Digital Depot

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Payed a visit to their warehouse store in Stevenage at the weekend. What ca i say top marks. Great range of products, competitively priced (they will price match too) and the staff were extremely knowledgeable impartial and helpful. I would highly recommend.

www.digitaldepot.co.uk

Payed a visit to their warehouse store in Stevenage at the weekend. What ca i say top marks. Great range of products, competitively priced (they will price match too) and the staff were extremely knowledgeable impartial and helpful. I would highly recommend.

www.digitaldepot.co.uk

Agree - I've bought half my kit from them (I travel to Stevenage on business quite frequently) and have had nothing but good service. Second your reccomendation. (y)

Thats good to hear guys, i want to hire their stuudio soon and buy some kit too.. been looking at them for a while..

Hi Guys

Im Stuart, and im the director or Digital Depot and would like to thank you for your comments.

We have so much more going on this year. If your already a member of our Warehouse Club then you should know that our Photo competition starts soon. You can win a Canon 40D and some monthly prizes aswell.

If your not members then you should be and can now join online. www.digitaldepot.co.uk/warehouse_club.php

As well as that we now have some new lecturers on board so we have got some great workshops coming up. Again look at the calender on the website for all the upcoming courses.

If you have any questions or price match enquiries then feel free to email me direct. mailto:stuart@digitaldepot.co.uk

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart,
I bought a Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-200 lens off you at the end of January by mail order. I was very impressed with your help and very speedy service. I ordered it on A Tuesday afternoon and it arrived at 8am the next morning. A pleasure to do business with you.
Barbara:clap:

Digital Depot v Jessops.

From what I hear and read "chalk and cheese" comes to mind:D

Thanks again everyone. Were not perfect....but close :0)

Stuart

Do TP members get a discount:D

recently got my new camera off you guys, absolutely top notch, ordered about 3pm and was with me the next morning, what more can I say!!

Jamie

I would love to offer you all a discount but on the best selling stuff like SLR's and lenses we make very little money at all as competion is so fierce. But we offer a price match promise and so as long as we dont lose money we will match.

We cant compete against grey products and i think a lot of UK companies are importing becuase the dollar rate is so good. Problem with this is that some products are not CE approved!

But email me any time stuart@digitaldepot.co.uk and ill be happy to do you a deal.

I've also used them on a number of occasions and the service has been excellent, I've also attended seminars and demo days and they have been very informative.

I will get round to booking the studio as promised a few weeks ago!

Hello again.

The rate for our Studio is already very good and from the feedback we have had from people that have used it is that its much better than a lot of ones in London and we have parking and free coffee.

Martin is our resident pro and hes always on hand to help set you up and get you started aswell.

Iif you give it a go and feel that it is over priced then ill be happy to discuss it. But im sure you wont be disapointed.

Stuart

I'll stick my 2p in and say that these guys have been very good to me in the past. I recently (ish) got a used 20D from them which went belly up quite soon afterwards, it was sorted out without any hassle and the money went straight towards the 30D.

I shall be paying them a visit for a 5D sometime soon once I work out how to afford one.

Word of advice/warning though - if you can, visit during the week or later in the day (they open quite late for a shop) as often at the weekend it can get quite busy, with a fair share of 'tyrekickers' - sometimes quite frustrating for staff and shopper alike!

That's the price of success I suppose!

Cheers,
James

James

Thanks for your comments again.

Ill give you a quick heads up

Starting March 1st there will be £150 Cashback on 5D.

Cashback on lenses too.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart,

Feel free not to answer if it compromises anything, but are you guys retailing properly at Focus on Imaging? I'm heading up on Monday but last time I visited the shop there was some doubt as to whether you'd be allowed to sell a full range...

Thanks for the headsup - I'm trying to work out if I can buy a new camera or not...and still have a wife/home ;)

Cheers!
James

James

It wont compromise anything. We were really excited at being at Focus this year and were geared up to sell a whole lot of things. But infortunately because we are on the On-One stand we are only officially allowed to sell On-One products as you are not allowed to sub let the stand space.

Although frustrating for us I can fully understand why the organisers of Focus wont allow it.

But its good practice for us and hopefully next year we can have a stand to ourselves. But they would not allow us to do that this year either as they will only allow a certain number of retailers to attend.

As for 5D, a lot of people were suprised that it wasnt replaced at PMA but to be honest with the success of the Nikon D300/D3 I think Canon need to up the game a bit and bring out something special. Its still an amazing camera and with the cashback bringing it nearer to the £1000 its incredible value for money. As for your wife I cant help you there.

Regards

Stuart

I wish there was a digital depo up near blackpool then lol!

I wish there was a digital depo up near blackpool then lol!

I wish there was anything decent up near Blackpool mate. My haunt of St Annes sells very little.

I only live 5 miles from DigitalDepot in Stevenage, spent 30 minutes yesterday morning fondling Manfrotto Tripods :naughty:, I might have to drop my camera just to prove to wife that I really needs one :rules:

Ps Stuart , the salesman you've got working in the warehouse depot knows his stuff :clap:

Great to hear that you got good service when you came in.

