weekly DK's 52 in 2013 - Wk 47, 50, 51 & 52 added - FINISHED !!!

Another vote for the re-crop Dean (y)

It has a real sense of speed and movement in it, the bright red set against the dark green is very effective too.

Good skills on the panning also (y)

Another vote for the re-crop Dean (y)

It has a real sense of speed and movement in it, the bright red set against the dark green is very effective too.

Good skills on the panning also (y)
Thanks very much Iain :)

Yup, crop works better...more in front for me, though.
I wish there was more mate :LOL:

Decent panning skills, as well.

Cheers.
Cheers Too :)

The crop of speed works for me. I find panning tough, and always end up pushing the shutter speed up. You've not done that, and it's given it a nice sense of speed. The red against the green pops nicely too.

Hi DK

Speed - simply put, it works. It conveys the theme and there is enough stillness in the centre around Mrs DK that the remaining blur gives the effect. Good colours and the white line going up slightly also adds to the impact.
Thanks Alan :)

The crop of speed works for me. I find panning tough, and always end up pushing the shutter speed up. You've not done that, and it's given it a nice sense of speed. The red against the green pops nicely too.
Cheers Nick :) I sure agree it is tough, I'm hoping to try again in some different locations to try and improve and get the knack :)

Plenty: Very nice shot. Lovely dappled light.

Reshoot gravity: Again a great capture, nice and sharp!

Speed: I like the crop you have done, nice panning.

Hi Dean.....I finally back again for a catch up :wave:

Plenty...edit is better for sure....make certain to save some plum crumble to bring to the meet (y)

gravity.....crop of the reshoot works a treat.....well done you for chasing them round....quick little beggars aren't they :LOL:

Speed....great choice of car color ...red really stands out against the green hedge....crop works better, cracking sense of speed in the wheels...good stuff mister :clap:

Plenty: Very nice shot. Lovely dappled light.

Reshoot gravity: Again a great capture, nice and sharp!

Speed: I like the crop you have done, nice panning.
Many Thanks Lisa :)

Hi Dean.....I finally back again for a catch up :wave:
Hey Lynne :)

Plenty...edit is better for sure....make certain to save some plum crumble to bring to the meet (y)
Sounds like a plan... but I doubt it will last that long in my house :D

gravity.....crop of the reshoot works a treat.....well done you for chasing them round....quick little beggars aren't they :LOL:
That they are... Thanks :)

Speed....great choice of car color ...red really stands out against the green hedge....crop works better, cracking sense of speed in the wheels...good stuff mister :clap:
Thanks again :)

Struggling with this weeks to get one done on the weekend, my son and I went for a walk today to get the following shot... I didn't manage the shot I really wanted so I think I will try and get another during the week 'If I can' as this is pushing it :)

Wk 30 - 'Step' A step in the river...

Wk 20 - 'Step' by TP DK, on Flickr

Struggling with this weeks to get one done on the weekend, my son and I went for a walk today to get the following shot... I didn't manage the shot I really wanted so I think I will try and get another during the week 'If I can' as this is pushing it :)

Wk 30 - 'Step' A step in the river...

Wk 20 - 'Step' by TP DK, on Flickr

On theme, I think. I find the light OOF wall on the right hand side distracting from the main subject though.

On theme, I think. I find the light OOF wall on the right hand side distracting from the main subject though.

Thanks for the feedback :) i see what you mean, I did try a crop but there wasn't much water left and took it out of context a bit :D

Hi DK

I see what you are getting at but I think its the angle of the shot that doesn't work for me, it needs you to take a couple of steps to the left :D
I like the water has a nice flow to it

Hi Dean, sorry I have missed loads!
Speed, I would crop from the right side of the first pale streak on the left if that makes sense.Nice movement and the colours are great.

Step, shame about that oof bit of wall, but nice movement in the water keeps me looking though.
Thanks Michael :)

I may try something different with PP if I don't get another image done in time, if not definitely a re-shoot for me :)

Step. Tbh I didn't think much of the original but the miniature effect really makes it stand out.

