To good to be true?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Take a look

Just over £400 for a 40D brand new. Anyone had any dealing with this site or are there any hidden stuff. Seems to good to be true when PC World are selling for £750.

Scam. Steer clear. Apparently, if you attempt to place an order it will fail but not before the've got your card details from you.

Seems to good to be true

Then it almost invariably is.

AVforums said:
I was considering the www.ProTechStore.com & www.newtechlink.com that were coming up using VH242H - Google Product Search and then up popped www.techsohos.com the other day weighing 20quid cheaper than the stupidly cheap other two.

At a tired / fed up with some other stuff moment of weakness I foolishly put details of my usual credit card, then when that was 'rejected' even more foolishly my debit card (both with their 3 digit security codes…). I cancelled them both very quickly so no fraud has been carried out. Card details can be stored and sold on later, but don’t hang around in cancelling if you have put them in a site like this.

This is embarrassing (beyond the non secure site that I noticed!) that I didn’t pick up all this to start with, but here goes:

The site looks dodgy, homepage states
“All of these products are made in China, and they are not original parts.” (?!)

the About us contradicts the homepage in the business description (ok not illegal to be stupid) but goes on just about batteries.
“We sell brand new replacement /compatible batteries that are manufactured to meet or exceed the specifications of the original brand manufacturer”

CONTACT US is all dodgy.

TechSohos
Contact
Address:
111 Edgware Road
London
W2 2DZ‎
UK
E-mail: sales@techsohos.com
Telephone: 020 7102 6392‎
Fax: (510) 656-3488

The London landline doesn’t exist.
The fax is a US number (pity they couldn’t be arsed to even fake a UK one)
The address given here 111 Edgware Road
appears from a studied use of Google street image thing to be a grocery store.

Terms & Conditions is fraudulent. It gives another (contradictory) address
Down in the 'privacy policy' section of 'Terms & Conditions'
Who we are
This website is operated by TechSohos Ltd. trading as TechSohos Ltd., TechSohos.com , company number , registered in England with its registered offices at 49A Tottenham Court Road,,,London,W1T 2EG

That address belongs to another company. I spoke to the store keeper by phone this afternoon who said there have been similar scams using his address falsely in the past, but not for quite a while. I won’t mention his company’s name here so as not to soil their company name but there is no reason to suspect them, he was surprised and had a look at the dodgy site to see for himself. He even used a credit check company he uses to see if they existed as a company and as any online searches will reveal, they obviously don’t.

+ guess which familiar to this thread PO Box the site is registered with? Well I’ll be damned if it’s not PO BOX 61359! (fabulouse site Allwhois.com, thanks!)

Domain Name.......... techsohos.com
Creation Date........ 2009-06-22
Registration Date.... 2009-06-22
Expiry Date.......... 2010-06-22
Organisation Name.... Evan Curtis
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ TECH PrivateRegContact
Tech Address......... PO Box 61359
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94088
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

So yep, avoid like the plague.
Again just because you don’t lose money now, doesn’t mean that it won’t happen in the future. + if any of this seems to cross the line, then of course mods, do what you must, but i'd be happy to say any of this in a court of law, so I don't anticpate you'll need to edit.

The most annoying thing is wasting time making a decision on a 'bargain' and having to start over

Enjoy!

Haha glad I checked thanks.

I love it when people go "ONLY" £585 like its chicken feed :LOL:

Their telephone number is a London one, but I'll bet it's a Skype-In one (you can have a number anywhere in the world) whilst the fax number is in California......

Haha glad I checked thanks.

I love it when people go "ONLY" £585 like its chicken feed :LOL:

I was was using the word 'only' as 'body only,' not that the price is low! Maybe I should have worded it better...

Back