We have just had a great success at the Focus show so if any of you came along to our stand to see us then thank you.

We were at the show with On One who do some great plug-ins for photoshop. I hadnt looked at their stuff much even though we sell a lot of it in store but being on the stand every day i watched the presentations a quite a few times and the software amazed me.

We will have an in-store day soon and invite On One along and you will have to come down and see it in action. We had crowds of up to 60 people gathered round and by the numbers of units we sold they must of been impressed.

Also I hope lots of you are ready for our Photo competition. If you haven't registered for our warehouse club then do so now on-line. http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/Digital_Photographer_of_the_Year/c1185/index.html

Thanks again for your comments.

Stuart

Baz

Well if you cant use Photoshop then watch this space.

We are hoping to get Robin Preston who is a Photoshop expert to do some seminars/workshops for us later in the year.

So keep an eye on our website or join our warehouse club as you will be kept upto date by email.

Regards

Stuart

I'm not sure if I just had bad luck with Digital Depot recently but...

A friend ordered some stuff for me the other day as a gift, everything was marked as "In Stock" on the website. The order confirmation came through, still no problem. About an hour later she received an email saying that three out of four items were out of stock and stating that they "should receive some more stock within the next week approx".

A bit disappointing but things like that happen. What surprises me though is that all these items still are listed as "In stock" on the website!?!

Hi Mike,

Firstly apologies that we couldnt fulfill your order.

Could you email me with the details of the order. stuart@digitaldepot.co.uk

We are having some trouble with our site as its not fully integrating with our stock.

Our web designers are working on this and within a couple of months we will be full integrated.

sorry that you experienced problems but will do what i can to rectify it.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart,

Thanks for taking the time to reply as well as looking into this.

I have full understanding that there can be problems between the shop window and the back end databases but I just thought I'd highlight it. It's hard to rectify if no one mentions it.

// Mike

I did a Nikon flash gun course last year at Digital Depot. John Clements was a fantastic tutor. Course was brilliant. Food was great! Brought a few bits on the day and joined the club. The staff were very helpful.

I need to tell Digital Depot my new email. What's the best way to do that?

I'll be up at Stevenage again soon as I want to do a macro course. Just hide everything from me otherwise the wallet will get a serious work out!!

In fact the pic which is my avatar was taken by a friend when we met up for something to eat just up the road from where I had just done the course!

Clive

Picked up my Nikon 10.5mm from them yesterday and service was good as always.

Ended up in Stevenage this afternoon as well and managed to find my way to the Warehouse Club where I bought a couple of small bits I was after. Can you move to Blackpool please, it will be easier on my wallet.

Just ordered a new Lowepro backpack last night. Got an email this morning that its out of stock. In fairness I wasn't entirely surprised as its been out of stock everywhere else for a good couple of weeks.

This was the cheapest place I found it though, all thanks to reading this thread yesterday.

Hopefully it won't take too long to come.

I received two out of four items earlier this week so I'm a bit happier now ;)

Waiting for a LowePro backpack too, seems to be delivery problems with them.

I have been happily using DD for must be over 6 years now. Got my first digital camera from them... and my second... and my third! Since then I have my backgound stand, Bowens lights, printer, speedlites, tripod ..........

Well i ordered a lowepro fastpack 250 bag from there just over 2 weeks ago whilst in the warehouse dept, the young chap said it would take about 2 days and he would give me a call, after the second week i rang to ask what was going on and why he hadn't rang he said it had been dispatched last Thursday so it should have been in the shop on Friday, but should be there by Monday(yesterday) at the latest, anyway after i spoke to him i ordered from Amazon.co.uk and it was delivered to me today, you may wonder why i ordered from Amazon after speaking to the assistant, well this was because i suspected he wouldn't call and i was right, reason being this is the 3rd time I've ordered gear and been told i would get a call and i never have.

On the same day as i ordered the bag i bought a lighting tutorial video and a Nikon 50mm lens cap to replace one i had lost (from the shop not the warehouse), when i got home i realised the young chap had given me the wrong size, i don't live near the shop i live in Milton Keynes, anyway took the cap back last week but forgot the damn receipt my own fault i guess, but i thought i might ask if he would exchange it anyway, NO sorry was the reply need the receipt,I've attended a couple of seminars there and purchased a fair bit of gear there in the past my last big purchase (well big to me)was a £560 lens, but I'm beginning to wonder about the place now, I'm not going to apologise about leaving bad feedback because that's what you should expect if you dish out bad service, if you haven't got or can't get items you have ordered the least you could do is give a courtesy call with some sort of explanation particularly to a regular cutomer (who perhaps won't be so regular in future) :(

well,i've only just come across this thread,and i'm happy to read the positive feedback you lot have given to digital depot as i've just made my first purchase with them....a sony 1.4X teleconverter,very competitively priced it was too.no doubt i'll be buying more from them in the future.

Back