weekly DK's 2012 '52' - UPDATED 28-12-12

Hey Alan :)

Mineral - good catch up. Like the crop (partic as orig has gone). Good colours and definition and fite the theme.
Thanks mate... it should be there though, not taken it down (Ahhh put to Private though so 2 don't show up on my Sig :D)

Natural - all on theme: the water the rocks, the clouds. Good shots. For me #1 as it looks the most natural and I like the forgound and mid ground interest and the way that the channel at the top left weaves out of frame.
I see what your saying and all the good points I saw, I just prefer the deeper colours in the next ones :)

Lovely sunsets, Dean.....just when we thought all was lost, mother nature came to the rescue!! :D
Didn't it just :)

Where's your "tractor-tracks" shot.....looking forward to that one!! (y)
Ahhhh they are on their way tonight... But there is going to be a choice again :LOL:

Well then... Next in my catch up is Age

I have again 2 shots here I'm afraid,

1) this first is very simple, but I really like it because of that, this too is my first attempt at off camera flash - and I must say I'm addicted to it :LOL:

The shot is of a track that has fallen off one of the tractors that are used to bring in the fishing boats...

Thanks to Damien for the expert tuition with the flash, it's amazing at the difference it makes (y)

Wk 42 - AGE Alternate shot

Wk42 - 'AGE' Alternate simplistic shot by TP DK..., on Flickr

2) Again a shot with off camera flash, this shows another Tractor that is still in use today, as you can tell, it's very old and amazing to think it still works !!!!

Wk42 - 'AGE' by TP DK..., on Flickr

Hi DK,

Yay for OCF, it's good isn't it? Did you use the 7D's built in trigger? Where did the have the flash pointing? I'm just being nosey as always wanting to know how people do things!

I like the track shot, I see what Michael is saying about more DOF though.

As for the old tractor. I bet that heap of rust still works! Nice composition and a hint of blue sky too (y)

Good work on "Age" Dean (y)
#2 gets my vote, it really tells a story in one frame I think.
Love the detail you've captured in there too. Could have been tricky exposure wise I can imagine with the rusty tractor against the white boat.

#1 is a close second though, just a little more dof to get all the detail into what looks to me like a carcass of some sea creature :wacky: :LOL:

Liking those 2 Dean, the ocf works really well. Number 1, I think it needs a little more dof. Number 2 it is fir me, nice lighting and I like the fact you have the boat in view too. Certainly a work horse that tractor!
I agree about the dof, which is a shame I had high hopes for the shots... but still like it :)

Hi DK,

Yay for OCF, it's good isn't it? Did you use the 7D's built in trigger? Where did the have the flash pointing? I'm just being nosey as always wanting to know how people do things!
Hi Marsha...

Nope, I got myself a set of 3 Yongnuo RF-603 wireless flash triggers... from fleabay :)

In the first Damien was holding the flash to the right by a meter of so and back a meter, set on 1/2 power

In the second, Damien again 2 or 3 mtrs to the left, again 1/2 power mainly aiming at the engine bay type area, the sides of the tracks/wheels show much more detail than without it :)

I like the track shot, I see what Michael is saying about more DOF though.
Yep... me too

As for the old tractor. I bet that heap of rust still works! Nice composition and a hint of blue sky too (y)
It sure does work... more than I can say about the other on the beach

Good work on "Age" Dean (y)
#2 gets my vote, it really tells a story in one frame I think.
Love the detail you've captured in there too. Could have been tricky exposure wise I can imagine with the rusty tractor against the white boat.
Thanks Iain :)

#1 is a close second though, just a little more dof to get all the detail into what looks to me like a carcass of some sea creature :wacky: :LOL:
:D Once the shots were taken I then had the thought that a similar shot with the track and stones wet will add a lot more to the shot, so will be paying a re-visit for sure !!!!

Hi, there, Age, #1 for me. Liking the minimal nature and some cracking detail. Any a bit closer?

Cheers.
Hi Andy... Your the first :)

Funnily enough I did try a few crops to see if it worked closer, but wasn't so sure, I did many of the falling apart tractor though...

Here is a crop....

Wk42 - Age, Alt 1 Crop by TP DK..., on Flickr

Right......

To get me up to date - I know don't all faint :D

I walked out into the garden a couple of days ago in actual daylight (due to having to wait for British Gas to do a meter change so working from home)and I found these yet more fresh leaves 'Spread' all over the ground

I liked the colours of the leaves against the grass, and the dampness helped enhance the colours nicely I thought...

