weekly DK's 52 in 2013 - Wk 47, 50, 51 & 52 added - FINISHED !!!

Evening DK

choices choices for Electric....for me I think it's #4....bit of color in the sky as if generated by the turbine plus you have power lines in the background ,good bit of motion in the turbine & the tree just balances the image nicely :clap: Nowt wrong with the others , it's a really good set ,I just prefer #4

Tacky...why on earth would you ...good focus on the watches though :)

Direction.... think I prefer the version with them looking away from you....looks a little less staged...would love to have seen you trying to direct them via sign language :LOL:

Yes, the second Electric for me too; the colour of the sky gives it a lift compared with the others, and the cloud and the tree help the composition. Number 4 is strong because the tree is larger in the frame, but the blades are pointing all wrong!

Direction number 2 too, for the reasons Lynne gave.

Tacky hits the theme, but I don't see it as an interesting photo I'm afraid. Looks like a quick tourist grab (though I'm sure it wasn't!).

Electric.......nice subject ;) I like the first one more, it works with them all being in one line and the subtle blue tones throughout the shot with some nice blur on the blades too.

Direction......They look really happy with those signs maybe some direction in learning to smile would help them sell more perfume.

Tacky.....I think a few of us though about cheap market type stalls selling designer gear for peanuts just the job for this theme. You've managed to get just enough of a gap through the crowd so your eyes lead straight to the posh watches.
Cheers Colt :)

Evening DK
Evening Lynne :)

choices choices for Electric....for me I think it's #4....bit of color in the sky as if generated by the turbine plus you have power lines in the background ,good bit of motion in the turbine & the tree just balances the image nicely :clap: Nowt wrong with the others , it's a really good set ,I just prefer #4

Tacky...why on earth would you ...good focus on the watches though :)
It does make you wonder :thinking:

Direction.... think I prefer the version with them looking away from you....looks a little less staged...would love to have seen you trying to direct them via sign language :LOL:
Thanks again Lynne :D

Yes, the second Electric for me too; the colour of the sky gives it a lift compared with the others, and the cloud and the tree help the composition. Number 4 is strong because the tree is larger in the frame, but the blades are pointing all wrong!
Cheers Chris :)

Direction number 2 too, for the reasons Lynne gave.
.... you ain't wrong about the blades either, damn things kept spinning around :nuts:

Tacky hits the theme, but I don't see it as an interesting photo I'm afraid. Looks like a quick tourist grab (though I'm sure it wasn't!).
Haaaaaaa yes it wasn't easy... But boring :bat: :rules:

Fair comment though mate :D

Mini catch up time...

As several of you know I have spent a good while that clearing out a room and filling a skip with junk, my room is now set up and a couple of weeks ago I finally got the finishing items, my lighting, stands and background thingy, for me this was a great buy and for my hobby great Value for the money I paid (I know... a slight crowbar in here)

Wk 14 - my 'Value' lighting

Wk 14 - 'Value' by TP DK, on Flickr

I caught this during the correct week I think, I passed this spot a couple of times in a row and was waiting for some bright morning light to highlight the ridges/furrows to their maximum...

Wk 16 - 'Angles'

Wk 16 - 'Angles' by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Value, interesting interpretation and of obvious value to you. WB needs sorting, ;)

Angles, yip works for me. I'm a fan of the abstract and this I like. Looks like you've caught some nice light.

Cheers.

Value, interesting interpretation and of obvious value to you. WB needs sorting, ;)

Angles, yip works for me. I'm a fan of the abstract and this I like. Looks like you've caught some nice light.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy :)

I know the WB isn't quite right, but it was switched to just modeling light and had a bit of a warm glow, I was trying to reflect this but mabe I have it too much :D

Hello Dean :)
Value, its of value to you and thats what its all about

Angle, the light seems a little harsh to me but a nice spot

Rustic, nice composition nicely exposed and on theme

Kind, i like how you have kind in the bottom right and the le in the top left, does it fit the theme, I think it does we have all loaned the TP crowbar this theme.

Well done for catching up you can take it easy for a few weeks now :p

Good job catching up. :)

Value - they certainly are! Probably won't go down in history as your best photo, but it hits the theme.

Angles - different and strong take on the theme, well worth stalking a field for. :)

Rustic - on theme, good composition and subject, like it.

