Bought the Tamron 17-50 2.8.. Tell me about yours

you guys have got me lusting after one of these now. as i'm not bothered about the extra stop, is it good enough to ditch the nifty?

I can't comment on the nifty as I'm a Sony user but I did some comparison shots with mine and the Minolta 50mm f1.7.

I was going to sell the 50mm if performance was similar but it's not.

Though once they are both stopped down a little they are probably as sharp as each other the colours on the minolta are better.

Add this to the fact that the minolta is pretty crispy sharp by f2.8 and it's a no go, the minolta still keeps a place in the bag.

I need to get used to the Tamron though, I was using it at 50mm yesterday and zoomed out with my feet.:bonk:

you guys have got me lusting after one of these now. as i'm not bothered about the extra stop, is it good enough to ditch the nifty?

I'm selling my nifty fifty as I never use it since getting the Tamron. Other things with the nifty fifty is the focusing isn't as accurate as I would like, especially at f1.8 where you need it the most.

ok, so its raining and cloudy. But wait.. thats why i bought a fast lens.. right? Tomorrow I'll get you some shots uploaded Woodsie.. just i haven't found anything much to photograph. So i've done the teddy nexto my phone, the photocopier, the kettle, the binders and then i started getting funny looks from fellow workers!!

I am impressed at the quality of the lens and tomorrow I'll find something quality to photograph.

Do you think the office ladies will mind.. no i couldn't.. forget that one :nono:

ok, so its raining and cloudy. But wait.. thats why i bought a fast lens.. right? Tomorrow I'll get you some shots uploaded Woodsie.. just i haven't found anything much to photograph. So i've done the teddy nexto my phone, the photocopier, the kettle, the binders and then i started getting funny looks from fellow workers!!

I am impressed at the quality of the lens and tomorrow I'll find something quality to photograph.

Haha, that is typical Britain you can never count on the weather!
I look forward to the pics (y)

Just picked one of these up :)
This is the one and only outdoor shot I have taken!
I will add this is in poor lighting!

statue.png

Taken a few indoor shots and it seems like a great lens!
Looking forward to putting it through it paces this weekend.

Nice shots btw levi :)

i've got the tamron 28-75 f2.8 and it's good, although a little too soft at f2.8 at times

still getting used to mine

@Weetobix: Pic 1 is fantastic! I love it. Hell, pic 3 is fantastic as well.

What a great lens it seems. It was on my short list, but went with the Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 instead as I felt that I needed the extra length in my walkabout lens.

@Weetobix: Pic 1 is fantastic! I love it. Hell, pic 3 is fantastic as well.

What a great lens it seems. It was on my short list, but went with the Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 instead as I felt that I needed the extra length in my walkabout lens.

+1

Hi guys,
Been out for a walk today and loving this lens!

Heres a photo straight from the camera, no editing:

Truck.png

And a crop from the above, again no editing:

Crop.png

I'm really pleased with my purchase. :)
What do you think?

Looks good - i'm after one if any sellers out there...please pm me.

woodsie: is that wide open too?

I'm loving my lens. Its great wide open and superb stopped down just a little. It seems to work with my 580ex flash too. Some threads suggest issues about the lens not sending data to the flash. No issues here :woot:

woodsie: is that wide open too?

I'm loving my lens. Its great wide open and superb stopped down just a little. It seems to work with my 580ex flash too. Some threads suggest issues about the lens not sending data to the flash. No issues here :woot:

Yes sir, f/2.8 :)
It's a bargain of a lens :)

Back