weekly DK's 52 in 2013 - Wk 47, 50, 51 & 52 added - FINISHED !!!

Greed y, they certainly are. Good capture, pity it wasn't a smidge later just as it was going into the mouth.

Hi ya Dean

loving the Koi shot ,very sharp (y)
Hey Lynne... Thanks, I do like the bright colours when they pop out of the water :)

Movement......love it...fab motion yet perfectly sharp focused scenery in the mirror...brilliant idea & really well executed :clap:
Thanks again :)

ps....thanks for your sterling work on the spreadsheet :love:
Welcome... Keeps me outta trouble :nuts:

DOH....missed you Below shot ! I like the colors showing through on the levaves , love the sunburst & the angle...nicely done mister
Getting better comments than expected for this one :)

Greed y, they certainly are. Good capture, pity it wasn't a smidge later just as it was going into the mouth.
It goes down Sooooo quick Mark that would be a miracle :D

Thanks for the kind comments guys (y)

Hi Dk

I have fallen behind - apologies

Pattern - dandelion is good, like the square crop and the detail and the muted tones and colours. I rather like the eye - but it looks like I am in a minority of one! I think that it has impact and I like the angle, looking away and towards the dreamy whiteness created at the RHS

Movement - simple and effective - conveys the theme well. I particularly like the contrast of the green of the 'moving' hedgerows and the red of the 'still' car.

Below - works well, good sky and colours in the sky and the tree. And a starburst to boot.

Hi Dk

I have fallen behind - apologies
You and me both... well most people this year :LOL:
Pattern - dandelion is good, like the square crop and the detail and the muted tones and colours. I rather like the eye - but it looks like I am in a minority of one! I think that it has impact and I like the angle, looking away and towards the dreamy whiteness created at the RHS
YAY !!!! and Eye liker (y)
Movement - simple and effective - conveys the theme well. I particularly like the contrast of the green of the 'moving' hedgerows and the red of the 'still' car.

I wish the car was still :D

Below - works well, good sky and colours in the sky and the tree. And a starburst to boot.
Annnnnd thanks again :)

Love the greedy fish, So sharp! they are so hard to capture (they move so fast) you did a great job. (y)

Car moving at around 30 MPH
Had to be country lane to get the Hedge/Verge even movement blur
Shutter had to be fast enough to capture still'ish image in the door mirror AND to freeze the bumpy road
Shutter had to be slow enough at the same time to get motion blur of the hedgerow/verge of the sideways/rushing past view

Thanks for the explanation, I was trying to work out if you had done some PP masking trickery, even if you had of done that is a cracking image in so many ways, apart from the image being so good the whole concept messes with my mind :nuts:

Hi Dean,
Get you all caught up and all ;)
Movement, bang on theme with the blur of the hedgerow but the reflection in the mirror is throwing me :thinking:
I am not sure what it is, maybe a compositional thing.

Below, lovely colour tones in the leaves coupled with the starburst effect of the sun all come together to make a very effective image. (y)

Pattern: Love the dandelion head. Great detail.

Greed: Love that one, perfect!

Movement: Very nice shot, nice colours to it.

Below: Really liking this one, love the burst of sun!

Hi DK

Lve the dandelion on the square crop and the colours on below are stunning. Nice starburst on the sun as well. F11?
Thanks Tony :)

It was f14... I tried several different f.stops and this was the best compromise to still give me a good shutter speed :)

Love the greedy fish, So sharp! they are so hard to capture (they move so fast) you did a great job. (y)
Cheers Brian... that they are :)

Car moving at around 30 MPH
Had to be country lane to get the Hedge/Verge even movement blur
Shutter had to be fast enough to capture still'ish image in the door mirror AND to freeze the bumpy road
Shutter had to be slow enough at the same time to get motion blur of the hedgerow/verge of the sideways/rushing past view

Thanks for the explanation, I was trying to work out if you had done some PP masking trickery, even if you had of done that is a cracking image in so many ways, apart from the image being so good the whole concept messes with my mind :nuts:
YAY !!!! it was messing my head up too and I took the photo :LOL:

Thanks Brian (y)

Hi Dean,
Get you all caught up and all ;)
Movement, bang on theme with the blur of the hedgerow but the reflection in the mirror is throwing me :thinking:
I am not sure what it is, maybe a compositional thing.
Hey Iain... glad to be confusing you mate :D

Below, lovely colour tones in the leaves coupled with the starburst effect of the sun all come together to make a very effective image. (y)
Why thank you dear sir (y)

Pattern: Love the dandelion head. Great detail.