Kind - dammit this is why I try to avoid viewing a theme before I've done it, got this idea too after googling "kind" and having it autocorrected to "kindle". :p Great shot though, executed very well. :)

Hello Dean :)
Value, its of value to you and thats what its all about

Angle, the light seems a little harsh to me but a nice spot
Twas what I was after :D

Rustic, nice composition nicely exposed and on theme
Cheers :)

Kind, i like how you have kind in the bottom right and the le in the top left, does it fit the theme, I think it does we have all loaned the TP crowbar this theme.
YAY !!!! first acceptance

Well done for catching up you can take it easy for a few weeks now :p
Thanks buddy... still have one to do :(

Good job catching up. :)
Thanks Ray :)

Value - they certainly are! Probably won't go down in history as your best photo, but it hits the theme.
That it won't :LOL:

But as you know catching up sure is bad for getting the most effort in :shake:

Angles - different and strong take on the theme, well worth stalking a field for. :)
Thanks again :)

Rustic - on theme, good composition and subject, like it.
:)

Kind - dammit this is why I try to avoid viewing a theme before I've done it, got this idea too after googling "kind" and having it autocorrected to "kindle". :p Great shot though, executed very well. :)
Cheers Ray... I was struggling for idea's when it just popped in my head, took it quick before somebody else did :LOL:

Hi DK

Value - at last we see the light! On theme for me and like the comp/position. Could do without the black thing lowere left and the line of the corner of the room?

Angles - foe me , good comp, partic the contrasting diredtions, and good light emphasinsg the depth of the cuts.

Rustic - on theme certainly and goodposition. B/g looks a bit dark tho.

Kind - had the same idea myself, but usurped!! But i do like it a lot. super greys and then that flash of colour. Great angle and to get the split word left and right and also the touch of the typewriter keys(y)

Rustic works for me. Just a well composed and nice summery photograph.

Kind, if you could see me I'm shaking my head ;) quite like it, especially how the le wraps around on the left.

Cheers.

4 weeks in one go.... :eek:

ok....

Value - to my mind, focus is on the wrong end, I want to see the buttony bits to the left of shot. and whats the black bit down by the hyphen of your DK-2013?

angles, could also work for rustic if you'd fancied doing a "two fer the price of one"... rather liking this, the horizontals in the foreground re-inforcing the angles leading through to the rear, was there something in the top of the shot you;ve cropped off, I'd like more depth to the lines if there was?? I suspect maybe not though.

rustic (could have twinned this for angles too :LOL:), beautifully tranquil, can almost hear the birds tweeting. The little yellow flowers to the right adding to the country feel of the shot. (y)

Kind... :LOL: go on then, why not. well composed, sharp, the "le" included from the other side. Imaginative take on the theme.

4 weeks in one go.... :eek:
:)

ok....

Value - to my mind, focus is on the wrong end, I want to see the buttony bits to the left of shot. and whats the black bit down by the hyphen of your DK-2013?
What can I say... Guilty :LOL:

I think you may be right, rushed shot, corner of room, black bag AND focus would make a different shot - will definitely re-shoot :)

angles, could also work for rustic if you'd fancied doing a "two fer the price of one"... rather liking this, the horizontals in the foreground re-inforcing the angles leading through to the rear, was there something in the top of the shot you;ve cropped off, I'd like more depth to the lines if there was?? I suspect maybe not though.
Oooooo I'm not sure, I'll have a look

rustic (could have twinned this for angles too :LOL:), beautifully tranquil, can almost hear the birds tweeting. The little yellow flowers to the right adding to the country feel of the shot. (y)

Kind... :LOL: go on then, why not. well composed, sharp, the "le" included from the other side. Imaginative take on the theme.
YAY !!!! :D

THANKS for the great comments - appreciated

Value: Nice take on the theme.

Angle: Really like this shot and how the lightning helps bits stand out.

Rustic: Nice little bridge there, agree with the tranquil almost here the birds comment!

Kind: very clever thinking.

Nice catch-up!

I like value. Nice comp, but I think I'd prefer focus on the control panel.

Angles works well, love the harsh light and shadow, and the way it sends my head a bit funny towards the top of the frame!

Rustic is on theme for me, and I like the composition. Looks a tiny bit under exposed towards the back, but I'm guessing that's a compromise as the light looks pretty harsh and low.

Kind is great, maybe a bit annoying as it was on my ideas shortlist, but I wouldn't have done it that well!(y)

Ooops! Not visited for ages! Sorry I have not kept up Dk.

