Gary's 365 - Feelings & Emotions (ended early)

I think you were asking if I thought YOU bugged ME. Nope, except when you downplay your abilities and lack confidence, then you get right on my manboobs!

Gary.

Oh damm have i changed since i last spoke to you :LOL:

My abilities are only not strong enough because i have not been doing photography for long, that will come over time ;)

Lack Confidence, hmm yeah i did sort of lack that. But finding i am getting better with that (y)

Tony

2596815364_7684ab2d59_o.jpg

Well another friday night without a drop :) I have been off alcohol for 2 years more or less. Just to confirm I have never really had an addiction or anything, just a complete disgrace of an attitude when drunk. I would normally go out at the weekend and drink until I could not stand :wacky:

Today I feel DETERMINED to steer clear of the nasty stuff! :clap: :D

Gary.
PS - my mums boyfriend in this MEGA HIGH ISO photo! :) Damn D3 has no built in flash :bang:

Last edited:
2598755738_3806d067a8_o.jpg

Time for the sick bucket guys, be warned! :LOL:

This is my rock, Claire. Never did I imagine meeting such a wonderful, well balanced and mature soulmate. She is perfect for me in every sense of the word, and puts up with all my announces and peculiarities. She is always at hand to help me through the hard times, and is always ready if I need a friend to lean on. She is caring, forgiving, and quite simply, my star! :)

God knows what I would do without her. She is my life, and I am probably the most privileged man in the universe :D

Last edited:
2600995609_44905cc678_o.jpg

It's that time of the week again, when I feel the whole weight of the world on my shoulders. Work is a difficult prospect at the best of times, but recently it has been harder than normal due to various issues with staff and office morale. The weekends are my window of respite, but every sunday I get that sinking feeling right about now.

The trouble with work is, it more than anything else, dictates the life you can have on various levels. People say money can't buy happiness, I say thats b******t. Without my job, no mortgage, no house, no nice nights out, no new toys, no holidays, no car. I sometimes fear, no wife, no friends and an entire family let down.

I hate the fear of suddenly being a failure and earning nothing overnight. It's one of my biggest insecurities. I didn't do school, I have no time for bosses or authority, and time keeping is a nono - who the hell would employ me?. I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO WORK FOR MYSELF, and I have managed to build an excellent business as a result but it just scares me - what if it crumbles around me, how much of my life would go down with the business? That is my single biggest fear in life.

I guess it brings me back full circle to Sunday night, and that looming feeling of work in the morning. Work to me is not a requirement to pay a few bills, it's not as simple as 9 to 5. Work for me is the superglue which holds my life together, and I hate the fact that I have this untamed beast dictating my happiness. I feel free at the weekends, but come Monday morning I will be trapped again, fighting for my life.

I am alone with this dreaded feeling? Today I feel completely and utterly isolated.

Gary.

Last edited:
Dude, don't feel isolated... We may only be characters on your screen, but you have made a lot of friends here and like this post shows, you feel open talking to us all!
I like the last couple of pictures, the dof on the last one make your eyes the prominent feature and really draw you into the photo...

Happiness is good health, a loving partner, nice children, no debts, enough money for essentials and a little left over for toys. Don't get the monetary bug - it only ends in grief. Self employed - don't get carried away, pay as you go, else the big bad bank manager will take it all back one day.

Dude, don't feel isolated... We may only be characters on your screen, but you have made a lot of friends here and like this post shows, you feel open talking to us all!
I like the last couple of pictures, the dof on the last one make your eyes the prominent feature and really draw you into the photo...

Thanks! :) This place is awesome.

Happiness is good health, a loving partner, nice children, no debts, enough money for essentials and a little left over for toys. Don't get the monetary bug - it only ends in grief. Self employed - don't get carried away, pay as you go, else the big bad bank manager will take it all back one day.

Agree with everything you say, and the only debt I have is my mortgage. It's kind of an important (and massive) bill though, and the main reason for this insecurity I guess. I do long for a simple life, with all the things you mention.

G.

I absolutely hate sunday nights too. I always have done, even back at school. I constantly time-check, counting down the time before I have to call it a night and the sentence begins in the morning. I know we're not alone, I see friends on Facebook updating their status with similar feelings

Agree with everything you say, and the only debt I have is my mortgage. It's kind of an important (and massive) bill though, and the main reason for this insecurity I guess. I do long for a simple life, with all the things you mention.

G.

If your mortgage is your only debt then you are on the right track. Don't worry about the mortgage though, you could always sell up and get a smaller house. Smaller house means less bills, less household chores and more time with the wife and kids.

If your mortgage is your only debt then you are on the right track. Don't worry about the mortgage though, you could always sell up and get a smaller house. Smaller house means less bills, less household chores and more time with the wife and kids.

:D Are you sure you are not a fly on our wall??? We have that very discussion every other week! :)

Not really smaller, just out of Edinburgh would do it, you pay a premium here and its not justified.