Speed...again the second with the crop to give more space ahead than behind makes a huge difference. Bright red works really well aginst the greens.

Frustrating when it takes two goes to nail it but but all credit that you're able to take crit on board and make the small changes that make a big difference

Another vote for the tilt shift edit Dean (y)

I think it takes it away from a straightforward record shot and elevates it to something rather good.
Was this a reshoot or some photoshop wizardry?

Step. Tbh I didn't think much of the original
That's fair enough Graham :)

but the miniature effect really makes it stand out.
Another Woo Hooo, to be honest I really was unsure if I had gone overboard with it :)

Speed...again the second with the crop to give more space ahead than behind makes a huge difference. Bright red works really well against the greens.
Thanks... again I didn't even notice until it was pointed out :)

Frustrating when it takes two goes to nail it but but all credit that you're able to take crit on board and make the small changes that make a big difference
It sure is frustrating mate, and I'm all for taking crit on-board, but still beat myself up over not noticing myself :LOL:

Thanks for the comments as usual (y)

Another vote for the tilt shift edit Dean (y)

I think it takes it away from a straightforward record shot and elevates it to something rather good.
Thanks Ian, comparing the two together yeah the first is very 'Snapish' although getting a longish exposure steady with no tripod, ND filter Etc. was a challenge for me with my shaky hands :D
Was this a reshoot or some photoshop wizardry?
Well... I'd like to say I went out and done a re-shoot (y)

But there again I'd be telling a bit of an untruth... :whistle:

Last edited:
I like the tilt-shift version a lot, has an unreal quality about it. Smart idea, it really gave it something.

I'm another who MUCH prefers the tilt shift.

I'm also quite jealous because we have a big series of these near us that I wanted to shoot but they are dry at the moment :(

Well done. (y)

So much better, though i still think you should have got in the water :D

I like the tilt-shift version a lot, has an unreal quality about it. Smart idea, it really gave it something.
Cheers Nick :)

I'm another who MUCH prefers the tilt shift.
Thanks Brian :)

I'm also quite jealous because we have a big series of these near us that I wanted to shoot but they are dry at the moment :(

Well done. (y)
That sounds typical... I'm amazed we have any flowing water considering how flat it is around here :D

So much better, though i still think you should have got in the water :D
:p

I really like the speed shot - great pan and although I wasn't sure initially about step the redo which draws focus is greatly improved (y)

Hi DK

Another vote for the edit of Steps - as has been said it does take it out of the ordinary and I am a real fan of the miniature (Tilt shift - altho I don't know what that means :() effect. It really is quite a nice shot - the water sems to have more movement in it.
Cheers Alan - I haven't a clue what tilt-shift stands for either :LOL:

Step(s): I really like the movement in the water. I really like the edited version too!

And onto the next - been tough thinking of one this week, when out of the blue my admin lady came in this morning and told me about a field just down the road..

3 to choose from, I'm preferring the misty treeline in the first but it's difficult to see what the blobs are, so a couple of other shots showing a bit more detail.

Thoughts now seen on PC - I wish I had my tri-pod with me and could have done a pic with more depth, may be a bit too washed out too, the light wasn't too great :thinking:

Anyway... Wk 31 - 'Mono' - let me know which one you think

Wk 31 - 'Mono' 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 31 - 'Mono' 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 31 - 'Mono' 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
3, how very dare you :D

Yeah, I agree, #1 for me as well. Good detail,and cracking wide angle. Cracking layers across the photograph. Has a real Apocalypse Now! Feel to it.

On #2 the shards of light really stand out.

Good set (y)

Hi DK

3 pics :eek: I do really like the 1st one the line of trees is great but I see what you mean about not being able to make out what the blobs are, which are interesting in themselves, so 1 and 3 for me (y)

Back