Not very exciting but I give you Wk 43 - 'Spread'

Wk 43 - 'Spread' by TP DK..., on Flickr

Age - I like the editted version. Maybe a bit tight to the edges but I like it nonetheless. Definitely gives an aged feel to it. Some nice lighting as well.

Spread - Nice one. The colours of those leaves work well against the green grass.

PS - This catching up lark has got you giddy - don't forget to update the thread title :LOL:

Age - I like the editted version. Maybe a bit tight to the edges but I like it nonetheless. Definitely gives an aged feel to it. Some nice lighting as well.

Spread - Nice one. The colours of those leaves work well against the green grass.

PS - This catching up lark has got you giddy - don't forget to update the thread title :LOL:
Cheers Peter.... It has made me all light headed :D

Hi DK

Age - #1 does not do a lot for me but in its tighter crop (perhaps a bit too tight on the RHS) I think that it works very well. Good detail, colour and lighting and hits the theme.

#2 would have been my pick tho, because I think that it demonstrates age better, not rlying just on rust to give the imparession. Including the towed boat also indicates that the tractor may be aged but still performs its tasks. Good shot and interesting info on the ocf

Spread - Good idea (I had it myself :D). Good colours and a good comp as the 'spread' is just right. Agree your comment re the damp.

Last edited:
the crop of AGE works really well it is certainly aged

Spread you are right about the colour of the leaves and the dampness gives it a good contrast

well done for catching up you'd better sit down and have a rest :LOL:

Well caught up Dean (y)

A simple but effective take on the theme. I like the contrast of the dark wet leaves against the vivid green grass. Iain

Dark Knight said:
Nope, I got myself a set of 3 Yongnuo RF-603 wireless flash triggers... from fleabay :)
I've got some of them too, but they're fickle creatures and wouldn't work properly when I did my flow shot! Not played with them since. I use the built in wireless transmitters quite a lot still!

Spread, nice and simple. I keep looking at the leaves all over but haven't got the inspiration to stalk some with my camera yet!

Glad you're all caught up now :)

Hi DK,

Hope you are keeping well and thanks for al your comments while I have been away.

Age - I really like your image of the tractor and boat, the close up of the broken track is nice too but the 'bigger picture' puts it into context for me.

Spread - Nice autumnal colours, looks very crisp and fresh, great depth of field and focus too :)

Quite like it Dean, nice and simple and effective.
Cheers Michael... There certainly wasnt much thought to it, I took maybe 6 shots from different angles and different crops, I am glad to actually catch up... again :D

Hi DK

Age - #1 does not do a lot for me but in its tighter crop (perhaps a bit too tight on the RHS) I think that it works very well. Good detail, colour and lighting and hits the theme.
Thanks Alan - it is a bit tight isn't it :D

#2 would have been my pick tho, because I think that it demonstrates age better, not rlying just on rust to give the imparession. Including the towed bat also indicates that the tractor may be aged but still performs its tasks. Good shot and interesting info on the ocf
Cool... that's what we thought, there were guys working in the boat at first, so was glad when they got out they made the shot look untidy ;)

Spread - Good idea (I had it myself :D). Good colours and a good comp as the 'spread' is just right. Agree your comment re the damp.
Yay (y)

the crop of AGE works really well it is certainly aged
Cheers Allan :)

Spread you are right about the colour of the leaves and the dampness gives it a good contrast
and thanks again too :)

well done for catching up you'd better sit down and have a rest :LOL:[/QUOTE]I needed it :LOL:

Well caught up Dean (y)

A simple but effective take on the theme. I like the contrast of the dark wet leaves against the vivid green grass. Iain
Thanks Iain... it does make things easier, I even get to look around the rest of the forum for a change

I've got some of them too, but they're fickle creatures and wouldn't work properly when I did my flow shot! Not played with them since. I use the built in wireless transmitters quite a lot still!
Ahhhh do you... I tried that once but didn't have the greatest of results, guess we need to swap tips :D

Spread, nice and simple. I keep looking at the leaves all over but haven't got the inspiration to stalk some with my camera yet!
|Naughty you :nono:

Get out there tomorrow before they all blow away

Glad you're all caught up now :)
:)

Hi DK,

Hope you are keeping well and thanks for al your comments while I have been away.
Hay Nick... I'm good thanks, good to have you back, you did great keeping up with things (y)

Age - I really like your image of the tractor and boat, the close up of the broken track is nice too but the 'bigger picture' puts it into context for me.
Yeah.... if it was damp maybe the wider shot would work better

