Monthly rpn's 2013-12 E.T.C. Challenge - December 12.4 Writings on Photo Added

All sorts of night lights in there Stan. Trails, city lights, the flood lights, building lights etc. Cool shot and fits perfectly in the theme.

I was hoping to try out a star trails this month but the cold, wind and cloudy night sky don’t help my intention so I have to present another Orbs image to complete the first month E.T.C. challenge.
I’m slightly happier with the two spheres this time they seem to be better than the previous attempt but wish the LED lights were brighter.

1.6 Orbs 2

16Orbs2_zps1fb63f60.jpg

There's a lot going on here! The blueish one looks so thin and delicate, almost overpowered by the green on the bridge. The red orb's a cracker and perfectly central inside the bigger one. Nice work, well done on completing the first month with a whole day to spare :LOL:

That's a good set that you have posted. I'm particularly impressed by the orbs - the last one with the bridge is quite terrifying. Well done!

Thanks for the comments.

Short month for me this February so I need to push on with the shots.
Think I have enough ideas for some of the themes and this is my first offering for this month and it's slightly different from the usual water drops images. CC always welcome and appreciate.

2.1 Water Drops 1

21WaterDrop1_zps06beb913.jpg

Stan i love this shot the colours in the back ground and the colours in the water drop and the idea of it all on the tip of the pencil... bravo m8 great vision

What a perfectly sharpened pencil. :LOL:
I didn't expect to see that! Very different to the usual water droplet shots you see everywhere. I think it's brilliant, great idea, sharp and really colourful. If I'm being really picky I would have liked a bit more red in the background.

That's outstanding Stan, great shot. Im lagging behind just now, man flu and knee ops not going to plan haha.

Great work on the water drop. An absolutely stunning image :clap:

Having seen it though I am now in the process of deleting my feeble attempts off of my camera and wracking my brain to try something else :thinking:

Hi Stan :)

Night lights is great; nice to see a slightly unusual night shot.

Your orbs are some of the cleanest I've seen, and you have an interesting location and composition for them.

Water drops, I hate you!!! I just can't get well formed and clearly focused drops like you have, no matter how I try :(

Good work :)

Thanks again for the kind words.

Hi Stan :)

Night lights is great; nice to see a slightly unusual night shot.

Your orbs are some of the cleanest I've seen, and you have an interesting location and composition for them.

Water drops, I hate you!!! I just can't get well formed and clearly focused drops like you have, no matter how I try :(

Good work :)

Mark, for the water drops I have to switch over to manual focus in Live View and zoom right in to get the drop in focus. There are a few oof shots too.

Water drop, like it, great detail and the colours really pop.

Multiplicity, cracking take on the theme and well executed.

Cheers.

Great work Stan, Loving the water drop and the storm troopers :)

Water drop, like it, great detail and the colours really pop.

Multiplicity, cracking take on the theme and well executed.

Cheers.

Thanks, Matt and Andy.

Great take on the multiplicity theme. I've never thought to do anything other than people. I'm gonna have to think about which of my son's toys I could use.

Thanks Rich, nice to hear my image has inspired your thought.

That's one of the many reasons I'm enjoying this type of project, the comments, encouragement and inspirations from the other 12'ers

Like the Storm Troopers. I'm with you on only being behind the camera :)

Really like the Contre Jour shot.
Been hoping for some sun this weekend but yet again only the liquid kind :annoyed:

I like the idea behind your Multiplicity, and it's a good photo. The only problem I have with it is that it could easily have been shot like that; it doesn't have the "trick" effect that true multiplicities have.

Your contra jour is absolutely lovely! Can't fault it!

Ooh I really like that Stan. It makes you want to be there!

You're really motoring along Stan!

The multiplicity shot put a smile on my face, I had never thought about using anything other than humans. How is the trooper on the far right standing up??

Contre jour shot doesn't do much for me. Technically it's good, I think it's very similar to your natural light shot that trumps it. That shot is great, nice detail, the blue is smooth, the bokeh balls are nice with different sizes and the snow makes it special. Really good.

Triptych is a super idea and well taken. I agree with you about the first shot of the 3, it's more yellow than the other 2. It's still brilliant. Nice work.

Thanks Jason for dropping by and glad you like the Lego shot. I used a small bit of Blu Tack to make him/it bend backward :LOL:

Appreciated your comments on Contre Jour and Natural Light. the snow details turn out a lot better than I imagined.

Apart from the the yellow tint, Gaussian Blur Filter effect, the right side background is slightly darker grey than the others.

That looks really good Stan. I love the DoF and the reflections on the bubbles.

How did you get the bubbles to sit there without popping; is there a trick to it. Or is it just luck?

Great shot :)

The DOF is perfect and it's perfecty exposed. Another excellent addition to February. Enjoy your trip :wave:

That looks really good Stan. I love the DoF and the reflections on the bubbles.

How did you get the bubbles to sit there without popping; is there a trick to it. Or is it just luck?

Great shot :)

I was just as surprised as you about the bubbles not breaking up. There were lots more of them but cropped out to get this final image.

Not been here for nearly a month!

Thanks Michael, I got the ideal while having a banana during a break in the morning. I also have other kind of fruits in mind too; a whole apple, single bite and then just the core or an orange, cut in halves then a glass of orange juice. But I thought the banana may be more suits for a ‘portrait’ format!

Finding this month's themes quite challenging, apart from landscape panorama I have never tried any of the other 5 themes before. That said, the whole idea of this '12 Project' is exactly it.

So here's my second image for this month and again, first ever attempt at this kind of post processing.

3.2 Planet Panorama

32PlanetPanarama_zps1b229503.jpg

Back