Gravity, Prefer the tight crop, it emphasizes the fallen tree nicely, shame about the very harsh lightiing.
Wild, A nice trio there, all slightly different, the middle bird with the wings up makes the shot.
Space, That very first sign is annoying me, but well spotted and I like it.
Work, Got to be the sign picture for me, it's really big in the frame, but it set off by the trees in the bg.
Gluttony, I'm hungary now:D
Time, I like how the clock is framed by the branches.
Juxtaposition, Now I like that a lot for some reason. The b+w suits it very well. Power/telephone line is slightly annoying, would make a great sunrise/sunset photo I think.
Letter, L is for lexus and letter, good pic.
Direction, Like it, good timing with having the eye contact.
Tacky, Tacky indeed, fits very well, good pic too
Value, Perhaps crop a bit off the lhs taking the corner of the wall out? The colour tone in there is growing on me.
Angles, Fits the theme, epoxure looks good. In harsh light?
Rustic, A nice little bridge that and I like the composition.
Kind, Very good idea, I like how you have for remainding letters of kindle on the case.

(y)

Nice catch-up!

I like value. Nice comp, but I think I'd prefer focus on the control panel.
Thanks Nick... I agree now, I will be re-doing it as my re-shoot tomorrow :)

Angles works well, love the harsh light and shadow, and the way it sends my head a bit funny towards the top of the frame!
Yay!!! a cheap replacement for wine ;)

Rustic is on theme for me, and I like the composition. Looks a tiny bit under exposed towards the back, but I'm guessing that's a compromise as the light looks pretty harsh and low.
You aint wrong (y)

Kind is great, maybe a bit annoying as it was on my ideas shortlist, but I wouldn't have done it that well!(y)
Oppppsie :D thanks

Ooops! Not visited for ages! Sorry I have not kept up Dk.
No worries mate, appreciate your time, I know it's limited :)

Gravity, Prefer the tight crop, it emphasizes the fallen tree nicely, shame about the very harsh lightiing.
Wild, A nice trio there, all slightly different, the middle bird with the wings up makes the shot.
Space, That very first sign is annoying me, but well spotted and I like it.
Oooo didn't see that, but don't think i'd be able to loose it :)
Work, Got to be the sign picture for me, it's really big in the frame, but it set off by the trees in the bg.
Not many chose that if I recall correctly :)
Gluttony, I'm hungary now:D
God so am I.... I need Pizza :D
Time, I like how the clock is framed by the branches.
Cool... so do I
Juxtaposition, Now I like that a lot for some reason. The b+w suits it very well. Power/telephone line is slightly annoying, would make a great sunrise/sunset photo I think.
Cheers... Hmmmm Might catch a bit of a sunset to the right, Might have to try that !!
Letter, L is for lexus and letter, good pic.
Thanks Buddy :)
Direction, Like it, good timing with having the eye contact.
Tacky, Tacky indeed, fits very well, good pic too
And thanks again
Value, Perhaps crop a bit off the lhs taking the corner of the wall out? The colour tone in there is growing on me.
Yep... I will pick it up this time and move it :LOL:
Angles, Fits the theme, epoxure looks good. In harsh light?
It was very strong early morning light, I wanted the low light to emphasise the the lines
Rustic, A nice little bridge that and I like the composition.
Cheers
Kind, Very good idea, I like how you have for remaining letters of kindle on the case.

(y)
Thanks Michael, I was wondering if people would spot it, due to the angle I had to clone out parts of the other letters so the words were more prominent

Thanks for the mega catch up (y)

Great catch up Dean (y)

Angles, well worth waiting for the right light, I like the abstract feel to it.

Kind, bang on theme too, I like the vivid colour, diagonal composition and how the kindle fills the frame.

Good work mister (as Lynne would say ;))

Wk 19 'Re-Shoot'

Well... there is a few I wanted to re-shoot, but with the poor weather today I stayed close to home and re did my 'Value' shot... took plenty, have taken on board comments so concentrated the focus on the buttons rather than the EP300 logo

Narrowed it down to 2... a bit more brolly in the first shot which I think I prefer - what do you think guys ??

Wk 19 - 'Re-Shoot' 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 19 - 'Re-Shoot' 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Reshoot #2 for me. Nice and sharp, well composed, with good whites.

Vertical, yeah, like it. Obviously on theme and a hint of a leading line there. I did think about a closer crop, but nah, works as it is. Crit, just the lower right wave.

Cheers and have you edited the spreadsheet for yourself :D

Reshoot #2 for me. Nice and sharp, well composed, with good whites.

Vertical, yeah, like it. Obviously on theme and a hint of a leading line there. I did think about a closer crop, but nah, works as it is. Crit, just the lower right wave.