Spread - Nice autumnal colours, looks very crisp and fresh, great depth of field and focus too :)
Again.... cheers (y)

Flippin nora Dk , where'd all these new shots come from :eek:

Spread...lovely abstract , great contrast in the colors with the mositure adding a bit of...something just not sure what :LOL:

Mineral ( I think), the rocks shot...prefer the crop as it shows the detail better along with the contrast between the layers, lovely find for the theme(y)

Natural...a set of cracking images but #2 edges ahead for me,bit more bibrance n the colors & great reflection in the water....for me , the set should be printed on acrylic & hung on a wall :clap::clap:

Age..think I'm prefering the crop of the rusty track thing closely followed by the larger version...both good shots & perfectly on theme :clap:

Alas I'm working 7-4, tomorrow that means in and out of work in darkness :razz:
Ahhhh excuses excuses :LOL:

Flippin nora Dk , where'd all these new shots come from :eek:
Hi Lynne

Surprising how a quick catch up fills the page :D

Spread...lovely abstract , great contrast in the colors with the mositure adding a bit of...something just not sure what :LOL:
Exactly :LOL:

Mineral ( I think), the rocks shot...prefer the crop as it shows the detail better along with the contrast between the layers, lovely find for the theme(y)

Natural...a set of cracking images but #2 edges ahead for me,bit more bibrance n the colors & great reflection in the water....for me , the set should be printed on acrylic & hung on a wall :clap:
OooooOOOoo MANY Thanks :geek:

Age..think I'm prefering the crop of the rusty track thing closely followed by the larger version...both good shots & perfectly on theme :clap:
These ones are getting a wide choice by the sounds of it - thanks for the in depth comments :)

Love that single track Dean, like you, I like the simplicity of it. I do like the second, but my vote would be for the first. Nice job with the ocf... it's something I've played with, but not in any great way really.

Spread, simple, fits the theme, and the colours look great.

*waves* more cracking shots!

Duo - great take on the theme, not much I can say about this except for well done on a well execute great idea!!

Flow - nice story board for the theme, glad you added the explanation as I thought you were just taking water related things but you took it to the next level!!

Up - love it, gorgeous sky, sucker for shots like this.

Friendship - good idea for the theme and very true of how people communicate now.

Change - great sooc shot! Lovely colour contrasts.

Natural - love them! Like Up, I love this type of shot the colours are so strong and a wonderful demonstration of what nature can present us.

Age - good use of ocf, its not something I have mastered yet. Like the crop for this one.

Spread - another good autumn shot, nice colour contrast.

Hi DK - Age. Liking your chosen pic very much. Perhaps more of a portrait crop with more blue sky would work? I'm trying to get into off camera flash myself, finding it difficult but satisfying.
Hi Mike... Thanks :)

Portrait shot.... I know, i really should of but didn't even think it at the time :bang:

*waves* more cracking shots!
Hey Alex... good to see you back :)

Duo - great take on the theme, not much I can say about this except for well done on a well execute great idea!!

Flow - nice story board for the theme, glad you added the explanation as I thought you were just taking water related things but you took it to the next level!!
Yeah I realise the comment really was needed, strange I thought everybody would know what I was doing :LOL:

Up - love it, gorgeous sky, sucker for shots like this.

Friendship - good idea for the theme and very true of how people communicate now.
I should say a sad reflection on the times we live... but it also brings Many people together in a strange way !!!!

Change - great sooc shot! Lovely colour contrasts.
:)

Natural - love them! Like Up, I love this type of shot the colours are so strong and a wonderful demonstration of what nature can present us.
Cheers again :)

Age - good use of ocf, its not something I have mastered yet. Like the crop for this one.
I really enjoyed learning, I 'm going to try not over use it now, but feel I can use the flash much more, has added vast improvements to my macro shots :)

Spread - another good autumn shot, nice colour contrast.
Thanks again for all the comments :)

Dark Knight said:
I need less rain on the weekend !!!!!

3 shots behind now and it's still raining !!!!!
Excuses excuses! Stage something indoors ;)

I managed to get my together shot on Thursday, hoping to get pack tomorrow! But I'm perpetually behind just now!

Excuses excuses! Stage something indoors ;)
Ahhh there is that :LOL:

I managed to get my together shot on Thursday, hoping to get pack tomorrow! But I'm perpetually behind just now!
YAY !!!!! I think I nailed a couple on Sunday <touch wood>

Back