Greed: Love that one, perfect!

Movement: Very nice shot, nice colours to it.

Below: Really liking this one, love the burst of sun!
Many thanks Lisa :)

Greed, nice and sharp with great colour in the fish.

Movement, nice combination of the blurred hedge and the fairly shatic reflection in the mirror.

Below, I thought I wood :D see plenty of shots through trees. Shot quite wide @15mm but how close was the camera to the ground as I would have like to see a little more trunk in the shot. The clouds are a little blown around the Sun so maybe be you could have waited for a clearer sky :shrug: Nicely framed and suits the theme perfectly.

Greed, nice and sharp with great colour in the fish.
Cheers Colt :)

Movement, nice combination of the blurred hedge and the fairly shatic reflection in the mirror.

Below, I thought I wood :D see plenty of shots through trees. Shot quite wide @15mm but how close was the camera to the ground as I would have like to see a little more trunk in the shot. The clouds are a little blown around the Sun so maybe be you could have waited for a clearer sky :shrug: Nicely framed and suits the theme perfectly.
Hmmmmm :thinking: I can't remember to be honest... most of them were with me flat on my back on the floor... I don't think this was an exception, this was too I think, that low branch is only 2 or 3 feet from the ground :)

Onto this weeks theme... looks like many of us went for insects, and I was no exception :)

A Bumble bee on the first poppy to open in the garden - not sure which shot I prefer best so again 3 to choose from, I have some wider shots but prefer the close ups

Wk 23 - 'Size'

Wk 23 - 'Size' 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 23 - 'Size' 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 23 - 'Size' 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

Scrolling down the page and this little fella scared the cr*p out me as I wasn't expecting it :) number 3 for me

blimey - looks like we all missed below, love the colours of the leaves against the blue of the sky - perfect use of the trunck and branches to lead us in. Loving the starburst effect from the sun, But.... It's just too low in the frame for me.

Loving #3 if you have the rest of his little foot anywhere???
Awesome eye contact :LOL: - looks like he's lining you up for a sting.

But I'd happily take #1 though too. same level of detail but compositionally works better, and I like his cocked antennae! :LOL:

A great set of the bee there, my only crit would be he's a bit dusty :LOL: out of the three the last on for me although he doesn't look to pleased that you are pointing a camera in his face :clap:

Hi ya :wave:

absolutely cracking of shots of the Bee...like them I the order you have posted them , so much detail & fab use of DOF....pretty amazing...on looking again it's #2 for me....top work mister :clap::clap:

I must have missed 'Below'... not sure how though, it's a corker! Lovely colours and composition, and the sun flaring through is the icing on the cake.

Bee #3 for me, all nicely done but the uncooperative little fella seems to have opted for awkward poses in the first two! :D

Scrolling down the page and this little fella scared the cr*p out me as I wasn't expecting it :) number 3 for me
hahaaaaa :D

Thanks Mark :)

blimey - looks like we all missed below, love the colours of the leaves against the blue of the sky - perfect use of the trunck and branches to lead us in. Loving the starburst effect from the sun, But.... It's just too low in the frame for me.
Thanks Graham :)

To be hones it's too low for me too... have tried flipping it but the branch/trunk does not lead the eye so well, tried moving the sun but couldn't find my oven gloves ;)

Loving #3 if you have the rest of his little foot anywhere???
Awesome eye contact :LOL: - looks like he's lining you up for a sting.