Cheers and have you edited the spreadsheet for yourself :D
Ahhh haaaaa I think so mate :LOL:

Maybe I should clone out the wave ?? would be simple enough...

Thanks Andy

good verticals with a very long horizontal, works for me, maybe the wave at the bottom right but it isn't that noticeable as for the reshoot number 1 for me its a better product image (y)

Reshoot - it's number 1 for me, the selective focus doesn't seem suited to the subject somehow....

Vertical, very nice. The breaking wave in the bottom corner really makes this work for me. (y)

Definately the first for the re-shoot shots - all of i in focus just makes it work completely for me. all negative points addressed, so a big (y)

Vertical working well for me too - limited pallette of colours, dead straight and level horizon, all wind generators straight up vertical too - no perspective or lens distortion that would kill a shot like this.

Not gonna get worked up about the wave - it's not a major distraction from the strong angluar subjects so it can stay (or go) for me. :LOL:

Vertical looks good for me, simple and on theme and well done. Would be nice if they were spaced out more, but I guess it's hard to blame you for that. :)

Evening again DK :wave:

in no particular order....Vertical.....love it ,no crit from me...right on theme , perfectly level horizon , plenty of verticals & a hint of motion in the sea (y)

Reshoot of Value...wider crop for me as it show more what the item is for, focus much better

Kind...nifty take on the theme there , as most others have said you laid it out well showing Kind to the rh then le to the LH :clap:

Rustic ...wish my garden was big enough for a pond with a bridge ...I can just about fit a very small bird bath in mine :crying: However I do really like the shot , could maybe do with some pp to help it pop as I feel there's loads of textures in there waiting to be brought out (y)

Angles....love the idea & it's a great POV but the processing seems a little harsh to me ?

good verticals with a very long horizontal, works for me, maybe the wave at the bottom right but it isn't that noticeable as for the reshoot number 1 for me its a better product image (y)
Thanks Allan :)

I'm really unsure about the wave, if by some miracle I get home before 8:00pm one night this week I may have a play about with it :)

Reshoot - it's number 1 for me, the selective focus doesn't seem suited to the subject somehow....
Cheers Brian.. do you think :thinking: subjects too close you think ?? brolly and Unit

Vertical, very nice. The breaking wave in the bottom corner really makes this work for me. (y)
Cool :)

Definately the first for the re-shoot shots - all of i in focus just makes it work completely for me. all negative points addressed, so a big (y)
Cheers Graham :)

Vertical working well for me too - limited pallette of colours, dead straight and level horizon, all wind generators straight up vertical too - no perspective or lens distortion that would kill a shot like this.
Limited colour pallette, Yep... good ole north sea on a dull day :D

Many Thanks :)

Not gonna get worked up about the wave - it's not a major distraction from the strong angluar subjects so it can stay (or go) for me. :LOL:
Staying at the moment unless I get the time (y)

number 2 on the re-shoot for me, it has a bit more impact, but both work. Vertical, What Andy said!
Ahhh haaaa a vote for the second :)

Vertical looks good for me, simple and on theme and well done. Would be nice if they were spaced out more, but I guess it's hard to blame you for that. :)
I know what you mean lol :LOL:

Thanks Ray

Evening again DK :wave:
Hey Lynne :)

in no particular order....Vertical.....love it ,no crit from me...right on theme , perfectly level horizon , plenty of verticals & a hint of motion in the sea (y)
Ooo you can come again - Thanks :D

Reshoot of Value...wider crop for me as it show more what the item is for, focus much better
Me too :)

Kind...nifty take on the theme there , as most others have said you laid it out well showing Kind to the rh then le to the LH :clap:
Cheers Lynne... I think my wife's girly pink case helped lift it too, I doubt it would have worked without it.

Rustic ...wish my garden was big enough for a pond with a bridge ...I can just about fit a very small bird bath in mine :crying: However I do really like the shot , could maybe do with some pp to help it pop as I feel there's loads of textures in there waiting to be brought out (y)
Big yeah... but loads of grass to cut, I need to dig some borders and put in some flowering shrubs, tempt bees and butterflies etc - Back to the image, again yeah I should have a play :)

Angles....love the idea & it's a great POV but the processing seems a little harsh to me ?
Just too strong a light I think... I did dig up the SOC of the image, I'll upload and see what you guys think :)

THANKS for the in depth feedback, it really helps/makes me think the next time I shoot similar :)

Back