Gary's 365 - Feelings & Emotions (ended early)

i can see this is going to be an interesting project...:D

just checking, but it is a black box yeah? unless my screen is being carp!

I can see it I think... Are we allowed to make guesses as to what it is!!!

:D

You have a local shop that sells those???

Very local, could not believe my luck. Army surpluss store, I thought all they had were new swiss style gas masks (boring)...

In the window, REAL russian world war masks (so I am told!), freakiest things I have ever seen.

Can't wait to get started,

Gary.

I've only just started reading your articles on flickr today, and i'm already up to numer 27.
Everything you have written is intensely deep and inspiring. You have a very interesting and emotional life story which is clearly portrayed in your photography and text to match.
Please do keep this up, even when you don't completely feel like it, because i'm now going to keep an eye on your new entries. I would even go as far as buying a book with all your entries in since they are so interesting.

Keep up the good work.

GOing to be late, apologies! I will reply to the other 365's when I get this one live, pic taken, but family are here and need to give lift home...

G.

Very local, could not believe my luck. Army surpluss store, I thought all they had were new swiss style gas masks (boring)...

In the window, REAL russian world war masks (so I am told!), freakiest things I have ever seen.

Can't wait to get started,

Gary.

Old gas masks have asbestos in them:puke::thumbsdown:

2672974370_404aae8803_o.jpg

Today has been an extremely frustrating day, from start to finish, and as such I am pretty p*ssed off and in need of a rant.

I knew it was going to be a sh*t day when I woke, I just had that feeling. The feeling that you would rather be in a coma than face the world. Thats a pretty harsh thing to say, especially as I wasn't actually unhappy, just totally and utterly lazy to the point of wishing I could sleep forever. Sleep however, was over, and it was time to fall out of the pit I call bed, and into the shower.

That's better, nothing like some hot water hammering your scalp to wake you up. After the shower, I headed downstairs for a bowl of Cheerios. Not only did I get the arseend of the box, all the crumbs and crap from the bottom, not quite a full portion either, but I got the frothy bubbly crap from the bottom of the milk bottle - about a spits worth. My cheerios, were quite franky, sh*t.

Next it was time to prepare for my morning exit. Keys? Check. Sandwich? Check. Wallet? Check. Bus fares? SH*T AND F***! I HATE PUBLIC CRAPPY SH*TTY TRANSPORT. F***********************CK SAKE! I am now 100% boiling, and in need of therapy, clearly.

So, I leave "This damn house" as I call it on occasion, taking the dog, my camera, my camera bag, my sandwich, my keys, and my wallet with me, before locking up. I get the dog in the box in the back of the scenic for the trip to Gran's. I get in the passenger seat after dumping all my crap in the back, and Claire gets in the drivers seat. I am still raging that I need to work, that I could not stay in bed, that my Cheerios were SH*T and that I have no bus fares, I really am in a foul mood.

Claire, instead of dropping me at the bus stop, drops me at the service station which is a good 5 min walk from my bus stop. It has a card machine, one of those £1.99 per usage machines. Robbing bunch of *****ers, and I don't want to use it, however, have no choice.

I put the card in, "You will be charged a fee blah blah blah ". Fine, I don't care. £10 please. And it tells me to p*ss off, I'm getting nothing, just a cold screen telling me to beat it. I cannot describe the rage I was feeling at this point. I ripped my card from the machine whilst it was slowly and annoyingly emerging from the evil hole, and I crammed back into my battered and cheap old wallet as quickly as I could. Like a spoilt little git, I marched 5 minutes to the next area with a bank machine, and get my £10 out, all whilst mumbling and swearing like a loon under my breath.

Great, now what. I have a £10 note and our local "award winning bus service", REFUSE to give change of any sort. I am 5 minutes away from any form of shop, including the petrol station which I had only just left. Why is my day turning out to be so superbly sh*t in every respect? I don't get it.

I march to the shops, buy a photography magazine, insist on pound coins in the change, and then march all the way to the nearest bus stop. I have been out the house for nearly 45 minutes now, and normally, I would already be at my desk.

After a 10 minute wait for the bus, which by the way, felt like an eternity, I board the X48. A single decker bus, popular with suits and wannabe snobs, t***s who sit with their iphones blaring (so the guy wearing an iphone at the other end of the bus knows he has competition), and those oh so STUPID ********s who insist on assigning a massively loud BEEP to every keystroke on their mobile, whilst composing a text message. TAKE YOUR PHONE AND STICK IT UP YOUR JACKSIE, YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF LOWLIFE SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, why the hell must it BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP every time you type a character? It's just POINTLESS. NOBODY CARES, TURN IT OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

So, I am sitting on this god forsaken CRAPHOLE of a bus. I am resting the camera on my legs, whilst trying to read the Metro. My arse is planked on one of those oh so cleverly designed folding bus seats, the ones which always slope forward so you are constantly at risk of slipping of. A few stops down the line, the bus halts to let more passengers on. Meet "Miss Biggest Handbag in the World". Where does she sit? RIGHT NEXT TO ME, Lazy bitch. Why can't she walk further back? Why must she sit within 1/2 an inch of me, forcing me to find an even more difficult position on this pathetic excuse for a seat? Now the camera is swinging lossely below the seat, and the newspaper is folder over 3 or 4 times so I can still read it without invading "her space"! Needless to say I gave up. The Metro got tossed, and the camera was held in its place.

