Eighth challenge for the days ahead.

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
I have chosen an easier and more varied theme for the eighth challenge, this is for two reasons, to try to get the entry numbers up and also as I was not expecting to do as well as I did in the last challenge I did not have anything in mind, therefore when I saw the weather today and bearing in mind the industry that I work in it was a no brainer really. I also like the fact that it allows a myriad of possible pictures yet all still on theme.

So the theme for the eighth challenge is WATER

Basic rules are;

All new photos, the idea is to take something new within the time frame!
Maximum of 3 entries per person!
Limited PP, cropping, exposure control, sharpening etc is okay, multi layered cut and pasting is not!
The winner chooses the theme for the following challenge!

Entries can be posted from 8pm on Friday until 8pm on Sunday, with the winner announced later that evening.

Best of luck to you all (y)

Hmm. Looks interesting. I've got one from the weekend that would work... Not sure I'm going to get much else... may have to have a play :D

Being as its way past 20:00hrs, I will kick off with this taken earlier today at a slightly chilly Sandend Bay on the Banfshire coast.
DSC_0297-Editcopy.jpg

Well we have a starter, at the moment your winning (y)

with just under 30 hours left to submit that could be in 2nd and 3rd place too :D

Why no entries I wonder?

I suspect there will be a few more yet.

I chose the topic as I felt it covered a wide range of subject matter: seascapes, waterfalls, puddles, rivers, lakes, rain, water droplets, splashes, fountains, showers, baths (glamour and baby shots) still lifes (whiskey & water) flower shots (with water drops) and probably dozens more.

Still, time will tell!

These are my 3 entries for this weeks challenge

Tal Y Cafn Bridge over River Conwy
water049LargeWebview.jpg

Water snake to find the River Conwy
water058LargeWebview.jpg

A frozen summit of Snowdon
editSnowdon8thMarch09044LargeWebvie.jpg

Thanks

Elvis

Here's my entries:

1. Water overflow @ lock gates:

IMG_6928.jpg

2. Reflections on a Lake

IMG_6990a.jpg

3. Fisherman

IMG_7347.jpg

Here's my poor :D attempts...

An Indoor Waterfall

IMG_2817.jpg

Underwater Diver

IMG_2822.jpg

I've been away on holiday so missed the last one but I was determined to enter some for this challenge. Not really enough time for anything decent, I'm afraid, but here they are anyway.

First one was taken on my holiday last week but I did not take my DSLR with me.

Cimg7063a.jpg

Cimg7125a.jpg

Cimg7130a.jpg

Jenny

Just to let you all know, I'm off out to have an Indian for a couple of hours (food, in case anyone thinks differently) and I will judge the competition on my return.

Couple of naughty ones in here though :nono: (definitely not taken within the time of the competition), the idea is to actually take the pictures within the specified time, that is why it is good to have a topic that covers a reasonably wide range!

Just to let you all know, I'm off out to have an Indian for a couple of hours (food, in case anyone thinks differently) and I will judge the competition on my return.

Couple of naughty ones in here though :nono: (definitely not taken within the time of the competition), the idea is to actually take the pictures within the specified time, that is why it is good to have a topic that covers a reasonably wide range!

oh sulkfest!! :bang: ok, please disregard my 2nd and 3rd, the first one was definately taken TODAY!! :D

oh sulkfest!! :bang: ok, please disregard my 2nd and 3rd, the first one was definately taken TODAY!! :D

lol @ sulkfest :LOL: Actually I think your 1st one is a very good contender, way better than no's 2 & 3! I hasten to add all of mine were taken within the time frame, even my original no.3 shot which i've since decided to replace with one I took today.

Good luck to everyone who entered (y)

Here we go then!

In 3rd place is: hepburn, I am an occasional sea angler so can empathise with this image, and I like the composition, pity about the bivvy (or whatever it is on the pier). Strangely enough I liked the image you replaced too, although I felt it needed a little more contrast.

IMG_7347.jpg

In 2nd place: jennyb, Nice composition, excellently exposed and nice colours, does it for me, although not sure you took it within the timeframe :nono:

Cimg7063a.jpg

In 1st place, Yv's flower, well it was a foregone conclusion after she posted her first image, beautiful image, well composed and exposed and blew the others away, pity that her 2nd & 3rds would have been disqualified anyway (looked at the exif data) :p

3355586209_cb895f7c4c_o.jpg

Well done Yv and congratulations :clap:

Wahay, on to next week and I am allowed to enter again (y)

Many thanks to all that entered!

Cheers Ed. Appreciate the feedback and will have a play with the contrast in the other pic. Not always easy to get it right on a laptop screen. Well done Jennyb and Yv!

There were some really good entries for this one, I had some ideas but that's all they stayed as unfortunately!

Congratulations Yv for winning - that image is stunning :)

:woot: thanks Ed, that pic meant an early rise this morning to get to the flower stall before the sunday drivers were out and about. Not to mention a couple of amusing hours in the garden, with water, trying to drown tulips :LOL:

Well done everyone, some lovely shots and especially to Heppers and Jenny :clap:

Hmmmm, now I have to come up with a good theme again don't I? Ok, will have a thunk, and post later (y)

Congratulations again and don't thunk for too long!

Congrats yvonne stunning, lovely shot, great colour and comp, well deserved winner :shrug:

Well done Hep and jenny,

I didnt get round to this one, was going to post an image from last week but it wouldnt of qualified in that case

must try harder only 5 members entered this week

Well done Yv and everyone else who entered. I had one lined up but never got bthe chance to do it but It wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as the top three here. Must make the effort next week.

Well done Hepburn, Jenny and Yv. A worthy wining picture with excelent composition and colours :clap:

Back