Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, this one might be a bit OTT but here's some recent processing:

Before:
Rotary-img-0001.jpg

After:
p152825598-4.jpg

Yikes!

What a difference! How did you manage to pull out the detail, thats a trick I could do with adding to my bag!

Cool shot too, its an awesome machine!

Well, there's nothing amazing behind the processing really.

I started off with two images open in photoshop, performed a lab mode sharpen on one and then copied it to the other image as a layer. I then chose the original layer and performed a high pass USM sharpen and overlayed it as hard light. Then it was lots of playing with contrast and brightness, very little change to the colours. I did some extra work with topaz adjust plugin and layered ontop at around 20% opacity.

Sorry thats just from memory, I'll try to make a list of what I do next time. For one thing I'm sure it can be done in a less complicated way.

Yup, straight from a single RAW

This in interesting, when viewed side by side, most of you have said that you think the processing is good but in a thread I posted on the transport section which just had the processed shot, a number of people didn't like the processing...

(Thats not a problem by the way, I'm currently experimenting with my processing so all opinions are welcome)

Back