Work, well what can I say. Work was truly sh*t, and I would still be here at 9am writing this if I went into it. Needless to say, home time could not come soon enough...

So...Claire is downstairs from my office after finishing her shift. I get in the car, and we spend what I suspect was 15 minutes discussing what we should have for tea. WHO CARES? I WILL EAT ANYTHING!!! We decide on home made spag Carbonari. 30 minutes in Sainsburies finding all the crap required to cook it. We leave Sainsburies and head for Mums to collect the dog. I invite my Mum and sisters boyfriend to share the meal, and they come home with us. I get home almost 2 hours after leaving work!!!

I cook, we eat, and I then try and get stuck into the project I mentioned yesterday, I made a tiny dent in it, but not to the extent I had hoped. The quality of my photographs were 100% lacking, and came across as lazy half arsed efforts. I am clearly not in the mindset at this moment in time to be doing anything other than recharging my batteries.

I am sorry for ranting, I have not thought much about this entry to be fair, and when I started typing, about 15 minutes ago, I had no idea what was about to come. I really should take another photo, however I did take one today which I guess I can make fit.

So there you have it folks! Today, I feel totally frustrated, and I guess I feel like I am now lieing at the bottom of the stairs which I had managed to climb yesterday!

Gary.

poor gary, fear not, tomorrow can only be better:)

Despite the crap day gary, the image is good I like it, it is nicely composed I like the way the light is falling and the feeling of emerging from the gloom into the light....

Tomorrow's another day with different challenges... I have a 7.30 meeting in london which is a 1.30 drive for me and I am not tired at all, but I can guarantee I will be a grumpy bugger tomorrow in the meeting and the first contractor to fall foul of me will be beaten to death with his own arm which will be ripped off and bludgeoned around his stupid head with the red wet end.....

So on that note I think I will have a large tot and see if sleep will come when head his pillow..

Cheers

Shutterman

I hate it when for one reason or another I'm unable to read the next chapter in the emotions of Gary saga. But, I've caught up again now, (y) and I'm real pleased it hasn't been abandoned.

A day or two back you said,

The fact that my photos had nothing personal in them leads me to believe he was originally genuine,

Of course he was, they were a very good set in their own right. With or without a bg story.

I hope the project you're working on comes to fruition, but it's sure as hell frustrating not knowing what it is. :bang: :LOL:

Thanks for sharing some excellent images and riveting reading. (y)

Diane

Really looking forward to this project Gary, I'll be keeping an eye out on here and flickr ;)
Frustration really is a dark dark passage, recently in my job I have been feeling more frustrated each and every day - trouble is it has been seeping into my home life... I would get home and 'sulk' for lack of a better word, my gfriend would suffer, my friends and family would suffer, and even the dog would suffer because all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep!

Well, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I resigned on Monday and although they haven't accepted it yet, they are not going to be able to change my mind!

I now have a 3 month notice period to get through, but immediately a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I feel happy and relaxed...

I totally agree with your photo and I can sympathise with your words... Another excellent addition to your 365! (y)

Paul :D

Really looking forward to this project Gary, I'll be keeping an eye out on here and flickr ;)
Frustration really is a dark dark passage, recently in my job I have been feeling more frustrated each and every day - trouble is it has been seeping into my home life... I would get home and 'sulk' for lack of a better word, my gfriend would suffer, my friends and family would suffer, and even the dog would suffer because all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep!

Well, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I resigned on Monday and although they haven't accepted it yet, they are not going to be able to change my mind!

I now have a 3 month notice period to get through, but immediately a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I feel happy and relaxed...

I totally agree with your photo and I can sympathise with your words... Another excellent addition to your 365! (y)

Paul :D

Jesus paul :eek:

Good luck! Didn't realise work was so bad for you!!! Soul destroying at times I guess.

Gary.

yep, it's been quite bad... I'm in an industry where one screw up or mis-calculation could potentially harm someone, not prepared for that to happen so decided now was the time to leave. Thing that makes me smile, is that there are only two people that can create complex studies in the company - myself and my colleague! We both resigned together...

Neither of us has anything to go to, but we do have a long notice period!!!

But it has reached board level already and it seems we have REALLY put the cat amongst the pigeons..

I feel sooooooo much happier though, I will at last begin to take photos again and live my life how I want to be living... :D

But this is your 365, so I won't open myself up here!!!

Suffice to say, I read your last entry and thought to myself - yep, I can totally relate!!!

:p

yep, it's been quite bad... I'm in an industry where one screw up or mis-calculation could potentially harm someone, not prepared for that to happen so decided now was the time to leave. Thing that makes me smile, is that there are only two people that can create complex studies in the company - myself and my colleague! We both resigned together...

Neither of us has anything to go to, but we do have a long notice period!!!

But it has reached board level already and it seems we have REALLY put the cat amongst the pigeons..

I feel sooooooo much happier though, I will at last begin to take photos again and live my life how I want to be living... :D

But this is your 365, so I won't open myself up here!!!

Suffice to say, I read your last entry and thought to myself - yep, I can totally relate!!!

:p

Well good luck, you clearly have a good head on your shoulders, I guess you and your mate will find work very quickly.

Gary.

Last edited:
Back