weekly DK's 52 in 2013 - Wk 47, 50, 51 & 52 added - FINISHED !!!

Nice set of birds agree with Mad Hatter about 1 and 4 being the pick of the bunch. Not sure about gravity thought B and W would help not so convinced now. I would have maybe got a bit closer and lower so you could make out the roots :thinking:

Nice catch up, who'd have thunk it DK up to date :D

colour edit of the tree for me.

But the bird shots are awesome. Fantastic the way you've used the shallow DOF to isolate a single bird from a tightly spaced group - especially on "4", shame about the cut off feet in the foreground bird here - not too bad as he's not the subject.

See why you've posted them all up - as I can't pick a fave out of them all! Maybe should have edited the three white ones into a really nice Triptych (y)

They are all good shots but "Wild 7" stands out as being the best for me. Nice one.

Nice set of birds agree with Mad Hatter about 1 and 4 being the pick of the bunch. Not sure about gravity thought B and W would help not so convinced now. I would have maybe got a bit closer and lower so you could make out the roots :thinking:
Very true... but I would have had to climb over the brambley hedge, over a dyke and across a waterlogged field - I chose the 200mm instead :D

Nice catch up, who'd have thunk it DK up to date :D
Oi You... what you trying to say :bat:

:LOL:

Some crackers there DK, nicely caught (y)
Cheers Dave :)

I love wild 7, real sense of importance captured in its stance.

I like the wider crop of gravity, and i like the B&W conversion.
Thanks Hugh... he does look a cocky bugger doesn't he :D

colour edit of the tree for me.

But the bird shots are awesome. Fantastic the way you've used the shallow DOF to isolate a single bird from a tightly spaced group - especially on "4", shame about the cut off feet in the foreground bird here - not too bad as he's not the subject.

See why you've posted them all up - as I can't pick a fave out of them all! Maybe should have edited the three white ones into a really nice Triptych (y)
Cheers Graham :)

Now why on earth did I not think of that :)

They are all good shots but "Wild 7" stands out as being the best for me. Nice one.
And thanks Mark :)

I like the B+W tree shot.. makes it look very bleak and 'wild'.. must have been some storm to uproot that..

wonderful series of bird shots.. like the first one, it looks a little knock kneed :)

No 1 of the wild shots for me. The relative positioning of the two birds is great, the way they almost seem to beignoring one another while still being together, the echo between the rear birds bill and the out of focus wooden thingy behind, the twigs to the left leading the eye back in. Oh yes!

Hi DK, just catching up on the few threads I've visited so far this year.

Gravity, I think the B&W version help disguise the blown sky. But come on now more effort is needed, now get to the otherside of that tree ;).

Wild, I like number one best, I prefer the composition with the bird in front being in focus.

Last edited:
Hi Dean, check you out all caught up and bang up to date ;):LOL:

My vote would go to the B&W version of gravity, the subject just suits that better than colour IMHO. A simple take on the theme but effective all the same (y)
I would say it's a location worth revisiting to pick a day when there is a little more drama in the sky.

Wild as has been suggested I feel would be stronger as a triptych. Bang on theme though, technically very good so good work mister (as Lynne would say ;))

Wild #1 is my preferred picture as it shows the more dominant bird in focus and the rear one helps to fill the space behind.

It's the B&W Gravity for me, a nice spot and really well placed in the frame, but I'd maybe bring the grass down a little bit

I love Wild #1, lovely and sharp around the eye of the fella in the foreground, and subtle fall off of DOF. It's nice just as it is for me. (y)

Hi DK

Gravity - Sorry pal but does not excite me so I'll move on

Wild - some good shots of the birds - on theme. I like Wild 4. I think that the layout is good, the way that the birds are separated laterally and in depth. Spot on focus of the middle bird and dof taking out everything else and really nice colours against the muted b/g(y)

the last wild is my choice of the lot - i like that hes alone in the shot, almost like hes roaming wild in a desolate space sort of - and technically its great

I like the B+W tree shot.. makes it look very bleak and 'wild'.. must have been some storm to uproot that..

wonderful series of bird shots.. like the first one, it looks a little knock kneed :)
Thanks Michelle :) - it does rather doesn't it :D

No 1 of the wild shots for me. The relative positioning of the two birds is great, the way they almost seem to beignoring one another while still being together, the echo between the rear birds bill and the out of focus wooden thingy behind, the twigs to the left leading the eye back in. Oh yes!
Cheers Chris - Appreciate that :)

2 for me, 1 being a close second. Nice composition and sharp focus on the eye :)
Cheers too Ollie :)