But I'd happily take #1 though too. same level of detail but compositionally works better, and I like his cocked antennae! :LOL:
Hahaaaaa :D thanks

Well unfortunately for me I had clipped his foot, these are virtually full images, I was close in to try and get the best detail but the blinking wind was a bit savage coming through the trellis :)

Hey - where did you get your new found enthusiasm for posting in the actual week of the thread??
:LOL: Alan

To be honest work has slowed down to just manic rather than insanely manic (y)

Good set for the bee. #1 for me as #3 just looks a little too close. Good detail in them both but like the flash of red in #1 more.
Cheers mate :) I like different elements of all 3, that's why I put 3 up again

A great set of the bee there, my only crit would be he's a bit dusty :LOL:
I did think of giving him a quick hoover :nuts:
out of the three the last on for me although he doesn't look to pleased that you are pointing a camera in his face :clap:
Cheers Alan

I was amazed the flash didn't scare him off.. I must of fired off over 100 shots over 10 mine with him moving about on the same plant :thinking:

absolutely cracking of shots of the Bee...like them I the order you have posted them , so much detail & fab use of DOF....pretty amazing...on looking again it's #2 for me....top work mister :clap::clap:
Thanks Lynne (y)

I must have missed 'Below'... not sure how though, it's a corker! Lovely colours and composition, and the sun flaring through is the icing on the cake.
Cheers Nick :)

Bee #3 for me, all nicely done but the uncooperative little fella seems to have opted for awkward poses in the first two! :D
I know what you mean.. I kept asking him to wash his antlers or paws but he just wasn't having it :bat:

Hi DK

Greed, have we seen these guys before somewhere? Great catch as he’s about to hoover up that food. I have gold fish that bang on the tank when hungry so I know how greedy fishies can be! It is a little bit soft around the head of the fish, but I imagine you didn’t get much opportunity to ask for another pose? Nice little star bursts from the light though.

Movement messes with my head a little. Blurry hedge line versus sharper detail in the mirror :bonk: It would be nice if the edge of the wing mirror was sharp but it looks like a challenging shot! I do like how the road leads off into the background really drawing your eye through it(y)
Just read your little description, definitely a challenge, well done for getting it!

Below, is just amazing :clap: lovely blue sky, detail in the trunk and leaves and the star burst :clap: Yes the cloud bottom right is a little bit blown but it doesn’t detract anything from the image!

Size, wow she looks like she’s half asleep in number one, having a little sit down on the job! I think I prefer number three, purely for the fact you have eye contact :clap: The missing foot would have been a bonus but oh well, it’s still a great catch.
Oh am I seeing things but is that a little dust bunny or some dirt bottom left in number three?

Hey - where did you get your new found enthusiasm for posting in the actual week of the thread??

:LOL: It'll never catch on!!!

Hi DK

Greed, have we seen these guys before somewhere? Great catch as he’s about to hoover up that food. I have gold fish that bang on the tank when hungry so I know how greedy fishies can be! It is a little bit soft around the head of the fish, but I imagine you didn’t get much opportunity to ask for another pose? Nice little star bursts from the light though.
Yes you have... did them last year too :D and yes the feeding is mahem, they are like piranha fighting and climbing over each other to get at them !!!

Movement messes with my head a little. Blurry hedge line versus sharper detail in the mirror :bonk: It would be nice if the edge of the wing mirror was sharp but it looks like a challenging shot! I do like how the road leads off into the background really drawing your eye through it(y)
Just read your little description, definitely a challenge, well done for getting it!
Thanks Ya :)

Below, is just amazing :clap: lovely blue sky, detail in the trunk and leaves and the star burst :clap: Yes the cloud bottom right is a little bit blown but it doesn’t detract anything from the image!
Cool... and thanks again :)

Size, wow she looks like she’s half asleep in number one, having a little sit down on the job! I think I prefer number three, purely for the fact you have eye contact :clap: The missing foot would have been a bonus but oh well, it’s still a great catch.
She does a bit doesn't she :D
Oh am I seeing things but is that a little dust bunny or some dirt bottom left in number three?
OOooo looks like there is, will have to check that out !!!!

:LOL: It'll never catch on!!!
No not with me it won't :LOL:

All really nice shots for size. Would have to be 3rd one for me, he doesn't look impressed with you.

