk41 - 'Natural' alt 2 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Wk41 - 'Natural' by TP DK..., on Flickr

Thanks One and All :)

Yep the crop is better, but think you need to crop more, to just above the ridge, below that green stuff rather than clone it out. I just don't think you need so much of the white rock:thinking:

Natural :clap:

I saw number one and went 'ooOOOoo'

I saw number two and went 'ooooOOOOoooo'

Then I saw three and went 'ooooooOOOOOOooooo'

Nuf said? Love em :clap:

has to be number 2 for me the foreground in number 3 is excellent too :clap:

Dean, sorry, not a clue on what the minerals might be... was just wondering... Like the edit by the way, even better.

Natural, lovely sunsets, gonna go with #2 I think, the colours, the painted clouds reaching all the way to the edge of the frame, and the reflections.. although number 1 is not far behind. I feel that whilst the third is good, it's not got the same impact as the painted clouds don't reach up the frame.

Seeing as youve commented on mine I thought it only right to take a look at your 52 :)

I did snigger at the loo roll shot!!

I really like the 4 in 1 of your bathroom. Great idea (as the roots) but the bathroom one comes off really well.

And the recent sunset shots are lovely :)

Hi DK

Mineral - good catch up. Like the crop (partic as orig has gone). Good colours and definition and fite the theme.

Natural - all on theme: the water the rocks, the clouds. Good shots. For me #1 as it looks the most natural and I like the forgound and mid ground interest and the way that the channel at the top left weaves out of frame.

Lovely sunsets, Dean.....just when we thought all was lost, mother nature came to the rescue!! :D

Where's your "tractor-tracks" shot.....looking forward to that one!! (y)

Lovely set Dean. Looks like you had a cracking day. That sunset in #2 has some stunning colours in the clouds and reflections. Great one.
Thanks Peter :)

It really was a great end to the day !!!!

Prefer the crop of mineral, those sunsets are lovely, really like number 2, some cracking colours in there!
Thanks Michael

All are pretty much SOOC, minor increase or decrease of exposure, and shadow detail, no changes to saturation or colours

Yep the crop is better, but think you need to crop more, to just above the ridge, below that green stuff rather than clone it out. I just don't think you need so much of the white rock:thinking:
Thanks Marsha :)

I'll give that a go too then... I see what your saying, the layers will be more even

Natural :clap:

I saw number one and went 'ooOOOoo'

I saw number two and went 'ooooOOOOoooo'

Then I saw three and went 'ooooooOOOOOOooooo'

Nuf said? Love em :clap:
OooooooOOOooooo Thanks :D

has to be number 2 for me the foreground in number 3 is excellent too :clap:
Cheers Allan :)

The foreground for 3 is my choice, but they all have their fav parts for me, hence the decision

Love those sunsets
Thanks Mike :)

Dean, sorry, not a clue on what the minerals might be... was just wondering... Like the edit by the way, even better.
That's a shame, thanks anyway mate :)

Natural, lovely sunsets, gonna go with #2 I think, the colours, the painted clouds reaching all the way to the edge of the frame, and the reflections.. although number 1 is not far behind. I feel that whilst the third is good, it's not got the same impact as the painted clouds don't reach up the frame.
Very good reasoning indeed John... appreciated (y)

Seeing as youve commented on mine I thought it only right to take a look at your 52 :)

I did snigger at the loo roll shot!!
Good :D

I really like the 4 in 1 of your bathroom. Great idea (as the roots) but the bathroom one comes off really well.
Thanks... that's 2 times it has helped me out of a muddle :)

And the recent sunset shots are lovely :)
Thanks... and thanks for popping in :)

Back