Hi DK, just catching up on the few threads I've visited so far this year.
and heres to think you were nearly always first to visit everybody last year... Tut Tut :D

Gravity, I think the B&W version help disguise the blown sky. But come on now more effort is needed, now get to the otherside of that tree ;).
Yeah I know... lazy bugger hey :p

Wild, I like number one best, I prefer the composition with the bird in front being in focus.
Thanks... such a sweetie too I thought :)

Hi Dean, check you out all caught up and bang up to date ;):LOL:
Scary isn't it mate, not to worry it wont last :LOL:

My vote would go to the B&W version of gravity, the subject just suits that better than colour IMHO. A simple take on the theme but effective all the same (y)
I would say it's a location worth revisiting to pick a day when there is a little more drama in the sky.
You could be right there mate, and a lot earlyier in the day too :)

Wild as has been suggested I feel would be stronger as a triptych. Bang on theme though, technically very good so good work mister (as Lynne would say ;))
Hahaaaa yes :) these were all taken through a wire fence too so was please how they came out :)

Hi, Wild #2 for me, nice detail and light.

Cheers.
Cheers mate :)

Wild #1 is my preferred picture as it shows the more dominant bird in focus and the rear one helps to fill the space behind.
Thanks Jim :)

It's the B&W Gravity for me, a nice spot and really well placed in the frame, but I'd maybe bring the grass down a little bit
Thanks Nick :) ... how do you mean ??

I love Wild #1, lovely and sharp around the eye of the fella in the foreground, and subtle fall off of DOF. It's nice just as it is for me. (y)
Thanks again :)

Hey Alan :)

Gravity - Sorry pal but does not excite me so I'll move on
:eek: :cautious: ... can't say I blame you :LOL:

Wild - some good shots of the birds - on theme. I like Wild 4. I think that the layout is good, the way that the birds are separated laterally and in depth. Spot on focus of the middle bird and dof taking out everything else and really nice colours against the muted b/g(y)
Cheers matey (y)

the last wild is my choice of the lot - i like that hes alone in the shot, almost like hes roaming wild in a desolate space sort of - and technically its great
Thanks Dan :)

Well... loads of visits and comments - Thanks again to all that have popped by (y)

Hi ya :wave:

bloomin nora...how'dya expect me to choose from that little lot :eek:

Wild 7 is a wonderful capture......beautiful detail in the feathers, great focus on the eys & fab colors......slice a bit off the rhs & attach it to the lhs to give a bit more room to look in to & it's a blinder :clap:

For the theme I'm going for Wild 5.....no noticeable ring on it's leg , great DOf...love it (y)

Gravity......Out of all the edits the last B&W one really makes the tree stand out from the background.

Wild..........Some lovely details in the birds but the second one stands out for me with a clean profile shot.

(y)

Bit late commenting on people threads. Like the B&W conversion for gravity. I prefer the 3rd wild show with the flapping wings in the background.

Hey Lynne :wave:

bloomin nora...how'dya expect me to choose from that little lot :eek:
Errmmm... I wouldn't bother lol

Wild 7 is a wonderful capture......beautiful detail in the feathers, great focus on the eys & fab colors......slice a bit off the rhs & attach it to the lhs to give a bit more room to look in to & it's a blinder :clap:

For the theme I'm going for Wild 5.....no noticeable ring on it's leg , great DOf...love it (y)[/QUOTE]Thanks Lynne :)

Gravity......Out of all the edits the last B&W one really makes the tree stand out from the background.
Cheers Colt :)

Wild..........Some lovely details in the birds but the second one stands out for me with a clean profile shot.

(y)
Thanks again :)

Hi :wave: just checking you're still here?
Hey Marsha ... yep still here, CRAP week due to doing staff appraisals all week, prepping, doing them all day then catching up with normal work all evening - I was drowning :help:

Where are you hiding mate?
I'm Back... Thanks for the concern buddy :D

Bit late commenting on people threads. Like the B&W conversion for gravity. I prefer the 3rd wild show with the flapping wings in the background.
Cheers Jon :)

Hi Dean :wave:
Good to see you back and catching up matey.
I do like this style of photograph, yours is no exception, it is a classic composition which is very appealing.
You've picked out the sign well, my eye was immediately drawn to it.
Good work and keep it going, you're nearly there (y) Iain

Hi Dean :wave:
Good to see you back and catching up matey.
I do like this style of photograph, yours is no exception, it is a classic composition which is very appealing.
You've picked out the sign well, my eye was immediately drawn to it.
Good work and keep it going, you're nearly there (y) Iain
Cheers Ian (y)

It is tough catching up, lacked inspiration today too, but hey ho - gotta try and keep up, and not get too far behind :)

Onto the next...