Wow, the boy Dean done good, not only posting in the same week as the theme but three images to boot ;).
Who are you and what have you done with Dean? :LOL:

Kidding aside Dean, #1 gets my vote, the eye contact and level of detail really make the shot.

Nowt more to add, good work (y)

All really nice shots for size. Would have to be 3rd one for me, he doesn't look impressed with you.
Thanks Martin :)

Wow, the boy Dean done good, not only posting in the same week as the theme but three images to boot ;).
Who are you and what have you done with Dean? :LOL:
lol :LOL:

Kidding aside Dean, #1 gets my vote, the eye contact and level of detail really make the shot.

Nowt more to add, good work (y)
Cheers Iain :)
Are YOU looking at ME? :LOL:

Wow, a Bee with attitude! - Great job Dean. (y)
Hahaaaaa - Thanks Brian :)

Size: All great shots with amazing detail, love the look on its face in #1! :LOL:

I thought about insects while on my allotment but didnt really see any :thinking: not even ladybirds and we are normally covered in them :cautious:

Size: All great shots with amazing detail, love the look on its face in #1! :LOL:

I thought about insects while on my allotment but didnt really see any :thinking: not even ladybirds and we are normally covered in them :cautious:
Thanks Lisa :)

I know what you mean... I think the cold and wet start to the year has killed a lot of them off :(

A bit tough this one... Had an idea but not sure it has worked... I left it a bit late in the day to take the shot, so the best angle for my liking would cast my shadow over it :( ... I'll keep thinking of something else during the week :thinking:

In the garden again... the filtration process for the pond... I have over process'd it too :D

Wk 24 - 'Process'

Wk 24 ' Process' by TP DK, on Flickr

WTF....you do realise it's Sunday ;)

B&W works well and there is a good a,mount if detail in there.

On theme, but feels a little tight for me.

Cheers and put your feet up!

WTF....you do realise it's Sunday ;)

B&W works well and there is a good a,mount if detail in there.

On theme, but feels a little tight for me.

Cheers and put your feet up!
Thanks Andy :)

It is tight as there is so much crap around it... besides tight is good :naughty:

definately fits the theme - in both ways... great detail in an interesting subject. even down to the little pellett things, (looking like hundreds of small dice), and the curly spiral working well.

I think the tight crop is right, the outer circle defines the limit of interest, and anything outside would distract. not clipped any of the circle so :clap: from me

well certainly on theme it actually does do a process, not the most interesting pic in the world but I am sure someone will be along soon to say otherwise. I am more amazed that you got it in on Sunday :eek:

interesting subject choice...wouldn't have guessed what it was....I kinda like the circulerness ( spell check doesn't think that's a real word ! ) of it , pp suits it , plenty of detail & although tight in the frame it still works (y)

definately fits the theme - in both ways... great detail in an interesting subject. even down to the little pellett things, (looking like hundreds of small dice), and the curly spiral working well.

I think the tight crop is right, the outer circle defines the limit of interest, and anything outside would distract. not clipped any of the circle so :clap: from me
Cool... Cheers Graham :)

well certainly on theme it actually does do a process, not the most interesting pic in the world but I am sure someone will be along soon to say otherwise. I am more amazed that you got it in on Sunday :eek:
What you trying to say :bat:

Thanks really Allan :)

interesting subject choice...wouldn't have guessed what it was....I kinda like the circulerness ( spell check doesn't think that's a real word ! ) of it , pp suits it , plenty of detail & although tight in the frame it still works (y)
Cheers Lynne :)

Circulerness... :LOL:

Nice on DK. Love the smooth clean round housing thing against the sharp little spiky things inside it. I think the only thing I can add is that I think I would perhaps have tried pulling the housing down a shade or two in PP to emphasise this? (y)

Nice on DK. Love the smooth clean round housing thing against the sharp little spiky things inside it. I think the only thing I can add is that I think I would perhaps have tried pulling the housing down a shade or two in PP to emphasise this? (y)
Cheers Brian :)

How do you mean... just the housing and not the filtration media ??

Back