I would love to live in a country house in East Lothian, lovely rolling hills and the seaside is never far away.

Gary.

:D Are you sure you are not a fly on our wall??? We have that very discussion every other week! :)

Not really smaller, just out of Edinburgh would do it, you pay a premium here and its not justified.

I would love to live in a country house in East Lothian, lovely rolling hills and the seaside is never far away.

Gary.

Just do it then. That's what we did, and we never regretted it.

You look like you are thinking of loads of things.

I am sure your wife will be there for you, no matter what (y)

Tony

2603337001_272b518e09_o.jpg

Why is it that if something tastes great, it's more than likely going to be insanely bad for you? Whether it's a donar kebab, a snicker, or a bottle of freezing cold Cola - it's not gonna be good for your body. Take the most famous of all junk foods, the Big Mac. It tastes amazing, and it can be in your mouth 30 seconds after you hand over your hard earned fiver. Make mines a large, oh - and don't forget the BBQ and Sweet and Sour sauce, helps hide the taste of all that salt on the fries! Also, no ice for me - more juice to help my teeth rot until they are held to my skull by rancid, half snapped, twisted, black & yellow roots.

We know it makes us fat, rots our teeth and clogs our arteries. Why then do we continue to indulge in this stomach filth? Something keeps us going back for one last time. Trouble is, one day, it will be the last time - and maybe a lot sooner than we hope.

Today I feel gluttonous.

Gary.

Last edited:
Eating my nuts and raisins and feeling a Mac-pang! :D

Nice brown in the processing Gary! (y)

I used to love Mc Donald and used to have it every Friday night after swimming. I didn't relies how fattening it was, But now i do

I had a dona kebab about a week ago and a snickers yesterday (See my Day 10 continued) for what i am talking about ;)

I didn't think it would make me fat because i was always active and so on.

Tony

I used to love Mc Donald and used to have it every Friday night after swimming. I didn't relies how fattening it was, But now i do

I had a dona kebab about a week ago and a snickers yesterday (See my Day 10 continued) for what i am talking about ;)

I didn't think it would make me fat because i was always active and so on.

Tony

Active or not, I think its all **** unfortunately. It all tastes great, but boy - system abuse! I don't give myself too much of a hard time, as I refuse point blank to do any drugs, alcohol included. It's not a real excuse though, still easy enough to get really fat - all it takes is a kebab or two a week, and little exercise. I read somewhere that a can of cola over and above your total calory allowance per day would result in an extra 2 stone of weight per year....

Scary!

Gary.

I have never touched drugs and i never will

Don't do anything for me to want to be "Out of my face" when i can just have a Dr.Pepper and go loopy :)

I have never touched drugs and i never will

Don't do anything for me to want to be "Out of my face" when i can just have a Dr.Pepper and go loopy :)

I would love to experience a "trip" or whatever, but I refuse point blank to induce it with Chemicals and other substances! However, if I could naturally induce an "out of this world" experience which was also definately going to be a "good trip", I would love to see what all the fuss is about :)

I guess the same goes for things that make you super hyper, super sleepy, etc etc. I am not condoning the use of drugs, but I can see why people use them for a bit of "escapism". It's the dangers of drug taking, and the people you need to meet to participate that puts me off.

I also miss being absolutely drunk to the point where I can hardly stand, from a completely immature point of view, it's very good having no reason to care about anything, and someone else being there to take good care of you. I owe my wife a lot!!!

Gary.

Been drunk quite a few times and loved it on the night, the next morning though is crap :( :LOL:

However, if I could naturally induce an "out of this world" experience which was also definately going to be a "good trip", I would love to see what all the fuss is about :)

Gary.

The good news is that it IS possible!
The body is capable of producing it's own drugs that have been likened to some heavy duty narcotics.

The downside is that it takes a bit of an extreme physical stimulus to do it. Have a look at firewalking or flesh hook suspension and there are religious orders that do some extreme flagellation.

You might want to pass on the endorphins. :wacky:

The good news is that it IS possible!
The body is capable of producing it's own drugs that have been likened to some heavy duty narcotics.

The downside is that it takes a bit of an extreme physical stimulus to do it. Have a look at firewalking or flesh hook suspension and there are religious orders that do some extreme flagellation.

You might want to pass on the endorphins. :wacky:

:LOL: Aint no chains or hooks going near my manbits, no sir! Ouch!

Guess I will need to wait 20 or 30 years until the likes of Total Recall or the Matrix allows an alternate reality to be placed in ones head for a "virtual holiday"...

Gary

I thought that was Eastenders?

:) It's not the package I would sign up for, if I had a choice ;) Punishment that program, it really is.

Riiiickaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay???????

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Gas, just out of interest. What settings do you use on your camera when taking a self portrait, Like Av etc etc

Tony

Back