Tried the first shot last week while stuck in traffic, could have done with getting out of the car really but although stuck the traffic was moving a constant 5mph

No explanation required... as it's very obvious AND boring :D

Wk 6 - 'Work'

Wk 6 - 'Work' by TP DK..., on Flickr

I tried to get an alternate shot today, but nothing was happening... so a prime suspect theme for a re-shoot...

Been busy at home weekends clearing my old home office (Back half of a double length garage), filling a large skip to make room for a permanent Photography area for my indoor shots -

I couldn't get any of this lot to work so in the skip it went (Don't mention WEEE Regs :cautious:)

Wk 6 - 'Work' Alt 1 by TP DK..., on Flickr

I really like your space shot DK really eye pleasing composition and the emphasis on the sign is there making it a good shot to me.

Im not too sure about the "Works Exit" sign shot. Its on theme but i feel the legs being cropped is whats causing this.

Well i wish i was making room for a permanent indoor photography space, lucky you! Ha Second shot is my pick of the two!

love the space shot spot on (y) both work shots work not sure which one I would choose

Great job on space! I considered it myself, but none of the empty shops around here looked halfway photogenic. :)

Work I love the chaos of the second one which brings back too many bad memories. :D Do I spy a couple of LaserJet parts?

Love the space shot DK, perspective, DOF, emptiness, focus point all absolutely spot on. :clap:

Work, caught up but a bit, errrm, (as Andy said) lacking.
Think the sign could do with something more, a line of cones or something, but as you say stuck in the car, crawling along there's only so much you can do :LOL:

The old equipment in the skip is more interesting, I first thought maybe a wider view showing the skip might help, but it's actually fairly obvious it;s all being junked. So, as it is. (y)

Caught up - now keep up :p ;)

Hi DK

Space - excellent focus, comp , patric diagonal emphasis. Good spot and shot.

Work - #1 is a bit ordinary for you. #2 is bang on. Like the chaos and yet it still reeks of work. Well done. However I recall that at the end of Challenge 52, your pc went down and you did not know why. Mmm, is there a clue here?

Space - summed up perfectly!
Thanks Mark :)

I really like your space shot DK really eye pleasing composition and the emphasis on the sign is there making it a good shot to me.
Cheers Lee :)

Im not too sure about the "Works Exit" sign shot. Its on theme but i feel the legs being cropped is whats causing this.
Hmmmm I see what you mean, good point :thinking:

Well i wish i was making room for a permanent indoor photography space, lucky you! Ha Second shot is my pick of the two!
:)

love the space shot spot on (y) both work shots work not sure which one I would choose
Cheers Allan... yep both work shots equally weak :LOL:

Great job on space! I considered it myself, but none of the empty shops around here looked halfway photogenic. :)
Thanks Ray... I was lucky to catch this 'Row' empty... good timing for a change :)

[quote}Work I love the chaos of the second one which brings back too many bad memories. :D Do I spy a couple of LaserJet parts?[/QUOTE]That you do :D

Hi, Work, on theme but lacks something, apart from the rest of the stand. I like the DOF.

Work 2 is good, as said quite chaotic.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy... The DoF is the only nice part for me, I would like to re-visit this theme, as being in Construction I REALLY should be able to get a good shot :LOL:

Love the space shot DK, perspective, DOF, emptiness, focus point all absolutely spot on. :clap:
Cheers Graham :)

Work, caught up but a bit, errrm, (as Andy said) lacking.
Think the sign could do with something more, a line of cones or something, but as you say stuck in the car, crawling along there's only so much you can do :LOL:
Yep.... Cropped the legs off as you could see my dashboard :geek:

The old equipment in the skip is more interesting, I first thought maybe a wider view showing the skip might help, but it's actually fairly obvious it;s all being junked. So, as it is. (y)
Thanks... It does need something though...
Caught up - now keep up :p ;)
I'm trying... I'M TRYING :D

Hi DK

Space - excellent focus, comp , patric diagonal emphasis. Good spot and shot.
Thanks mate :)

Work - #1 is a bit ordinary for you.
Called clutching at straws Alan :(

#2 is bang on. Like the chaos and yet it still reeks of work. Well done. However I recall that at the end of Challenge 52, your pc went down and you did not know why. Mmm, is there a clue here?
What you trying to say :LOL:

Back